Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sins of the Orokin empire (Lore theory)

GanknShank

The Sins of the Orokin empire and how each enemy faction embodies that trait. I believe Orokin empire to operate much like a theocratic empire with it’s fair shares of hypocrisy.

The Corpus represent Greed and Lust for control It represents the Orkin's quest for more using mechanical augmentation, robotics and AI.

The Grineer represent vainglory the usage of Cloning/genetic manipulation to achieve youth and eternal life.  

The Infested represent  Gluttony an all-consuming hunger to devour all in its path, it also can represent the wrath though the usage of warfare using a parasitic virus.

The Sentient represent pride the desire to spread there empire and influence beyond the origin system.

I would also even considered the warframes and tenno to be the judgment and execution for the orokin empire only to turn on the Orikin to judge their hypocrisy. They may have even been awaken to purge/balence the system of the rot that the Orokin empire left in the wake of it’s demise. I also seem to notice that these themes to be backed up by a lot of the recent prime warframe trailers. Most notably Oberon Prime (greed), Banshee Prime (Wrath), Vauban Prime (Lust). In addition i hear usage of words like Sin, Judgement, proverbs, cleanse, laws.

Edited by GanknShank
removed bold.

3 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

1) Nice theory.

2) Why is it all bold?

18 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

The bold makes it very hard to read using the dark forum theme.

Just use normal text like everyone else.

It makes it more cinematic and epic, good job OP.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)Relentless K0NG said:

Often times, the use of religious themes can help understand a story as rich as this one. Might the Tenno then be, the Angels of Death?

certainly, an interesting concept one that we hopefully learn more soon 

3 hours ago, 7thCreed said:

Not really fitting to label warframes like that. They're more recognized as symbols on their own right. Excalibur is Valor. Valkyr is Rage. Loki is Cunning.

I was just simply drawing connections to the prime teaser trailers and some of the VO matching a lot of the themes that I specified.

36 minutes ago, 7thCreed said:

I think you misunderstood those trailers.

How do you figure, I believe that they are open for interpretation. I never once said that this is 100% the gospel truth I was simply stating a theory and some of the themes I noticed. you may not see it the same way but that does not make anyone any more wrong or right.

Edited by GanknShank

22 minutes ago, GanknShank said:

How do you figure, I believe that they are open for interpretation. I never once said that this is 100% the gospel truth I was simply stating a theory and some of the themes I noticed. you may not see it the same way but that does not make anyone any more or less wrong.

In my interpretation, the creation of the warframes were borne of regret, atonement, and retribution.

1 minute ago, 7thCreed said:

In my interpretation, the creation of the warframes were borne of regret, atonement, and retribution.

I can see that. 

in my original statement,

I would also even considered the warframes and tenno to be the judgment and execution for the orokin empire only to turn on the Orikin to judge their hypocrisy. They may have even been awaken to purge/balence the system of the rot that the Orokin empire left in the wake of it’s demise. I also seem to notice that these themes to be backed up by a lot of the recent prime warframe trailers. Most notably Oberon Prime (greed), Banshee Prime (Wrath), Vauban Prime (Lust). In addition i hear usage of words like Sin, Judgement, proverbs, cleanse, laws.

I was stating more of the view that the Orokin saw the tenno more as tools. furthermore, the "atonement, and retribution " you mentioned could support what I said about they could have been awakened to cleanse/purge/balance the origin system. at least that is one of my theories.  

16 hours ago, Crowshrink said:

It makes it more cinematic and epic, good job OP.

Ah yes, i was squinting my eyes the whole time reading. No, not because it feels intense, just a dark theme user here.

All in all, i find theories connected to the 7 deadly sins to be generic at best. It is way too overused in like, books, games, movies, series, plays, you name it. Good theory nonetheless, but still

3 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Ah yes, i was squinting my eyes the whole time reading. No, not because it feels intense, just a dark theme user here.

All in all, i find theories connected to the 7 deadly sins to be generic at best. It is way too overused in like, books, games, movies, series, plays, you name it. Good theory nonetheless, but still

the concept overall could be considered cliche as you stated it is used a lot or even perhaps overused in stories.

The Tenno/Warframes borne of "regret and retribution" kind of fits what I was aiming at with "angels of death." In that and mind you I am a total noob to the lore of Warframe, but it seems that the "perfect utopian" world/ galaxy gone bad required a "cleanup crew" and the way the Orokin sound, they come across as arrogant to the extreme with a very low view of anything not Orokin. Creating gene-spliced, genetic clones for menial labor and lower tier thinking smacks of arrogance. the "Gold-Kin/ Family" even sought to exterminate the Children of the 10-zero because they didn't fit into their Grand Designs...now those Children are striking back with a vengeance.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Relentless K0NG said:

The Tenno/Warframes borne of "regret and retribution" kind of fits what I was aiming at with "angels of death." In that and mind you I am a total noob to the lore of Warframe, but it seems that the "perfect utopian" world/ galaxy gone bad required a "cleanup crew" and the way the Orokin sound, they come across as arrogant to the extreme with a very low view of anything not Orokin. Creating gene-spliced, genetic clones for menial labor and lower tier thinking smacks of arrogance. the "Gold-Kin/ Family" even sought to exterminate the Children of the 10-zero because they didn't fit into their Grand Designs...now those Children are striking back with a vengeance.

yeah, I am still a little unsure if they truly were so against all of it because in some cases they seem to be ones pushing for it. maybe perhaps the rejections are the failures that do not meet their standards, cast aside as abominations but when it is successful/to there liking they change there tune. this would further add to the concept of hypocrisy.

Edited by GanknShank

What about the Orokin elites? They kidnap ideal bodies each with lives and personalities only to kill them for the process of continuity.

While this kinda represents real life practices; where people with enough resources and faulty bodies, due to reason or another, purchases "harvested" organs from the black market to prolong their lives, what kind of sin would you label that? The sin of survival? 

I just want to say I don't support such shady practices irl and I'm not trying to be edgy but I do believe that with enough desperation each and everyone of us are capable of beyond sinful acts.