The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Multishot

TeddyBear

I agree that they need a buff, they are good but not viable as a main on higher levels (I used to run Scindo Rhino with melee on left click for about 60 hours, trust me on this). On lower levels they do fine on their own with little to no guns but they are simply not viable later on, and even when they were viable guns are almost always better but multishot makes no sense and I don't like it at all. It's like asking for rush mods on weapons to make then faster.

Edited by Dovahjim

Maybe something like a crit stacking mod?

When you kill an enemy whit a critical hit there is a short time where your crit-chance is increased to 100% So every time you kill an enemy whit a critical hit your sword glows red indicating the boost. you then have 2-3 sec to hit another enemy with an automatic critcal hit.

Mod has 3 or 5 levels, each lvl increases the chaining after kills.

0: +10% crit damage and 100% crit chance after killing an enemy with a critical strike. Can chain 1 time. (kill one enemy, if the next strike, the auto crit one, kills an enemy the auto crit will be reset to base critchance of weapon) 6 energy
1: +30% crit dam and 100% chance...chains 2 times 7 energy

2: +50% crit dam and 100% chance...chains 3 times 8 energy

3: +70% crit dam and 100% chance...chains 4 times 9 energy

4: +90% crit dam and 100% chance...chains 5 times 10 energy

5: +110% crit dam and 100% chance...chains 6 times 11energy

(110% + 90% from Organ Shatter = 200%)

the point being that once you crit you could go on a killing spree smacking down people left and right.

Edit: The crit kill "trigger" is just a suggestion, might be very situational. However when you crit there is a rather large chance that you kill the target. Would probably need some activation sound aswell.

Edited by Lactamid

But my heats are doing easy 2.6k crits as is, and that's without even formaing them to fit more mods D: Imagine something with the 200 base charge damage.. how's that not on par ._.

Talking about all swords here, like the Pangolin which is utter trash

I thought the Dual X weapons were the melee multishot.  And if anything what melee needs is less anti-melee in this game.  Between Toxics, exploding runners, roller balls and aoe knockdowns all in abundance its best to just stick to your guns.

I'd rather have a mod that would siphon either energy or shields and use them for bonus damage. The tradeoff is that the higher the mod level, the more energy it siphons and stacks more damage per hit.

It might start at 1 energy/5 shields per hit and it would go up to 5 energy/ 20 shields per hit. It would double-triple damage at about mid-range to make the cost worth it.

That would be a better mod in my opinion.