Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Formorian Event - The Little Guys

EirikAura

Yeah as rl meant I was busy until now, I have no hope of even clearing one attempt. I have a heap of corruptors and no way to use them. I got in a party earlier which ended up being snagged by a diff member for a standard defense mission and was then disbanded. 

Then we go out for a couple hours and come home to 60 lv enemies and me with my lv 15 frame. well fk. Cant venus get in trouble again??

Well maybe next time they do an event they can put some thought into the fact that not all of us have been here since U7 or before. Not all of us can do the big missions. The lower end ships went so fast that we didn't get more than a mission or two out of it and I can't justify spending all weekend in front of the pc waiting for a mission I can actually stand a chance of surviving

The event ends at noon tomorrow. there will be more ships I'm sure. People like me need to sneak in 250 points in the last 12 hours.

Even if it meant possibly failing the event?

Yep. Although we wont. People like materials and hate farming too much.

It should be set so that lower planet events can only be done by lower ranks until say the last 12 hours. That way we'd have a chance and any we missed the big guns could waltz in and, to quote,

still 1-shoot everyone of them ._.

thus we'd have a chance at getting the mods WE need. The big guns already have them :S

Well maybe next time they do an event they can put some thought into the fact that not all of us have been here since U7 or before. Not all of us can do the big missions. The lower end ships went so fast that we didn't get more than a mission or two out of it and I can't justify spending all weekend in front of the pc waiting for a mission I can actually stand a chance of surviving

Then level up your frames and weapons.  Sedna will at least be pretty survivable with semi decent gear.  It's still a popular place for leveling up new weapons and frames. Quickly leveling stuff up is pretty viable on cyath, eris no matter what level your stuff is since a lot of people are grinding corruptors there

Edited by Aggh

Instead of spawning new ships, they could have at least allowed us to assault the "downed" ships for more points because this is a limited event and not everybody has uber-awesome gear to survive Level 40, 50, 60 mobs and/or actually contribute to the effort beyond lugging a corruptor around.

And even then, what happens when all the ships are dead and people are still needing more points? They should get screwed out of rewards because there's no way to obtain points? They needed a way to obtain points if ships are down IMO.

Then level up your frames and weapons.  Sedna will at least be pretty survivable with semi decent gear.  It's still a popular place for leveling up new weapons and frames. Quickly leveling stuff up is pretty viable on cyath, eris no matter what level your stuff is since a lot of people are grinding corruptors there

No, really? You think? I'd never have thought of that. 

Come on, don't be any more of a todger than you have to be. I AM leveling my frame and gear but you know, it ain't there yet, and even when I get to that point there'll be other new players - unless the game has by then gone so hardcore stupid that - like when U9 came out - the new players just can't progress and all end up quitting

No, really? You think? I'd never have thought of that. 

Come on, don't be any more of a todger than you have to be. I AM leveling my frame and gear but you know, it ain't there yet, and even when I get to that point there'll be other new players - unless the game has by then gone so hardcore stupid that - like when U9 came out - the new players just can't progress and all end up quitting

It takes maybe a handful of hours to get a frame up to level 30 in mobile defense.  Melee weapons are the only things that level slow enough that you couldn't have had them at level 30 within a reasonable amount of time.

It takes maybe a handful of hours to get a frame up to level 30 in mobile defense.  Melee weapons are the only things that level slow enough that you couldn't have had them at level 30 within a reasonable amount of time.

Ok, you try it under U9 conditions - leave all those fancy &#! mods and weaps at home and see how you do in a mobile defence - and how fast you get disconnected from the squad when they realise you can't actually OHK things :S

Unless it's with friends/clan, squad play is pointless to me. And still doesn't solve the problems.

You don't even need to kill a single mob in them, so I don't think it's much of an issue really, at least if your teammates are at least semi competent that is.

Really? You want to try it with nothing over lvl 20 and NO maxed mods?

Ok, you try it under U9 conditions - leave all those fancy &#! mods and weaps at home and see how you do in a mobile defence - and how fast you get disconnected from the squad when they realise you can't actually OHK things :S

Unless it's with friends/clan, squad play is pointless to me. And still doesn't solve the problems.

I've leveled up full level 0 gear+frame on kappa.  There'll always be someone to carry you until you can fit some decent mods on your stuff, which doesn't take long since you get tons of xp from team mates' kills.  And you don't need fancy mods for level 30 mobs.  Unless you think something as easy to get as multi shot mods are fancy.  Getting diconnected isn't a big deal either, kappa is a hot spot where you'll almost always be able to find a new pug.

Edited by Aggh

Having a frame leveled up doesn't do all that much for you, and leveling weapons up does absolutely nothing.

The only thing that DOES help you, is sticking MODS on those. A Lv30 gun is just as useless as a Lv0 gun if you have no mods on it.

What does a newbie have that'd actually allow him to survive Level 50+ missions? How fast do you think newbies can farm up lots of fusion cores and mods like serration, etc? You might get a couple ranks of vitality and redirection but that's about it.

I've leveled up full level 0 gear+frame on kappa.  There'll always be someone to carry you until you can fit some decent mods on your stuff, which doesn't take long since you get tons of xp from team mates' kills.  And you don't need fancy mods for level 30 mobs.  Unless you think something as easy to get as multi shot mods are fancy.  Getting diconnected isn't a big deal either, kappa is a hot spot where you'll almost always be able to find a new pug.

And the ships that are left are quite a bit higher than Level 30. Try 50.

You ain't going in there with Excal/Mag/Loki with almost no mods and the starter weapons and actually pretend to contribute. Doesn't matter if your gear is Lv10 or Lv30... you'll still die anytime something looks at you, and you'll do <5% of the total damage and a whole clip won't kill a single mob.

Edited by Xylia

Having a frame leveled up doesn't do all that much for you, and leveling weapons up does absolutely nothing.

The only thing that DOES help you, is sticking MODS on those. A Lv30 gun is just as useless as a Lv0 gun if you have no mods on it.

What does a newbie have that'd actually allow him to survive Level 50+ missions? How fast do you think newbies can farm up lots of fusion cores and mods like serration, etc? You might get a couple ranks of vitality and redirection but that's about it.

And the ships that are left are quite a bit higher than Level 30. Try 50.

You ain't going in there with Excal/Mag/Loki with almost no mods and the starter weapons and actually pretend to contribute. Doesn't matter if your gear is Lv10 or Lv30... you'll still die anytime something looks at you, and you'll do <5% of the total damage and a whole clip won't kill a single mob.

You get S#&amp;&#036; tons of mods during mobile defense.  You won't max out a serrration, but you can easily get it and other mods up to a decent level.

Sedna hasn't had a ship yet.

You get S#&$ tons of mods during mobile defense.  You won't max out a serrration, but you can easily get it and other mods up to a decent level.

Sedna hasn't had a ship yet.

Yeah, and while you're spending lots of time doing that, you're running out of time on the Event. You're not going to get "lots of mods to a decent level" in just 2-3 hours of Mobile Defense. The drops aren't THAT good.

And many people are doing INFESTED mobile defense (you know, for corruptors?). Wanna know what drops in Infested MD? Warframe Powers, more than anything.

Oh, and it takes CREDITS to fuse these mods together. Lots of them, in fact. How many newbies do you know have 100k+ credits to dump on mods in a hurry? Not many, probably. Newbies don't have access to Void, and their missions only give 1-2k credits per mission. Throw a couple fusion cores on 1 mod, there goes a mission worth of credits right there.

Edited by Xylia