Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculous Nightmare Mode Conditions

SirNerdsAlot5

So clearly we have been ninja-patched, which btw DE.....BAD! You're better than ninja-patching. Anyway....

There is a condition set that makes you rapidly lose energy AND have 0 shields at the same time. That is 100% defeat unless you bring a fully modded Rhino, or Frost. DE what you've done is take away both our offense and defense all at once, leaving us with just guns, which can't do much on their own. Here are some suggestions to make this better:

1. Decrease the speed at which energy drains by at least 25%

2. Instead of no shields, just apply the half shields condition of the ice maps.

I like the current Nightmare conditions, though I think health vampire should still be able to kill.

leaving us with just guns, which can't do much on their own.

I think you need to bring better guns.

There is a condition set that makes you rapidly lose energy AND have 0 shields at the same time. That is 100% defeat unless you bring a fully modded Rhino, or Frost.

It's certainly a challenge, but guaranteed defeat it is not. You just have to be very careful about taking damage.

Got no shields, health and energy drain in the same run. I just needed no map to get it perfect.

Health vampire makes it easy as you can just kill stuff to heal.

I throw Steel Fiber and Rage on just in case I run into such a combination.

Edited by Saenol

no map, exterminate mission, screwed if you aren't a banshee or don't use radar

You can actually do these missions the old fashioned, search and destroy, way.

I swear people have become so spoiled by their mini-maps and radars it's a wonder they don't get lost and die of exposure every time they go outside to get the mail.

Edited by Saenol

I'm ok with the dificulty... even tho... I totally adore the no shield mode. Makes you think twice before going into combat.

I've played on a No Enerty, No Shield Nighmare mode on a defence. That was something awesome :) Actually we managed to win it :)

But.. it leaves me with this thing. Better rewards please. I can get the same bloody mod despite of the level dificulty and that makes me not play this any more =/

I'm fine with Nightmare mode's additional difficulty except for something that my friends and I just ran into today. It was a sabotage mission with no mini map, no shields, and low grav. It was a really fun, lots of exp, loot, ect. Except for when we finally found and destroyed the reactor we had an invisible timer set for the ship to explode. So we had no way to find extraction and no way of knowing exactly how much time we had, we lost cause we ran out of time scrambling around.

Got no shields, health and energy drain in the same run. I just needed no map to get it perfect.

That's what we had. We also had Stalker spawn on us and kill everyone since we all had less than 5 HP... No shields, and no power...

Friggin ridiculous. I simply won't play any game where I get the vampire and no shields mod together. My quit count has increased quite a bit since these extra nightmare modes were introduced into the game.

No minimap is also utterly ridiculous in a game with randomly generated maps.

What DE SHOULD do is rank all these nightmare mods into Tiers, and only allow each Nightmare mission to have 1 mod from each Tier. 

Rank Vampire and No shield together (so they won't ever apply together)

Rank No minimap and Power drain together (so those won't appear together) - also make sure no minimap NEVER applies in a mission that has a timer (like sabotage).

Well, you get my point.

Edit: Ok, I can't spell. Fixed.

Edited by Lexinator

new difficulty is the most fun i had in warframe in a long time, BUT the rewards are meh. I still don't have blaze, but i have all of the other ones, so running a really hard map, sacrificing my time that i could be farming voids or xini, only to get another wildfire actually sucks the fun out of it in a way.

It would be nice if nightmare mode gave you tenno tokens or something. A pluto NiM would give you a greater yield than a venus NiM ofc. These tokens could be used to get these mods, or maybe you don't spend them, you just increase your NiM lvl and then unlock the mods. This way you could atleast know youll get blaze eventually...

There's even a video that explains the fundamental differences between a Challenging and Punishing experience.

Where's the video that shows the fundamental differences between my opinion and your opinion?

You can actually do these missions the old fashioned, search and destroy, way.

I swear people have become so spoiled by their mini-maps and radars it's a wonder they don't get lost and die of exposure every time they go outside to get the mail.

Good. Now make your office relocate every day. And don't use the GPS.

Where's the video that shows the fundamental differences between my opinion and your opinion?

The video is on the topic I mentioned, but I guess there is no problem providing a direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVNkuCELpU

But, yeah... OPINIONS.

If you actually find the current Nightmare mode a fair and rewarding challenge (and you're not just blindly acclaiming the new modifiers for some unconditional love you have towards DE), than the only thing I can say is that your standards for what is a "Good Challenge" are terribly bad and you've been playing way too many games with cheap difficulty...

But, hey, maybe you're just a masochist. If that's the case, give IWBTG a try. ;) 

Edited by Vipus

No minimap, no objectives, no energy (drain), no shields - I knew it was a bad day when I went for Io NM defense. I'm glad they let me have my ammo packs. I played it like when I started out with Loki in Warframe - camping a crate.

Managed solo, failed in a team - this needs to be looked at badly.

If you get unreasonable conditions, just abort/restart.

No shields + No energy = Lol loki go home you're drunk.

But if you knew that it was a no shields + no energy you would take another warframe (like rhino or frost with high health, armor, rejuvenation aura, marthon, rush and fast recovery) and maybe shade as a sentinel.

People wanted hard mode.

We got hard mode.

People complain that hard mode is hard.

Logic?

There is hard and then there is pointless.

Do explain how Nova, Vauban, Trinity or Mag is supposed to survive a corpus level 70 DEFENSE with NO shields and NO energy and vampire mode.

There are dumb posts.

People read dumb posts.

People complain that dumb posts are dumb.

Logic.

Edited by -Kittens-

New nightmare mode is awesome, but you have to prepare !

The problem isn't that it's hard, it's that you can't prepare properly before entering it : we should know what will be the drawbacks BEFORE entering mission.

This, basically.

No shields and no energy?

Good thing you picked Loki or Mag!

The only one I agree completely needs to go is No Minimap without on-HUD objective markers for timed missions. Outside of Exterm or infested whatever (since I'm fairly sure it's impossible to fail the timer on Infested due to their zerg rush giving you zounds of time refils), that almost definitely will cause you to fail unless you're Lucky- not Skilled.

Without the timer, make notes in chat on how far away from the fork you are, and which fork you took. It's a bit tedious, but can help you get back to where you went the wrong way, and get going on the right path.

There is hard and then there is pointless.

Do explain how Nova, Vauban, Trinity or Mag is supposed to survive a corpus level 70 DEFENSE with NO shields and NO energy and vampire mode.

There are dumb posts.

People read dumb posts.

People complain that dumb posts are dumb.

Logic.

Thats not the problem of the Nightmare mode, but the simple problem of balance and level scaling difficulty, that only increases mobs damage and effective health.

Other then that... if its too hard, dont play it.

Edited by eStecko