Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon: Game bugs or intended design?

SirWranwrap

Hey; when using oberons 2-3 combo to buff armour it became quite obvious very quick that the armour will only buff on the VERY FIRST cast of the abilities.

If one of your team runs off they will not be buffed; and you cannon buff them without deactivating renewal. Now, this is stated by DE as a 'synergy' mechanic. Then why will it never buff again even if you want back over skill 2 with renewal still active? You performed the synergy requirements which many other frames have powerful skills without such a checkpoint existing.

You got hit by a nullifier? Rip you team; you're recasting on the spot and they will lose their armour. So is this just intentional bad design or a bug?

Second, oberons renewal will randomly stop healing anywhere after 5 minutes of use regardless of how active your play is. If this is an anti-afk mechanic then why does it not simply deactivate? It continues to drain energy and shows all buff icons the same as before. By the time you find out and actually take hp damage it WILL kill you; there will be no time to recast once the damage is already taken. I cant see this as being anything other than a serious bug. Might not have even noticed if phoenix renewal didn't have a 90 seconds dogmatic timer.

Just now, SirWranwrap said:

Second, oberons renewal will randomly stop healing anywhere after 5 minutes of use regardless of how active your play is. If this is an anti-afk mechanic then why does it not simply deactivate? It continues to drain energy and shows all buff icons the same as before. By the time you find out and actually take hp damage it WILL kill you; there will be no time to recast once the damage is already taken. I cant see this as being anything other than a serious bug. Might not have even noticed if phoenix renewal didn't have a 90 seconds dogmatic timer.

Can't say I've seen that happen to me. Being out on the plains doing high level bounties, I've had my renewal up almost all the time with rage giving me my energy. Might be a client side bug but can't say for sure.

Ive seen mention of it on the forums a couple times; and its not incredibly common; at least so far as I know since its best to not get your hp touched until you need energy back and have phoenix as a safeguard. But in a week of oberon ive seen it probably 3 times. And cant be client sided as it no longer heals team mates.

Just now, SirWranwrap said:

Ive seen mention of it on the forums a couple times; and its not incredibly common; at least so far as I know since its best to not get your hp touched until you need energy back and have phoenix as a safeguard. But in a week of oberon ive seen it probably 3 times. And cant be client sided as it no longer heals team mates.

That's not what client side means. It means being a client is the source of the problem.

1 hour ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

That's not what client side means. It means being a client is the source of the problem.

Yes actually; it is. Any error in my games client has to pass through the server to be synced and validated with the game information and then be sent to the other clients with whatever protocol they use. 

The server would see renewal at a true value and sync the value if it doesn't align before performing a send. 

The server can view the received input. The programming logic will most definitely be using a setter function to ensure valid data. Say:

renewalState == true && toggleOff == false { renewal = true;}

Thus eliminating client error anytime data passes the server.