Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Uh... Fomorian Event Question

unmog

Okay I know people want there to be more ships and all so they can participate in the event, but how many until it's too many? I mean go and look, right now the Grineer are apparently even attacking Saturn... their own world? Really? Why would they attack Saturn? It even says its a Grineer fortress with well protected shipping lanes and training for their elite troops.There's not even any corpus missions there, just a few infestation one. How does that fit into the lore of the event? Now they're destroying themselves? How does that make any sense at all people?

Well I already got my 250 points, I say let them destroy themselves like the big trashcan heads they are. Personally I say let them destroy the corpus too, then we Tenno can just go in and take over everything. Honestly I would have much prefered DE just keep the missions around after they hit 0% instead of adding new ships in like every other planet.

Like I've said before, since DE brought a possible resource penalty into this, I say any world we complete we should get 50% more resources, its only fair. WHOS WITH ME!?

Okay I know people want there to be more ships and all so they can participate in the event, but how many until it's too many? I mean go and look, right now the Grineer are apparently even attacking Saturn... their own world? Really? Why would they attack Saturn? It even says its a Grineer fortress with well protected shipping lanes and training for their elite troops.There's not even any corpus missions there, just a few infestation one. How does that fit into the lore of the event? Now they're destroying themselves? How does that make any sense at all people?

When war happens, it happens everywhere.

Your reward are the new mods. Why should you get another reward? There is no need for that....

Because the penalty would then be no new mods correct? If they wanna bring resources into this, they should ante up.

Because the penalty would then be no new mods correct? If they wanna bring resources into this, they should ante up.

If you fail, you get the penalty, the resource cuts. But you havent won so therefore, no new mods aswell.  There is simply no reason to add another reward.....

If you fail, you get the penalty, the resource cuts. But you havent won so therefore, no new mods aswell.  There is simply no reason to add another reward.....

There's plenty of reasons. They keep adding new ships for us to destroy, they need to add more reward. Cuz right now Im just seeing more possible penalty and no more reward.

There's plenty of reasons. They keep adding new ships for us to destroy, they need to add more reward. Cuz right now Im just seeing more possible penalty and no more reward.

The reward, besides getting mods is not getting your resources cut in half so no, we dont need more rewards.. Edited by Venarge

The reward, besides getting mods is not getting your resources cut in half so no, we dont need more rewards..

Seriously, that is the most $&*&*#(%& thing Ive heard today. The reward is not being penalized? And no option to abstain from participating either? No thanks. When you say we don't need more rewards, speak for yourself dude.

And you still have failed to answer why they would attack Saturn. Friggen trolls...

Edited by unmog

Seriously, that is the most $&*&*#(%& thing Ive heard today.

I have seen way more stupid BS made from you in this thread.....

Saturn might be a bug. But well. Go on with your demand for more rewards. Just laughable.....

Like I said, Troll. Right, well I'm not going to feed em. Other than Grandmasters who buy everything in the game anyway and don't need resource boosts and dont care if they get cut, what's everyone else think?

And you still have failed to answer why they would attack Saturn. Friggen trolls...

If I had access to massive superships I'd probably want to deploy some to defend my own territory too.

Also, if we could skip the insults/trolling accusations/discrimination and/or dismissal of people just because they wanted to spend a bit more money on the game, that'd be great.

If I had access to massive superships I'd probably want to deploy some to defend my own territory too.

Also, if we could skip the insults/trolling accusations/discrimination and/or dismissal of people just because they wanted to spend a bit more money on the game, that'd be great.

I've spent money too... not on just myself but others. Just because it doesn't say grand master by my name doesnt meant I haven't spent just as much on the game. I just prefer to make all my stuff instead of buy it all. But fine I apologize if I hurt his feelings.

Still if the Grineer are "defending" their areas with them instead of attacking why would there be a penalty for not destroying it? Like I pointed out the Corpus aren't anywhere in Saturn afterall. It still doesn't really fit with the lore behind the event.

I've spent money too... not on just myself but others. Just because it doesn't say grand master by my name doesnt meant I haven't spent just as much on the game. I just prefer to make all my stuff instead of buy it all. But fine I apologize if I hurt his feelings.

Still if the Grineer are "defending" their areas with them instead of attacking why would there be a penalty for not destroying it? Like I pointed out the Corpus aren't anywhere in Saturn afterall. It still doesn't really fit with the lore behind the event.

its not a lore thing, it's an event thing.

by the end I bet every system has a ship, and any system with ships left get the 50% penalty.

DE is probably multitasking in this event to see what systems people actually want to farm in, and are they willing to go beyond the 250 point mark to see if people are playing "for themselves" or "for the Tenno".

also lore wise the Corpus control almost all shipping and the resource market.

most merchants have outposts / warehouses / supply yards in every market they "service", so just because its not on the map for us does not mean it does not exist lore wise.

