Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion on Beginners, and how they make the community a great place.

(XBOX)weedyodaa

9 minutes ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

Love how you use "noob"(a crap player) instead of "newbie" (new player).

The term "Noob" means "a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity." (Thanks, Google.)

It's not that they're crappy, they just lacks the experience of other people who qualify as a.. Well, "Pro," I guess you can say. Why I restain myself from saying Pro is because.. Well, c'mon, it's Warframe. You can have the worst aim EVER but still get decent kills. 

But I don't really call them out for being noobs. I just think that being new and being considered a noob can go hand to hand for people who have no idea what they're doing. 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

The term "Noob" means "a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity." (Thanks, Google.)

It's not that they're crappy, they just lacks the experience of other people who qualify as a.. Well, "Pro," I guess you can say. Why I restain myself from saying Pro is because.. Well, c'mon, it's Warframe. You can have the worst aim EVER but still get decent kills. 

But I don't really call them out for being noobs. I just think that being new and being considered a noob can go hand to hand for people who have no idea what they're doing. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Noob

"Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed. "

30 minutes ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Noob

"Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed. "

Ah, urban dictionary, I see.

To chime in, I do have a friend who recently began playing warframe, and I've been helping him along by giving him free mods and selling him prime parts at 50% discount (well, he does have more plat than me ... like a lot more, so in a way he's helping me too.). I even taught him about trading and Warframe Nexus to check on prices, to say the least. We rarely actually play in the same squad since he's not terrible to the extent he cannot solo missions without my help, but if he needs my help I'm more than glad to help him. Of course, I may be a little biased here because well, he is my friend. However, yes, he's willing to learn instead of expecting me to spoonfeed him.

My other bunch of friends aren't really veterans, but they are good enough in the game to not need my help other than occasional pointers. Even higher MR players do need help sometimes, because powergrinding on Draco (old days)/Hydron is never a good way to gain game experience.

I mean, I would help even higher MR players who needed help because they just formaed their frame and really lack the ability to absorb damage or use frame powers since they are using unranked frames at high level missions (yes, Hydron...). I don't mind reviving them so long as they actually try to play the game and not act like some silly AFKer who stands there and does nothing, not even shoot or use what powers they have.

Now, I normally don't mind the MR1s - 5s in a mission even if I bring a decidedly non META gun that cannot carry the game, especially if I am playing a low tier mission like Earth, but there are some kinds of players (in general) that can be really toxic at times:

• The sort that will rant at you for not reviving them even when they are surrounded and you are not Limbo/do not have a Tonkor in your hands. It leaves a really bitter taste in the mouth.
  • The kind who will rant at you for not carrying them despite your High MR and decidedly META gear. This kind is rare, thankfully, but there are AFKers who really don't want to work a muscle.
  • Players of any MR who decide immediately to extract in an Excavation when one excavator blows up or they get downed even once. I mean, I don't mind revving you but seriously?
  • Players (of any MR) who rant at you when you die due to them hosting the game on their Toaster. I've died to stray shots randomly due to this, and it's very annoying when they chalk all the blame on you when enemies literally teleport across the map. Thankfully 95% of them, vet or new, will try to rev me so I don't see this often.
  • New Players who do not understand frame abilities, or stubbornly refuse to play around them. As a limbo player (sometimes), I get a lot of hate from people even with my minimum range build so they can fight outside the cataclysm. Sometimes, not so new players even, like that Octavia who rushed a vault in spy sortie to hack it just before I did, costing the stealth bonus and dying when I could have done it. 

A lot of these players, sadly, are not that long in the game. This toxic minority is quite bad to the image of their much more moderate and likable peers. I've personally never berated anyone in game and keep quiet all the time, unless someone cares to ask me a question.

33 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

To chime in, I do have a friend who recently began playing warframe, and I've been helping him along by giving him free mods and selling him prime parts at 50% discount (well, he does have more plat than me ... like a lot more, so in a way he's helping me too.). I even taught him about trading and Warframe Nexus to check on prices, to say the least. We rarely actually play in the same squad since he's not terrible to the extent he cannot solo missions without my help, but if he needs my help I'm more than glad to help him. Of course, I may be a little biased here because well, he is my friend. However, yes, he's willing to learn instead of expecting me to spoonfeed him.

My other bunch of friends aren't really veterans, but they are good enough in the game to not need my help other than occasional pointers. Even higher MR players do need help sometimes, because powergrinding on Draco (old days)/Hydron is never a good way to gain game experience.

I mean, I would help even higher MR players who needed help because they just formaed their frame and really lack the ability to absorb damage or use frame powers since they are using unranked frames at high level missions (yes, Hydron...). I don't mind reviving them so long as they actually try to play the game and not act like some silly AFKer who stands there and does nothing, not even shoot or use what powers they have.

Now, I normally don't mind the MR1s - 5s in a mission even if I bring a decidedly non META gun that cannot carry the game, especially if I am playing a low tier mission like Earth, but there are some kinds of players (in general) that can be really toxic at times:

• The sort that will rant at you for not reviving them even when they are surrounded and you are not Limbo/do not have a Tonkor in your hands. It leaves a really bitter taste in the mouth.
  • The kind who will rant at you for not carrying them despite your High MR and decidedly META gear. This kind is rare, thankfully, but there are AFKers who really don't want to work a muscle.
  • Players of any MR who decide immediately to extract in an Excavation when one excavator blows up or they get downed even once. I mean, I don't mind revving you but seriously?
  • Players (of any MR) who rant at you when you die due to them hosting the game on their Toaster. I've died to stray shots randomly due to this, and it's very annoying when they chalk all the blame on you when enemies literally teleport across the map. Thankfully 95% of them, vet or new, will try to rev me so I don't see this often.
  • New Players who do not understand frame abilities, or stubbornly refuse to play around them. As a limbo player (sometimes), I get a lot of hate from people even with my minimum range build so they can fight outside the cataclysm. Sometimes, not so new players even, like that Octavia who rushed a vault in spy sortie to hack it just before I did, costing the stealth bonus and dying when I could have done it. 

A lot of these players, sadly, are not that long in the game. This toxic minority is quite bad to the image of their much more moderate and likable peers. I've personally never berated anyone in game and keep quiet all the time, unless someone cares to ask me a question.

Fortunately, the friends that I had that were new were willing to actually go out and earn things for themselves, but I did have to help one of my friends deal with Lich Kril. But he decided to go on and start doing things by himself after he got his Frost. Along for those kinds of people, I completely agree with you. I don't usually run into people because I solo almost everything by myself unless it's really high missions. Like Akkad, or Hydron for example, it actually benefits having others near you so you can benefit from other peoples' kills while you make them yourself. :)

As for the people who get mad at others just for a small, little mistake that isn't even much of their fault is just.. Ugh. It's stupid. And what makes it even worse is the veterans who do it. You'd actually expect them to be chill about it since they usually have really good gear.. Most of the time. But unfortunately, that's not the case, there is those occasional toxic players that ruin the fun experience by getting mad at others just for petty mistakes, but keep in mind, that doesn't make Warframe toxic.

Warframe is not a toxic game. One could even say it would hard to be toxic on it, because it's a PVE game. But for the people who consider it toxic, we can't control that. It's the people who make it that way.

Edited by (XB1)Mythical Warden