The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26Th - 29Th July Event Ending Shorty Thread Merger

Alohoe

I had fun and enjoyed the little bit of the event I got to play.

Had I not been needed for security at an all day event,I'd have gotten plenty of points (more than I got anyway)

I also had fun doing my job,and the money was definitely more important than a game I play...

I am not even a bit surprised the event ended early....Those ships never stood a chance,even some of the harder (or should have been) ones were too easily blown through like they were paper... level 32+ ships that I found easy? That's funny,but not a complaint.

I got a lot of drops, I got to solo some missions I didn't think I could,I found out how to play in a way that fits me AND lets me get things done....

This event helped me be a better player,and even improved the teamwork aspect in some of the PuGs I ran....not all of them but it was noticeble.

I only got a couple runs in (53 points) before going to sleep,to be rested for my all day long work day. (11 hours of standing up,babysitting drunks AND kids at an all ages show with 95 live bands). When I got home I was too tired to even grab a bite to eat....Today was my recovery day, eating,movies,a nap or two,so I can stay healthy. I have no regrets on either side.

I DO,however feel bad that some people got cut off from points because the event ended earlier than advertised,BUT at the same time,it was to be expected....You don't kill ships that fast and NOT see that coming...

I won't likely get the mods I want,but I got a LOT more out of this event than  DE expected, or even I expected.

No offense to anyone intended,but I'll take being needed by real people over being needed in a game anyday....

Too bad. The community finished the event early.

Not everyone gets to be a winner you know.

I didn't win last time, and I did't this this either.  It's the reality of life.  People need to learn to deal with it.  Also the whole "DE didn't provide us with all the info" spiel is bs, people are just mad they didn't get the reward and are using it as a crutch. 

Edited by Mega_Tyrant

In this case, because some people want Attention they have in the 6k+ range in points all by themselves, they want people to see their name and say something other then "no life" i suppose, however,  it's hard to call them helpful when helpful is 1-2k at most - thats clearly doing more then needed and helpful to the event, 3k+ is them needing that ego boost and sadly that ruins it for others who had the thing they didn't 

Edited by Masu.Buu

How about you stop getting mad at players for feeling upset at the early end.

DE failed to have enough foresight yet again. They should have mentioned there would only be 1 ship per planet, and that the event could end early. It is a complete community disaster to keep your players in the dark, and just leave giant holes like this open. It is ridiculous, and disappointing. That is why there are threads. People do care. Some don't, but obviously a lot do.

You can't have an event that says "x day --  z day" and have it end on Y and not expect people to be bothered by it. 

Uh...what? I figured this out the minute I saw the first three ships. Since when should DE be blamed for people lacking common sense and logic?

I have sympathy for people who couldn't get the time to do the event, but also, it's not really the end of the world, is it? You still got a substantial number of points, you got a few points and things were done. 

I mean, yeah, you missed 2 of the mods, but you still get 3. It sucks that you couldn't get more for whatever reason, but really. It's not that big of a deal that you need to make AN ALL CAPS POST complaining about it as if it's anyone else's problem, is it?

So i have until the end of the day right?

do you understand the word until? DE posted correctly what was going to happen until does not mean its going to be up that long thats how long we have to finish before it bites us in the @ss, if we finish early well thats great ^^

I just got home from work to find that all of the ships are destroyed and i only have 214 points. Can we get more so some of us who were busy all weekend can actually get further? Cuz atm i feel seriously jipped that i couldnt finish getting to at least 250.

I agree, I just got home from school to find out that all the ships have been destroyed and I have 229 points. But of course it won't happen.

In this case, sadly because some people want Attention they have in the 6k+ range in points all by themselves, they want people to see their name and say something other then "no life" i suppose which it's hard to call them helpful when helpful is 1-2k at most - thats clearly doing more then needed and helpful to the event, 3k+ is them needing that ego boost and sadly that ruins it for others who had the thing they didn't

So continuing past 250 for your clan is a bad thing? Being helpful is putting as much effort you feel comfortable doing, not a set ammount.

Uh...what? I figured this out the minute I saw the first three ships. Since when should DE be blamed for people lacking common sense and logic?

Every other event has ended at the time that was stipulated. It has never ended EARLY. That is why. 

People expect consistency, and warning if the status quo changes. It IS on DE to inform if that changes. If you're making your playerbase guess what what you're doing, you're doing it wrong.

You really need to go back to Elementary School.

and you need to learn some manners young man do you just come to the forums to be a jerk

ill go cry in the corner if that makes you happy

grow up yourself bro

Edited by kennylagenz

do you understand the word until? DE posted correctly what was going to happen until does not mean its going to be up that long thats how long we have to finish before it bites us in the @ss, if we finish early well thats great ^^

Some people never read forums

those people are the ones who QQ at the end

i like to use alot of spacing in my comments

you are reading this and wasting time

Yep

I have a Taco

and you neede to learn some manners young man do you just come to the forums to be a jerk

ill go cry in the corner if that makes you happy

grow up yourself bro

Oh I'm being realistic here, you're not. Just because people lacked basic reading skills they're now upset over the event ending.

News flash; the only persons here to blame are the ones who misread, not DE.

Edited by Reduxe

Oh I'm being realistic here, you're not. Just because people lacked basic reading skills they're now upset over the event ending.

News flash; the only persons here to blame are the ones who misread, not DE.

Every other event has ended at the time that was stipulated. It has never ended EARLY. That is why. 

People expect consistency, and warning if the status quo changes. It IS on DE to inform if that changes. If you're making your playerbase guess what what you're doing, you're doing it wrong.

The event did say it could end early. It IS on the forumers to read properly.

Fusion moa Event Ended early

you got denied

ya really its not suppoes to end until the 29th at noon ET so where are the ships DE?

and further more how are clans suppose to compete if there arent any more ships?

Although I do agree there should be a harmless ship for those with lives, the date was an ultimatum. You had to destroy the ships BEFORE the 29th, not until the 29th.

So what if they add another ship? What happens when we destroy that one and to the people who are again, short by just a few points? Add another ship? What happens after that one? No matter how you spin this, someone would not have finished.

"But the time limit." What about it? This is a social event, not a timed one. The time limit is entierly for the basis of failure, not your convenience.

You said it yourself, you have a life. You seem to place a great deal of stock into that as if it is reason enough to sway the decision of the game masters and give you what you want. But I think, because you have a life, your prioritys lie elsewhere. This game should therefore not matter enough for you to raise such a fuss. Otherwise you would have made time for it.

Edited by Lowsodium

There is no misreading.

Those of you pointing at the UNTIL and going 'LOLREADBROS' are being silly. Every event has been x until z. Thats just it. You have until Z. After Z, you don't get to do it. That is all that it means. That is all it has meant the other events which did not end until their respective Z's. Stop trying to assign more meaning to a sentence that is not specific at all in the sense of 'early ending'. It implies NOTHING about that.