There is your way to make it fit the lore with minimal fuss. 

its not a lore thing, it's an event thing.

yea I get that, its why I said I would have really prefered them just keep the ships they originally had playable even after they hit 0%

by the end I bet every system has a ship, and any system with ships left get the 50% penalty.

DE is probably multitasking in this event to see what systems people actually want to farm in, and are they willing to go beyond the 250 point mark to see if people are playing "for themselves" or "for the Tenno".

I see that happening too... and I dont see us completing every planet by the end of tommorow which seems a little unfair to me. Its why I proposed the places we DO finish we get some kind of resource boost as well since they started adding more and more and more ships. More challenge without more reward isn't fair, and I figure if this battle can effect resources negatively, then it should be able to give us a resource boost too. These ships are massive after all, think of all the resources that went into creating them?

Actually now that Im thinking about it... possibly more directed to Thor since he's a Moderator and maybe they told him more than us. Is there any information about what these ships are actually supposed to do? What theyre capable of? Is there maybe two different videos, one for the good ending and one for the bad ending? Id like to see one of these "Grineer Death Stars" blast the corpus, at least once, just to see what its actually supposed to do. I'm thinking it just drops a bunch of bombs on them or nukes them or something considering the Grineer deal mostly with firearms and explosion weaponry instead of lasers and such.

Id also like to see the event stick around after this weekend, showing up randomly on planets some days. If you destroy them, maybe a resource boost in the area. If not, a resource penalty. What kind of rewards would you guys like? But I guess regardless of possible rewards what do you think the chances are of these fomorian ships sticking around? I haven't seen any spy drones after all lately...

Seriously, a better question to ask is why some of them have the "this ship is self-destructing" condition.

If it's self-destructing, why do we need to be there? :-P

Also, next event will feature infested superships, and they'll be all like "Oh god, how could we have forseen this!?"

Right, that's exactly the point. But it's not whether or not you hurt his feelings - it's more a common courtesy thing. As a founder yourself I imagine you'd be a bit peeved if someone dismissed your opinion out of hand because they assumed that you just bought everything with plat. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about that particular issue a bit more, I'm happy to discuss it with you.

I mean, if a giant Death Star was defending the system I imagine there'd be some difficulty for Tenno operations.

Actually now that Im thinking about it... possibly more directed to Thor since he's a Moderator and maybe they told him more than us. Is there any information about what these ships are actually supposed to do? What theyre capable of? Is there maybe two different videos, one for the good ending and one for the bad ending? Id like to see one of these "Grineer Death Stars" blast the corpus, at least once, just to see what its actually supposed to do. I'm thinking it just drops a bunch of bombs on them or nukes them or something considering the Grineer deal mostly with firearms and explosion weaponry instead of lasers and such.

Id also like to see the event stick around after this weekend, showing up randomly on planets some days. If you destroy them, maybe a resource boost in the area. If not, a resource penalty. What kind of rewards would you guys like? But I guess regardless of possible rewards what do you think the chances are of these fomorian ships sticking around? I haven't seen any spy drones after all lately...

Sadly I don't know any more on that count than you do. I do like your idea of having the ships appear sporadically after this though - essentially mini-community events? If you flesh it out a bit I think it'd be a great idea to bring to DE's attention. I know that some people have been advocating for the spy drones to make a reappearance - their radar effect was kind of neat.

Seriously, a better question to ask is why some of them have the "this ship is self-destructing" condition.

If it's self-destructing, why do we need to be there? :-P

Wait, that happened? I think I had a couple of cryoleaks, but that's pretty hilarious.

More ships means more points. More points means more mods. Those mods mean more ammo for your ammo shredder weapons. More ammo in your ammo shredders means faster killing of things with dakka.

There's your second reward.

Also, why not put them in Saturn? Sure, they are meant to take out Corpus, but the Corpus have ships. Maybe the Grineer want to make sure the Corpus don't do a sneak attack on their own territory. Take a few hits to the arm while you stab them in the gut, kinda thing.

I mean, if a giant Death Star was defending the system I imagine there'd be some difficulty for Tenno operations.

Well I mean it's not very fast... I doubt it's really designed to intercept anything. It hasn't been doing a good job at it so far at least considering how many of us keep landing on board it and blowing it up. :p Really from the lore released about it so far and the sheer size of it, it makes me think it's job is to one shot whatever base the grineer decides needs to go boom. I just kinda wonder how it's supposed to do that. Missile barrage? Bombs? Big cannons? The Grineer dont really seem the type to use hyper death lasers is all.

I do like your idea of having the ships appear sporadically after this though - essentially mini-community events? If you flesh it out a bit I think it'd be a great idea to bring to DE's attention.

That'd be pretty cool actually. So far though it seems most of the feedback I give never gets responded to and so all I can assume is it's pretty much ignored. I'd be more than happy to flesh it out for them though if they showed an interest in hearing about it. Just once Id like to get one of my questions answered on a livestream ya know? Seems to be the same people over and over... been considering upgrading to master so I can get on the design council. Maybe then I would know anything I suggest might make an impact later on down the road.

