Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Eviscerators

XCodes

For the first time probably ever since I started playing Warframe, I experienced some pretty severe frame drops during the event.  I was in the injector room with about 20 live grineer, a lot of them the new Eviscerators, and the room was absolutely packed full of those little sawblades.  Since most everything in the event is the same kind of stuff as what happens outside the event, I'm assuming the problem has something to do with the Grineer Eviscerator.  It makes sense, too, when you consider how fast a few Eviscerators can fill a room with flying sawblades, and how that increases the number of entities a CPU has to deal with

I'm not suggesting nerfing the Eviscerator, but something needs to be worked out like putting a spawn cap on either the Eviscerator or the saw blades, or maybe buffing the stats and making it a new heavy instead of an apparently replacement for the medium shotgunner (honestly, if you're paying attention the latter is more of a threat, anyway).

Lot of people have noticed some frame drops, myself included, but does not seem at all related to a particular enemy. Fact is, the reactor room is really pretty large and enemies were absolutely flooding the area. It also doesn't help if the ship is 'self destructing' (with firey things on the ground) because enemies are already numerous at the very beginning of the mission, multiplying exponentially all the way through.

Really? Get in a small room with 5 eviscerators, then again with 5 shot gunners. Then tell me which kills you faster.

Eviscerators for sure. Shotgunners have to go through your shields, at least, and they don't get that nasty ricochet.

The are really cool, but I do agree when you get to high level missions they are a bit much. The event became a bullet-hell game during the defense portions. Pretty fun/frustrating but not quite balanced.

Edit: Like others have said the number that spawned were the real issue not the unit it's self.

Edited by Malaheart

I'm just a bit disappointed that after Vor got his own character model, they gave it to a new mob as well, with little to no difference to Vor. Should give them more distinct skins, at the very least, so Vor stands out as more unique.

But yeah, it can happen that you get some framedrops when there's enough mobs around and then the blade start flying everywhere... :o

Edited by ScorpDK