Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Priorities For Alerts - Duration

Casardis

I'm happy with how the alerts' RNG work now, especially at the frequency of rewards poping up. However, I'm wondering about how it "prioritize" things.

For example, I've seen some credits-only alert giving about 3000 credits lasting over an hour, while an alert for Ember's new Backdraft helmet was a high level 15-waves Grineer Defense (back when high level Elites could OHKO even the tankiest), with only a ~35min duration.

I thought that only the rare rewards will get over an hour (or at least twice the amount of time), so why was a credit-only mission lasting longer than the alert for Ember's new helmet (not to mention I haven't seen it pop back up ever since, unless it was during my sleeping schedule)? Did the RNG mess up a bit there?

Thankfully for the most part, all helmet alerts that came after had a minimum of 42min duration.

Edited by Casardis

Veles (Sedna): Hold Out For Reinforcements - 62m - 2300cr

Naeglar (Eris): Clear Resistance - 41m - 3100cr - Ash Helmet (Blueprint)

?!?!?!?

First is a defense mission, needs longer in case of failure, a better example would be 2 of the same kind of alerts.

Hm yeah, that makes sense in this case. Still, I feel that it's simply RNG at work again since the example I gave in my first post (Ember helmet) was a Defense, yet it was less than 40 minutes.

So I already have an example, though it was from a little while back, which means if they did alter something on the alert RNG again, I don't know what it is.

EDIT: Just verified. The Backdraft Ember Helm alert was exactly 40 minutes, on Ceres (one of the highest level planets). However, that was 11 days ago, which means before a bunch of hotfixes, so there may have been some changes.

Edited by Casardis