Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vasto Animation Improvement Idea

windenaifer

Hello there, i've been using vasto for some time now, i really like the concept and design of the weapon and all, also like it's stats and think that it doesn't need a change on those. But the problem comes to how you use the weapon, for what i see it was supposed to look like a single action revolver, but the way your character uses it is the same as all other single pistols like lato, bolto, lex.

I think that, for the weapon to be more unique, the character should do it like a true cowboy and use the other hand to help firing it too and not just holding it with both hands for better aim when you zoom it, similar to this guy in this video, not as fast tough, at least not unmodded:

It's just a suggestion, i think that would make you have more fun with the weapon if it was changed that way, cause as it stands right now, it's just another simple pistol with no difference between others.

it's the future. by this logic, nobody would ever design a single action revolver... in the future. atleast i hope not, it drastically limits the flexibility of your weapon.

we should probably assume it's double action.

it's the future. by this logic, nobody would ever design a single action revolver... in the future. atleast i hope not, it drastically limits the flexibility of your weapon.

we should probably assume it's double action.

True, but a little bit of suspension of disbelief can make the weapon look and feel much better.

I mean, if you look at the model and how you hold it, it's held with the thumb on the hammer.

All though the design of the revolver at close up shows no hammer (meaning its a double-action). If they are marketing the weapon as having "a Cowboy feel" then a hip shot style fanning action would be part of that sale point.

I would have to say I would love to see that style of gun slinging rather then the standard single hand or double hand approach to using a sidearm.

All though the design of the revolver at close up shows no hammer (meaning its a double-action). If they are marketing the weapon as having "a Cowboy feel" then a hip shot style fanning action would be part of that sale point.

this is true... hipfiring could use fanning, and aiming would operate as it does currently, i think that's the best. then i can still have Vasto the way i want it since i'd never use fanning. i don't like wasting bullets.

at the same time, if there is no hammer on it, i haven't looked for one, then fanning is.... impossible. a hammer could be added, of course. but i'm not sure i see this happening.

personally, i saw the word revolver, saw the basic stats, and rush built it 30 seconds later. i was sold on the fact it was a revolver, and how it looked. 

that also complements this, with new animation, a new reload animation can also be done.

all frames and weapons currently use a very static set of animations. i know for certain weapons will have their own animations once the bulk of the work is done and those little things can be worked on. frames will also be getting their own animations, i think Scott said he wanted to do that. it was in Stream #10 if you want to double check, i'm pretty sure. maybe it was #9.

and presumingly, melee will have their own animations as well, though i don't find major problems with them as it is. 

Edited by taiiat

personally, i saw the word revolver, saw the basic stats, and rush built it 30 seconds later. i was sold on the fact it was a revolver, and how it looked.

i was more sold on the stats, it's essentially an alternative to the Lex, sacrificing 30% damage for almost 5x firerate, which sounds great to me, since i loved my Lex.

all frames and weapons currently use a very static set of animations. i know for certain weapons will have their own animations once the bulk of the work is done and those little things can be worked on. frames will also be getting their own animations, i think Scott said he wanted to do that. it was in Stream #10 if you want to double check, i'm pretty sure. maybe it was #9.

and presumingly, melee will have their own animations as well, though i don't find major problems with them as it is.

individual frames arent getting unique animations, im pretty sure Scott said they're gonna do animations for categories of frames, either male and female, or light, medium, heavy frames. melee already have their own unique animation, and i doubt that will change depending on which type of frame is using it, that would be too much work.