Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Orokin Tower Keys, Without Being Host...

rksk16it

Exactly what the title says.. is it possible ?

The place where I live, almost all ISPs provide internet connections which are good for downloading but pretty limited upload speed. I want to be able to use my Tower keys, WITHOUT being a host. I have few friends in Warframe which have better hosting capabilities than me, and I'd like to play Tower levels with them being host (with my key ofc).

Edited by rksk16it

no way... unless u give ur account datas to 1 of ur friends and he will host with ur key and u play with his account....

Then there must be some way to give my keys to a friend and/or clanmate, WITHOUT giving my account info (lol).

Do that = Banned. It's on the FAQ

Even if its not bannable, I am not going to do it cuz I want to play MY characters, with MY mods, MY weapons, MY colours, MY sentinels... well you get the idea :P

Also, if someone says that it may break the lore or something, like if the key is mine, I should be able to "unlock" the tower blah blah, I'd say "hosting" a game is a "technical detail" which has nothing to do with the lore. Even if it breaks lore, I'll prefer it over a mission which is destined to fail at wave 5 of T3 defense, just cuz everyone got disconnected from host (me).

Edited by rksk16it

I would like to have an option to use my void keys without being a host myself as well. Maybe add an option to designate a host in the lobby, or make the game detect the best connection and CPU and designate the host based on that.

Because I am so NOT hosting a four player T3 defense on a puny 1mbps upstream. First of all, my computer will lag and freeze to hell and second, my teammates players will spend the most of the game guessing which of the enemies standing around are dead and which are actually alive and generally try to guess what is going on. Which WILL result in a failure within a couple of minutes.

I would like to have an option to use my void keys without being a host myself as well. Maybe add an option to designate a host in the lobby, or make the game detect the best connection and CPU and designate the host based on that.

Because I am so NOT hosting a four player T3 defense on a puny 1mbps upstream. First of all, my computer will lag and freeze to hell and second, my teammates players will spend the most of the game guessing which of the enemies standing around are dead and which are actually alive and generally try to guess what is going on. Which WILL result in a failure within a couple of minutes.

Same is the case with me. I have lots of T3 defense keys lying around, without any way to use it in forseeable future. Unless I learn which frame/mods/weap to use to solo T3 defense, which again will be mostly a waste cuz whatever rewards will be given to me, could be also given to three others in my clan/friends.