The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Invincible Captain Vor [Fixed]

Wolferion

19 minutes ago, 1CottonEyeJoe said:

Someone mentioned on the Steam forums to kill him with a single shot weapon.  I used a bow and that did the trick for me.

Thank you! Can confirm this works. Managed to kill him first try when using a bow instead of a rifle.

I had this problem as well.  Got someone into the game last night and they hit a wall right there.  It has to be something with bosses that have phases because I just had the same problem with Kela De Thaym.  She had no health and would just jump around the room shooting rockets.

Please note: I have NOT figured out why he's invincible directly upon spawning...but this may be related. Additionally, this may also apply to other bosses such as Kril and Kela...I have admittedly not tested this.  

Provided you get the Vor fight to start as normal, Captain Vor will go into an immobile, invincible state when...

1. You inflict a corrosive proc on him and then do enough damage to trigger the invincibility phase where he spawns the additional grineer enemies.

2. You did NOT have Corrosive Projection equipped. 

Interestingly enough, if CorrProj was equipped, the invincibility bug did not trigger. 

All of my tests were carried out in a solo "invite only" lobby, and I tested this with a variety of different weapons. Shotgun/Bullet/melee weapon did not seem to matter. 

It's also worth noting that I've never had Vor start as invincible in any of my tests. 

Edited by James_Skyminer
hotfix fixed issue