More ships means more points. More points means more mods. Those mods mean more ammo for your ammo shredder weapons. More ammo in your ammo shredders means faster killing of things with dakka.

There's your second reward.

Uh, ya dont get more mods once you get more than 250 points. If they started giving more mods though... then we'd be in business. :p I don't really care much for the dojo decorations though to be honest.

Personally I have a problem with decorations in the dojo as they are. There's currently no way to see what it would look like when you're setting it up after it's completed. Why? Because they replace the texture completely with that yellow/red/blue reflective honeycomb texture. This makes it especially annoying when you try and situate those floor medallions to see if they line up properly, more so in the case of "Floor Medallion #8", the one that isn't perfectly symmetrical at all angles. It'd be much better if they didn't replace the texture completely, maybe just tint it or do some texture overlay or something to show it isn't finished. And whys it keep tilting things to a weird angle after I change it's size?

/rant And while I'm bringing up dojo stuff, slightly more off topic... where did my long hallway option go? The short hallway just dont cut it, especially for 1 forma each! It takes like 3 short hallways to make what should be 1 normal long hallway >:( Figure the more I bring that up the more likely [maybe] that DE will bring it back. /endrant

Edited by unmog

Uh, ya dont get more mods once you get more than 250 points. If they started giving more mods though... then we'd be in business. :p I don't really care much for the dojo decorations though to be honest.

If you have the 250 then you're going to get your mods once the event ends. You have your reward, it's just sitting in the cooker and you can't rush it with plat.

You now have no reason to really continue doing the event other than just making sure your favorite farming planets are not cut in half for the resource amount. That's really it.

You now have no reason to really continue doing the event other than just making sure your favorite farming planets are not cut in half for the resource amount. That's really it.

Exactly... thats the problem to me. The only reason I have to continue doing it is on the off chance my contributions keep places from getting a resource penalty. They keep adding ships that will cause penalties but offer no real reward for doing them. Not getting penalized is not the same thing as a reward.

And by reward I dont mean a chance at getting some dojo decoration, only the top people are going to get that, like what five or so clans? I mean a community reward, since the community will get penalized if any of these things are left after tommorow. Will there be any? Maybe, especially if they keep adding more and more for us to take care of with no other incentive than if we dont we get the whip. Cuz that will make this game much better right, twice as much grinding for the next few weeks.

Like I said before, the devs brought resources into this when they probably shouldn't have, I think a resource boost in those areas we complete them is fair. Those ships are pretty massive after all, and probably took a lot of resources to build. Their destruction should be salvageable.

Exactly... thats the problem to me. The only reason I have to continue doing it is on the off chance my contributions keep places from getting a resource penalty. They keep adding ships that will cause penalties but offer no real reward for doing them. Not getting penalized is not the same thing as a reward.

And by reward I dont mean a chance at getting some dojo decoration, only the top people are going to get that, like what five or so clans? I mean a community reward, since the community will get penalized if any of these things are left after tommorow. Will there be any? Maybe, especially if they keep adding more and more for us to take care of with no other incentive than if we dont we get the whip. Cuz that will make this game much better right, twice as much grinding for the next few weeks.

Like I said before, the devs brought resources into this when they probably shouldn't have, I think a resource boost in those areas we complete them is fair. Those ships are pretty massive after all, and probably took a lot of resources to build. Their destruction should be salvageable.

Then I feel like you're one of those people who, during the last few events, did the minimum and then that was it.

Okay I know people want there to be more ships and all so they can participate in the event, but how many until it's too many? I mean go and look, right now the Grineer are apparently even attacking Saturn... their own world? Really? Why would they attack Saturn? It even says its a Grineer fortress with well protected shipping lanes and training for their elite troops.

Have you ever heard the expression "Preemptive strike"?

Then I feel like you're one of those people who, during the last few events, did the minimum and then that was it.

I guess you'd be mistaken then. :p

Have you ever heard the expression "Preemptive strike"?

I dont think I understand... theyre doing a pre-emptive strike on saturn? For what purpose? :p Its not like saturn is where their shipyards are located either, and even if they were then we'd be attacking an unfinished one instead. But that does seem like a neat idea for a mission, attacking a big ship before its completed.

Edited by unmog

I dont think I understand... theyre doing a pre-emptive strike on saturn? For what purpose? :p Its not like saturn is where their shipyards are located either, and even if they were then we'd be attacking an unfinished one instead. But that does seem like a neat idea for a mission, attacking a big ship before its completed.

No, silly. YOU are doing a preemtive strike at their ships on their fleets' staging point. Or do you think the Fomorian Ships just get built around the planets they'll attack? They are built on Grineer strongholds and deployed from there.

Also, there's no way for us to destroy the unfinished ships as easely as we can the functional ones. Our tactic is corrupting the fuel so that it'll blow up. An unfinished huge ship is powered down, therefore immune to our tactic. We are attacking their staging point, not their shipyards.