Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculous Nightmare Mode Conditions

SirNerdsAlot5

So clearly we have been ninja-patched, which btw DE.....BAD! You're better than ninja-patching. Anyway....

There is a condition set that makes you rapidly lose energy AND have 0 shields at the same time. That is 100% defeat unless you bring a fully modded Rhino, or Frost. DE what you've done is take away both our offense and defense all at once, leaving us with just guns, which can't do much on their own. Here are some suggestions to make this better:

1. Decrease the speed at which energy drains by at least 25%

2. Instead of no shields, just apply the half shields condition of the ice maps.

wait... our guns don't kill people?

i think you are very mistaken... play without abilities for a while... its possible. then maybe you wouldn't suck so much at nightmare mode. I mean the HORROR.. a third person SHOOTER expecting you to aim and shoot... it really is too much to ask.

wait... our guns don't kill people?

i think you are very mistaken... play without abilities for a while... its possible. then maybe you wouldn't suck so much at nightmare mode. I mean the HORROR.. a third person SHOOTER expecting you to aim and shoot... it really is too much to ask.

So wait I suck because a nuke frame without shields drops like meteor and my weapons can't kill everything at once?

Just want to point out that those numbers are still borked. At least the "damage" one.

Nukes don't register as damage dealt.  When I play CC loki, Sniping paris shots into ancients and using a fraggor to knock everything down and freeze it, I get crazy high damage numbers, but other frames that finish off the mobs or use their ulti's to clear waves wind up with most of the kills.  One particular defense had an ember team burning everything to ash before I could ADS, but I got most damage dealt because the occasional high-damage arrow into a target counts as actual damage rather than just insta-killing mobs.

People wanted something hard. They got it. Then they complained about how easy that 'hard' was. They got hard. Now they complain how hard it is. It never ends and its never meant to be. Its good people are giving feedback so hopefully DE can find that fine line between those hardcore 1% and the rest of us. 

I'm angry about the new hardcore mode because the effects are random.
I played hardcore and what? I haven't only the minimap in the hud :/. Another time I just had a low gravity. what the hell?
for me no minimap, low gravity, time is just sh*t and the health drop -_- (what is a point of Health drop if we make damage to the enemies and health come back, the poison of Infested have no sense.

There should be 2-4 random REAL HARDCORE EFFECTS!!!
-No shield
-double damage
-enemies have 2x more Health and Shields
-Energy Drain
-2x more enemies
-double bosses XD (wtf)
-the enemies have crio ammo (oh god xD)
-enemies move 2x faster
-all enemies have random warframe skills (no ultimates 4th skills, holly crap this will be hardcore and make gameplay more interesting : O)
-all enemies are invisible (visible only when they shot or melee attack)
-Stalker appear every 2 minutes (no Blueprint drops from him if this effect is on)
-No primary gun weapon
-No secondary gun/guns weapon
-No melee weapon (ammunition for guns will regenerate)

Edited by IfritKajiTora

-enemies have 2x more Health and Shields

You already have that with enemies in Nightmare Mode being a higher level than normal.

"Smarter" AI (or another's faction AI) would be nicer and add some flavour, instead of just having to pump more bullets into your enemies.

-Stalker appear every 2 minutes (no Blueprint drops from him if this effect is on)

That would be a bit too much, don't you think? And if you outrun him, at some point you'd have a ship full of stalkers - which kinda breaks with the Lore, as there seems to be only one of him.

- Corpus: All Shockwave Moas replaced by Hyenas (well, at least on the large indoor and outdoor tiles). That would be an interesting one

You already have that with enemies in Nightmare Mode being a higher level than normal.

"Smarter" AI (or another's faction AI) would be nicer and add some flavour, instead of just having to pump more bullets into your enemies.

That would be a bit too much, don't you think? And if you outrun him, at some point you'd have a ship full of stalkers - which kinda breaks with the Lore, as there seems to be only one of him.

- Corpus: All Shockwave Moas replaced by Hyenas (well, at least on the large indoor and outdoor tiles). That would be an interesting one

You mad bro? One Hyena takes enough time, more than one? That's not Nightmare, it's close to impossible

I just noticed on the HARDCORE that there is double damage, didn't noticed 2x more health to enemies.

another stalker won't appear until that first is killed, god damn -_-.

You mad bro? One Hyena takes enough time, more than one? That's not Nightmare, it's close to impossible

Hyena is pretty easy to beat and no big threat, compared to, say, Jackal or Raptor. A bit bullet-spongy, but all other NIghtmare-enemies are too. And I said "large tiles" for a reason - so you can run past her, if you don't want to fight (other than, say, in a small corridor). It would also fit Lore-wise, as Lotus tells us that they "hunt in packs". So far, we've only seen them alone. Might be interesting to run into a small squad (3-5) of them.

I just noticed on the HARDCORE that there is double damage, didn't noticed 2x more health to enemies.

Well, yes, the length of their health-bar stays the same. But with higher level, the enemies also get more health, shields and armor. With my current Latron Prime build, I can one-shot low-level Grineer. In Nightmare-Mode, they take five shots and more (depending on crits).

Edited by Bibliothekar