Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Ash

Bercovein

Hello, the other day i was thinking that if Ash could have his first hability (Shuriken) like the first hability of Ivara (Aljaba) or the second hability of Vauban (Minador).

Maybe ninja weapons can be in hab. 1, like Shuriken, a Makibishi that stops enemies in front of him, a Metsubushi that blind the enemies, and some other weapon.

That could give Ash a new form to play him.. i dont know, it's an idea.

what do you think?

While I would like having different stuff, I personally think that wouldn't work on Ash specifically. Ivara and Vauban are "slow" frames, designed around not moving much and setting up traps. Ash is a mobile melee-oriented assassin/skirmisher so having a Quiver-style ability would slow him down.

On the other hand, Shuriken could be given an dual function based on Tap or Hold. Let me explain: When you tap the button you get one effect, when you hold it for a fixed 1s with automatic release (meaning you can't hold it forever) you get another effect. It would be much faster and easier to pull. His other abilities could get similar treatment and instead of having 4 abilities clogged into a single key he gets 7-8 abilities spread over 4 keys.

55 minutes ago, 7thCreed said:

Ash just got reworked and I think that he's got a perfect balance at the moment. Plus, augmenting his shuriken is pretty much overpowered even in the end game.

He is perfect in the sense the Light Warriors are heroes.

Spoiler

071115.png

1 hour ago, 7thCreed said:

Ash just got reworked and I think that he's got a perfect balance at the moment. Plus, augmenting his shuriken is pretty much overpowered even in the end game.

It's almost the 1 year anniversary of his rework, I wouldn't call that "just got" to be honest. 

4 hours ago, aligatorno said:

It's almost the 1 year anniversary of his rework, I wouldn't call that "just got" to be honest. 

Fair point. Still, Ash is already sort of a one man army warframe just like Loki. Ash's skill set already depicts a master assassin so I don't really see a point in changing those except on how they work. Also, I think DE would rather make another stealthframe if players aren't satisfied with the current ones at the moment.