The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fomorian Event - Leaderboards

KudaGila

Hey there,

I've got so far 895 points for this event, my question is simply HOW is possible for ppl to get 4,5k of points for this event, if you get only 10 points for deploying all 3 coruptors? If they don't get any bonus for helping the most to destroy one of the ships, sorry but it seems like unfair tactics - like 2+ players on 1 account or bots to run the mission over and over again. I'm trying to get in the top spots on leaderboards, but with fair play seems like I'm gonna be left at my 300+ spot.

I around 500 and my clan's around 20k points total. As are a lot of the other clans near the top 10 but number 1 is a staggering 60k last time I checked. It's a 40k difference in points between #1 and the average top ten. That's about 4000 more runs.

i did the 250 for all the mods

i wanted to kill myself afterwards, i have no clue how people can even break 1k

DE need to start making event challenges difficult instead of tedious, like a ridiculous event-boss that you have to kill that does tons of dmg and requires special tactics to beat, all these farm events feel kinda shallow.

A good team will clear a mission in less than 4 minutes.

Rush, rush, rush, deploy all 3 corrupters, defend for 40 seconds or so, rush, rush, end.

Rinse and repeat.

Throw in some infested missions every once in a while to stock up on corrupters.

Despite more than doubling the required number of points in case there really is an advantage to 500+, and using people recruited from the channel, I doubt I even spent six hours on this. Someone running with a private group, using Volt, sixteen hours a day, could quite possibly reach those numbers.

We take aprox. 2-2:30 mins per run, and everyone has max rush max quick rest and volt buff.

You are sad existence then, I see no reason in doing it that way. You don't gain any resources, skip all enemies and have no fun what so ever from it, only mindless farming.

i did the 250 for all the mods

i wanted to kill myself afterwards, i have no clue how people can even break 1k

DE need to start making event challenges difficult instead of tedious, like a ridiculous event-boss that you have to kill that does tons of dmg and requires special tactics to beat, all these farm events feel kinda shallow.

Oh I agree with you so much buddy... It was a pain to do all 250 but still managable.

The thing is... I'd rather stay with this event... It has a decent number of runs you need to do to get the biggest prize (If you are running in a premade team) 25 runs for the whole weekend that's OK.

I've actually been loving this event because nobody is complaining about rushers. I've managed to do multiple runs with the same group of randoms, everyone coordinates which corrupters we need to bring, and nobody wastes time trying to scour the level for containers or loose enemies. With all three corrupters, it takes less than a minute of 'defense'. What is also interesting is that if they are late to alert to your presence, there is practically no resistance and we've ended up with 20 or fewer kills a piece at the end. Easily finished in 2-3 minutes.

You are sad existence then, I see no reason in doing it that way. You don't gain any resources, skip all enemies and have no fun what so ever from it, only mindless farming.

That's sad. It must be boring standing in the same room and having no fun. No progression from just mindlessly shooting dudes.

Two sides of the same coin.

Oh I agree with you so much buddy... It was a pain to do all 250 but still managable.

The thing is... I'd rather stay with this event... It has a decent number of runs you need to do to get the biggest prize (If you are running in a premade team) 25 runs for the whole weekend that's OK.

that's just it though, is this a co-op third person shooter or a MMO?  why is every event revolved around doing 5 billion runs?  come on DE..

that's just it though, is this a co-op third person shooter or a MMO?  why is every event revolved around doing 5 billion runs?  come on DE..

The issue with events is that while there are a lot of hardcore players, the mass majority of any crowd is casuals. Make something too hard to satisfy the hardcore players and you get far more casuals complaining about how the event is biased towards the hardcore. A lot of people simply don't have the time and effort to devote to this kind of stuff. The question then becomes, how do you make it so everyone will be able to participate? The answer is to make the event incredibly simple to accomplish, and to request massive attempts to make up for the ease of difficulty. Yes, it becomes a mind-numbing grind at that point, but, how do you spice up the difficulty without scaring off the casuals?

You can't say that those casuals need to learn all the tricks to beating a hard event because you're in no position to demand that of them. People play however they want to play, just like you play how you want to play. I know you would get angry if someone told you that you're supposed to do it "this" way rather then "that" way.

You are sad, only killing, and farming is boring. we made races all the time who is the first at the terminal and the first at the extraction point. btw we 4 are dont need any resouces and mods cause we have it all, i leveld 6  weapons to 30.

watch here http://www.twitch.tv/sithgar/b/437385723

Edited by Sithgar