The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem With Rank 2 Going For Nova

FrostMyFlakes

Alright I am having a problem with Rank 2 joining lobby's for Nova and making higher ranks do the work for them to get Nova. I know they do this for Nova because she is ridiculously overpowered but it impossible for most to any rank 2 player to do this especially since most of them have MK1-Braton, Lato, and Scana and they leech off other players to earn a warframe they did no work for. I am wondering if there will be level locked areas to stop this leeching and game skipping to acquire warframe they shouldnt have at such low levels. It bothers me and some others that they do all the work with no to zero help from these low level players while they get the rewards of not helping at all.

Um, public games, life's unfair, deal with it?

Seriously, if you are playing public games, that's just one of the chances you take. Not everybody trying to do a certain level of content is going to be geared for it, and of the ones geared for it some of them aren't going to be competent enough for it. These things happen.

Um, public games, life's unfair, deal with it?

Seriously, if you are playing public games, that's just one of the chances you take. Not everybody trying to do a certain level of content is going to be geared for it, and of the ones geared for it some of them aren't going to be competent enough for it. These things happen.

in short: deal with it.

Why not just leave and join a different squad if you see bunch of people sporting starting gears?

I do something similar when I join a defense mission and all i see are defense heroes or rank 2 in Pluto defenses

wow...

so social...i dont mind helping people....guess thats not that usual on the net?

well.... helping people that worth helping is nice.... but some people really only become burden. and not everyone always have mood (or time) to help people. so i understand what OP feels....

edit: actually since update 9.3 we will join people around 3 mastery rank from us when there's multiple host. i think it help a little for people like OP.

• Online matchmaking now favors hosts within 3 mastery ranks of player when joining a mission where multiple hosts are available.
Edited by agung.up

wow...

--img--

so social...i odnt mind helping people....guess thats not that usual on the net?

thats not helping...its unwillingly carrying dead weight to a reward/victory/prize.

however i really cant say anything, i still remember when i ran missions and hoped higher level people were there. So now when i see a low level i just do the best i can and move on.

However i can see where one might get annoyed by this. I have enough gear to carry a whole team, however not everyone is geared out, therefore needing supportive team mates. 

Edited by Ventias

The grammar is too much for me to comprehend. Is the OP saying that he doesn't liker newer/lower level players?

He's saying he doesn't like seeing low rank/new players in high level missions, specifically running the raptor boss. They can't survive against it, and can't actually help down it, so they're just trying to leech Nova BP drops off of the players who can handle the content and are carrying them. I believe his point was, if you can't survive in raptor missions and be helpful, you really don't have any right to have Nova.

I kind of agree with him, but again, it's just something you have to put up with in public games.

The grammar is too much for me to comprehend. Is the OP saying that he doesn't liker newer/lower level players?

Alright I am having a problem with Rank 2 players running raptor and making high rank players do the work for them to get Nova. I know why they do this, but it impossible for most rank 2 players to run this mission, especially since most of them have MK1-Braton, Lato, and Scana. So they tend to leech off other players to earn a warframe they did not work for. I am wondering if there will be level locked areas to stop this leeching, and game skipping, to acquire warframes they shouldnt acquire at such low levels. It bothers me and some others that we have to do all the work with  zero help from these low level players while they get the rewards while not helping at all.

i tried my best editing it ^^^

Edited by Ventias

Really? you dont have to be smart to even get what he is saying, guess you are lower then

In simple terms he is tired of aholes (what you for some reason call newer players, i call them leeches) joining high level missions to have the highest level player do all the work.

PS: You doing all the work for some low level player IS NOT HELPING THAT PLAYER, you are spoon feeding that player, and then they turn into the same idiots that screw high level missions because they never learn.

wow...

-Stupid picture-

so social...i odnt mind helping people....guess thats not that usual on the net?

Thats not helping bro, helping would be to give them advice and tell them what to do and not to do, and perhaps helping them clear their missions, not carrying them to super high level missions so they can selectively do certain missions, or doing all the work for them to get something. thats not helping, that is spoon feeding.

Can't say I really see a problem. I know they are working on a more advanced matchmaking system in the future releases that will include things like mastery ranks, but if you're running Public... get over it. Don't like carrying newbies? Get on the recruitment channel, run with friends, a clan, or start running solo. Either way, click that blue box in the top center of your menu that says 'Online' and change it to something else so you won't be bothered by the rampant influx of newbies you are apparently carrying through missions.

I have no problem with helping others or newer players its not what im saying im saying skipping game content WHICH the devs have talked about stopping such as rushing through games they created greneer that have hooks to pull you back, if you haven't noticed the npc close doors more often than before and also the knock down in infected have been increased also helping and doing all the work for a player is very different. I would love if they have places that get locked out to stop content skipping such as a low level player heading into an area they know they cant handle so others will do the work and this should be a "So deal with it" thing this should be a "how could we fix this" thing. I have helped people who deserve it and for the part of killing them and not reviving. Some do have others helping them skip to the boss and also are there to revive the player that shouldn't be there. Pretty much its a case of if you cant offer any help and have someone keep you alive then don't be there. 

Edited by FrostMyFlakes

Why not just leave and join a different squad if you see bunch of people sporting starting gears?

I do something similar when I join a defense mission and all i see are defense heroes or rank 2 in Pluto defenses

Then you know how annoying it feels to finaly get a lobby yet its full of people that cant help. I do find it difficult sometimes to

i tried my best editing it ^^^

Writing is not my cup of tea XD but hopefully people get the point.

wow...

OpoQQ.jpg

Difference between helping and doing the work for such as leeching, "spoon feeding". Helping requires players to do something in that level that is helpful such as doing allot of damage on the boss or keeping minor enemies away from others not be kept alive constantly so they can have something they haven't leveled up for.

Why are people still here lol? Just rush to the boss without killing anything and if they somehow made it, just bring the rockets to them.

If you don't remember in the mission of Raptor there are places in the middle of the field in which to hide or use as cover. Low levels go in there to hide until they hear the kill message and the minion enemies wont put the low levels on their priority shoot at list since there are others dealing more damage that get more attention from these minion enemies.

I don't see why having low level players in your group is a bad thing. I hate how pubs it's all about "Rush Rush Rush" and before people go "This guy is a noob" I am a rank 4 with 2 maxed out warframes going on my 3rd with a Dera and vasto, with other maxed out weapons so I do have plenty of experience.

Pub players just wanna rush the map, not explore, just do the objective and get out, doing only a few kills along the way. When you have a low rank in the group I think it helps slow the progression, get more kills, possibly getting more mods/mat drops. Increasing your ability to upgrade yourself, help your team, etc.

The problem here is that there is to many people that just wanna farm missions and rush and not actually take their time to explore. I found like 5 secret areas people in my clan didn't know about because they just mostly rush.

TL:DR I am not a noob and I think helping new players is a great way to slow down the mission a bit to help explore and get more items you may need.

I can't say I am not learning things but I feel like Rank 4 is past the point of "This guy doesn't have a clue of what he's doing" but before the 'This guy is a total badass" It's the mid rank. I know there is like rank 9 guys out there most likely. All I am saying is that I can pull my own weight. I only earn my warframes, I didn't buy them. Same with the weapons.

To e honest. It's more fun to me when you actually need to work to get something then just throwing some money at the screen to buy it.

Point is, help the new guy out. You may benefit from it in the long run.