Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sugestion To Stop The Game From Being A Mad Dash To The Finish Line

Izeck

Loot chests.

Loot chests that can only be opened by 2 or more people (or one player on solo mode). Just like team doors, but with up to four panels instead of two. The more people who activate the panels on the chest the higher the chance to receive a rare reward.

Not only will this encourage players to play in co-op mode, but it will also encourage exploration and teamwork.

Speaking of co-op mode.

I find it frustrating to be waiting for players and as soon as one person joins the countdown start and mission launches. How about making the "Waiting for players" into a lobby? Where the host can choose to "Start mission now" or wait for more players. The client players can click they blue button to signify that they are ready, once all players are ready the countdown starts as usual.

oh, i actually love the idea of the more people you have near a chest the better chance of good loot, sounds pretty cool honestly, though instead of a per person thing id prefer a % of the party that way a 3 person and lower group wont just get screwed with drops unless they get a full group

I think a general buff to lockers/containers is in order. Currently your more likely to get a rare mod or resource by shooting your way through the endless waves of grunts than opening the 10-15 openable lockers that spawn throughout the entire map. Considering the locker to enemy ratio, you should have a greater chance at rare loot from lockers instead of ammo and nano spores if your lucky. I'm sure the majority would still rush the levels anyway, but it at least give explorers more incentive to actually go out of their way and not waste their time.

Anyway +1, it might not be the ultimate solution, but it would still help and add more reason to explore than getting a few extra common items.

I'm thinking if anything, decreasing the amount of damage mobs do but increasing their general accuracy resulting in more gunfights and less rushing?

Maybe something along those lines, where it doesn't feel like you're being forced to sit around by loot chests waiting for people to show up. We don't really need more mechanics similar to the door bypass where you need 2 Warframes to bypass the door, but I think there needs to be a general feel to the game where you have to at least play more tactfully than bumrushing everything.

Edited by Raiyushi

loot chests and ignore the enemies around you.. isn't it kinda the same thing as now?

Not really, because players would be forced to actually explore (Which includes backtracking through areas filled with enemies) the levels to find the chest instead of just run to the finish and not look back.

Not really, because players would be forced to actually explore (Which includes backtracking through areas filled with enemies) the levels to find the chest instead of just run to the finish and not look back.

That's the beautifull part.. but most of these threads are made because.. "I want to kill that mob but my teammate isn't helping me"

it's about mobs that get ignored and left behind not about exploring because they could explore by themselves but clearing rooms is harder

That's the beautifull part.. but most of these threads are made because.. "I want to kill that mob but my teammate isn't helping me"

it's about mobs that get ignored and left behind not about exploring because they could explore by themselves but clearing rooms is harder

My problem with the community is that it seems like 9/10 of the players just rush to the finish and don't even explore the levels because there is little incentive to do so. If players have an incentive to explore, DE could even make levels more of a sandbox and less of a, what feels like, an on rails level with a handful of odd rooms here and there.

Can you imagine how kool it would be if we actually had to use the Tenno's acrobatics and agility to explore? How about that grappling hook they showed in live stream 9? They could make levels more vertical (As hinted they will with recent additions).

Edited by Izeck