Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ammo Mod Questions

Polarthief

So getting these mods and putting multiples in, I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer...

1. What's the effect of leveling these mods? Do they not auto-convert 1:1 at R0?

2. What happens if I have both a Primary and Pistol mod in simultaneous? Does it randomly pick one of my types, or give me both? Do they cancel out and not work at all?

3. Are they even worth it to use?

Edit: Thanks to agung.up down below, they tested 1 and 2. For quick access, here's their findings:

1. At rank 0, the converted ammo only give you +1 til +3 ammo per drop, so not 1:1. for maxed mod it gives you (close, maybe not exact) 1:1.

2. it gives randomly (at least this is from what i see)

And pretty much everyone says that if you need the ammo, they're worth using.

Edited by Polarthief

1. still don't know (and i already maxed the sniper one. sigh....)

2. still not try that

3. i try using it for snipetron. it's totally useful because at the same cost with ammo box at max rank (7 cost), ammo box add about 10+ ammo while this mod can use ANY ammo drop (so including rifle that usually drop).

I can only answer 3: IMO they are great if you only want to use your primary and neglect your secondary and vice-versa, cause it will make you never run out of ammo especially with low ammo weapons like the Paris.

See, but I rely on both (when I'm not leveling weapons) overall. When I'm using Ogris, it obviously isn't an issue since I have MORE than enough ammo (over 580 RPG shots? Seriously? XD), but when I use the Lanka, Flux Rifle, or other low-ammo/ammo-dependent primaries, I'd like to use it. Problem is, I use Depair/other Throwing Weapon, which is also very ammo-dependent (especially that damned Hikou)

Ok I finish testing all mod. this is the answer for your question:
1. At rank 0, the converted ammo only give you +1 til +3 ammo per drop, so not 1:1. for maxed mod it gives you (close, maybe not exact) 1:1.

3. already answered above.

Edited by agung.up

Ok I finish testing all mod. this is the answer for your question:

3. already answered above.

Alright, thanks much Agung. I'll go ahead and edit the OP with your info :)

See, but I rely on both (when I'm not leveling weapons) overall. When I'm using Ogris, it obviously isn't an issue since I have MORE than enough ammo (over 580 RPG shots? Seriously? XD), but when I use the Lanka, Flux Rifle, or other low-ammo/ammo-dependent primaries, I'd like to use it. Problem is, I use Depair/other Throwing Weapon, which is also very ammo-dependent (especially that damned Hikou)

that doesn't matter cause when your secondary weapon has full ammo that is when it replaces the ammo drops with something else but when a pistol ammo box drops and you don't have full ammo on your secondary then it won't change the ammo drop :)

The weapon you hold is the effect you get from ammo. So if you have a mutilator for both the primary or secondary, it will always mutate ammo for that weapon as long as the other has a full ammo pool.

If only one weapon has the mod and it is holstered, no ammo will be converted.

The ammo they gives at rank 0 are a lot lower than rank 3.

From what I have seen, at rank 3, you'll get 5 ammo converted from pistol ammo. And 10 from rifle, shotgun, or sniper, regardless of mod type you use.