Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Back right door in the ship

(PSN)AnthonyEiser

I was think it would be nice to have a place in the ship of where you could shot and slash clay targets and or hay bails .... none moving things and see how the weapon performs as of to weather you would like to use it or not so if you wont to increase fire speed on a weapon you could test it in the with out have to do damage to anything or see if the melee weapon now moves as fast as you like or if you enjoy that stance mode and so on and so forth... it wont be like stratas room where you can bring in enemys its just a room where you can pull out a weapon and use it but once you leave the room the weapons return to the way they were before you entered...

Edited by (PS4)AnthonyEiser

To address the title, I'd like that door to lead to stairs or an elevator.

As for on-ship, simulacrum, could look to having a new quest sequence and Orbiter module to allow access to such an area on ship as a reward, so proper gating would be an aspect here.

16 minutes ago, blueboy90780 said:

If that was implemented, it would destroy the purpose of a simulacrum and all players who had invested their points in it would be angry as well. Additionally, I think the right room would be reserved for the next big thing, just like how the left room opens after the war within. 

Its not another simulacrum its just a room of which you cant kill anything you can just trial weapons out ... if i wont to test weapons strenght i just go to a map i feel as tho i wasted points on the key for simulacrum

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 1:40 AM, blueboy90780 said:

If that was implemented, it would destroy the purpose of a simulacrum and all players who had invested their points in it would be angry as well. Additionally, I think the right room would be reserved for the next big thing, just like how the left room opens after the war within. 

Actually, i wouldn't mind at all.  In fact it irritates me that you seem to be satisfied with it the way it is now and think you can speak for the community, all you are doing is stifling creative thought.

How about this: 

in order to open the door you have to have first unlocked the simulacrum.  Then the room opens with damaged modules that you need get segments for.  There is a melee test machine, a single lane shooting range, and a direct access to the simulacrum.

E8Bbiv4.png

To expand on each:

Melee Holo: Segment bought after opening the room from Teshin either 250,000cr or 25,000 conclave standing.
Upon entering the chamber (Top Right) There are two terminals, one that opens the melee weapon arsenal only, and one that allows you to spawn one holographic enemy on the circle in the middle of the room.  On the far wall of the room there are two displays, one that reads out DPS and one that records the most recent damage on the enemy and the highest achieved with the current setup.  The enemy spawned looks holographic and is see through, it will not move or react in a any way, it will not attack.  Weapons are also of a holographic nature in this room and all weapons that are owned can be used, weapons that are not owned can be simulated by buying data packs from various sources (graph below) so that players can play with and try out weapons they do not have and see if they like them.  This room purely gives min-maxers the ability to test melee weapons and fine tune modding preferences.

Gun Range: Segment bought after opening the room from Darvo for 250,000cr.
Initially upon walking into the room, you can see a glass window to the right that displays the range.  The door is located around a corner and inside are two terminals.  One controls the guns available and the other controls the layout of the range.  The guns are simulated just as in the melee chamber and data packs can be bought for them as well.  The range control terminal allows you to create a simulated space (like in Suda's room) with varied range layouts and terrain that can be purchased and found as well.  It also allows for the spawning of enemies and the adjustment of their behavior.  You can have them stand still, pop up from behind cover, advance on your position, or act as they naturally would.  These enemies are holographic and even though they may appear to fire at you, these rounds are harmless.  Just as in the melee chamber there are two displays on the wall, one that displays the most recent damage and the highest damage, and one that displays the DPS.

The final location is direct access to the simulacrum, which works exactly as it does now...but its on your ship.  The segment is bought from Simaris for 125,000 standing and only after you have opened the room.

Data Packs:
Steel Meridian- Grineer weapons  (1,000cr each)
Perrin Sequence- Corpus weapons  (1,000cr each)
Arbiters of Hexus- Tenno weapons (1,000cr each)
Cephalon Suda- Cephalon Weapons (1,000cr each)
Red Veil- Wraith and Vandal weapons (10,000cr each)

Ranges:
New Loka- Earthen Jungles (100,000cr)
Konzu- Plains of Eidolon (100,000cr)
Rare Containers- Chance to drop current tileset range

To the OP, good ideas are crucial to keep this game healthy, it is not uncommon that a dev will read these.  Never let someone discourage you because they are intimidated by an idea.