Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bo Attack Speed: ?

SOUP.CAN

This is just a suggestion, but the orthos is a heavy weapon, with huge blades on the end, and the amphis is a huge staff with heavy electrical watchamacallits on the end, the bo is just a reinforced staff, but the orthos and the amphis have a faster attack speed. WUUUUUT TE HHHHEEEEEEECKK?????

So, please buff the bo's attack speed. please. it may not even be a good weapon, but simple logic says a staff with nothing on the end should be faster to spin and hit stuff with that a staff with huge blades or electrical things on the end.

EDIT: just found out that the bo is as slow as the skana. The skana.... sheesh

Edited by VDPrime

Bo staff should have very fast, very wide hitboxes that strike multiple times and hit multiple enemies all around you. Even if it doesn't do damage for peanuts, having that kind of crowd control would make the weapon fun and worth it. Right now though...yeah, it's not too satisfying at all.

they way i thought about it was since the bo pole itself was the weapon that it was far heavier then the blade on any other heavy weapon so it would make sense for you to swing this heavy pole as slowly as you do

they way i thought about it was since the bo pole itself was the weapon that it was far heavier then the blade on any other heavy weapon so it would make sense for you to swing this heavy pole as slowly as you do

What I meant was that the orthos and the amphis are basically bos with moar stuff on the end, so my thinking should mean that the bo should be faster.

Edited by VDPrime

The Bo is a crowd control tool and one of the most fun weapons i've used. With maxed frost damage and Fury + stagger it is like a wall and will push back anything thrown at it. I always felt they could buff the damage a bit but even without that it's still a very usefull tool for crowd control. I'm not sure it'd need more speed but i guess it wouldn't hurt either ; ) 

Sadly that 'wall' effect can be achieved by other more useful heavy weapons like the Fragor or Furax. Not only do these weapons have wide, multi-hit swing attacks, they also apply status effects (frost mods for example) in a HUGE radius every time they do an overhead swing. You can keep whole mods in a constant state of frozen stasis just by spamming basic attacks, and that's not even talking about the jump attack's huge knockdown radius.

The bo staff does have a fantastic slide attack though.

Fast as the fangs speed. That would be nice to see.

Well, that would be nice, but it probably wouldn't be that fast. If they do buff the speed, it will probably be a bit slower that the fang, but faster than orthos and amphis.

Sadly that 'wall' effect can be achieved by other more useful heavy weapons like the Fragor or Furax. Not only do these weapons have wide, multi-hit swing attacks, they also apply status effects (frost mods for example) in a HUGE radius every time they do an overhead swing. You can keep whole mods in a constant state of frozen stasis just by spamming basic attacks, and that's not even talking about the jump attack's huge knockdown radius.

The bo staff does have a fantastic slide attack though.

and it sends them flying = )

There's so many melee weapon they need to take a loot at !

And DE please give some love to Mire, the design is good and original but the perf aren' t hardly see anyone running around with it.

Yeah, i agree, its like they're so preoccupied with all the new stuff, they kind of forget all the older weapons. :(

Ah the Bo Staff, my second weapon after the Skana, good times, good times...

Until I traded the piece of junk out for the faster, stronger, Shield Osprey killer that is the Amphis! I fully support giving the Bo a speed boost to give it a little more of an edge over the Skana. The novelty was fun at first but now it doesn't really seem to have any redeeming qualities over similarly leveled melee weapons.

(I still loved it though)

Ah the Bo Staff, my second weapon after the Skana, good times, good times...

Until I traded the piece of junk out for the faster, stronger, Shield Osprey killer that is the Amphis! I fully support giving the Bo a speed boost to give it a little more of an edge over the Skana. The novelty was fun at first but now it doesn't really seem to have any redeeming qualities over similarly leveled melee weapons.

(I still loved it though)

fair enough, the amphis is pretty good

Its because of the animations that the bo is so slow. Have you seen the vertical strike with normal melee? It TAKES forever. Even though the fury mod is maxed, the actually swing speed during each attack is really slow. DE, please buff this weapon and make it more viable.

Yeah, I think the Bo staff could use an attack speed boost. And, as crowd control, I'd like to see it stagger some Infected and Corpus too.  I never could get the Bo staff to do that, and only got staggers on some Grineer.

Bo is definitely deserving of not just better attack speed, but better attack animations. The Bo has a very underwhelming portrayal in Warframe compared to how you see Bo and staffs used in movies and martial arts demonstrations. Frankly, it looks really clumsy in game, which is very disappointing. I hope they give this weapon a nicer treatment in the future.

Yeah, I think the Bo staff could use an attack speed boost. And, as crowd control, I'd like to see it stagger some Infected and Corpus too.  I never could get the Bo staff to do that, and only got staggers on some Grineer.

Yeah, you would have though getting hit in the face (or anywhere, for that matter) with a huge freaking pole would make you stagger a bit, even if you just a fleshy space-zombie

I just got this the other day and I really want to like this weapon but it just isn't viable at high levels. I'm not even sure if the stats on the wiki are right, it says 100% stagger! That being said I think a speed buff would help but those attack animations are wonky! I feel like half the time I'm not even hitting anything.

yes PLEASE!!!! it makes no sense how it goes slower but is lighter. up its speed to like 1.5--2.0 and it would fix some to the bos issues.  it ignors armor and stuns and does average damage for melee weapons so if you up its attack speed and fix its weird hit boxes it would be a decent melee weapons