The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Napalms need a nerf

LuinCeltchar

5 hours ago, (PS4)equalavor said:

I'm not sure what game you guys are playing, but personally the Tusk Napalm Bombards are one of the most satisfying enemies to fight in Warframe so far. Either get better weapons or do bounties you're more capable of.

We're talking about Tusk Napalms, not Tusk Mortar Bombards.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)equalavor said:

Yes, and so am I. The fact that they use an Ogris may as well make them a bombard. 

Except they're nothing like a Bombard. They spray Napalm that sits on the ground for too long and if you touch it you get a heat proc with way too high DoT and you will die if you didn't play a frame with invincibility. Do consoles even have Tusk Napalms yet? I don't recall seeing them before Plague Star, and it sounds like you just read the wiki on them and haven't actually encountered them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 8:58 AM, LuinCeltchar said:

Except they're nothing like a Bombard. They spray Napalm that sits on the ground for too long and if you touch it you get a heat proc with way too high DoT and you will die if you didn't play a frame with invincibility. Do consoles even have Tusk Napalms yet? I don't recall seeing them before Plague Star, and it sounds like you just read the wiki on them and haven't actually encountered them.

Yes, we've had tusk napalms, and they're exactly like Napalm bombards, but the Napalm stays out for a few seconds longer. I main excal. Don't try complaining that you need a frame with invincibility to not die from them. You need to learn how to mod correctly, it seems. 

The only thing that's killed me in the plains so far is a shield dargyn that I couldn't hit and the level 47 hemocyte that I had to solo. Nothing in this expansion offers a real challenge unless you don't understand the basic concept of taking down bigger enemy units first. You see a Napalm, shoot him and he won't kill you. Pretty easy problem to solve. 

On 18/11/2017 at 1:58 PM, LuinCeltchar said:

we got them with the PoE update before the plague star event

On 11/16/2017 at 9:25 PM, Madotsuki said:

Napalms in general need a nerf to their damage, if a single fireball hits your defense objective you're pretty much screwed, and if a single tick of the fire damage manages to ignite you there's also nothing you can do but die unless you have a healing frame.

Just wanna toss some info out there.

If you're capable of shifting to your operator, any warfarme is invincible as long as you're controlling your operator. 

Oh no, I'm (on fire, poisoned, slashed, etc)!! just switch to your operator and enter void mode for 5-8 seconds and the proc will drop off your WF and you loose nothing but time.

I don't have much of a problem with them. If I see that fireball on the floor, I simply stay away from it and start looking for the Napalm before things get troublesome. If you are hit by that fireball, you can also just drop a health or shield restore (those are a thing too).

Grineers don't spawn out of thin air, they come either from space or airships, and both have a very loud sound and visual cue. Once you see where they've spawned, it's just a matter of being prepared. It's just a matter of being aware, really.

Yeah, these enemies really don't need a nerf. There isn't anything in the plains that is overtuned. I mean have you tried moving around? why are you standing on the ground in the fire? you're a space ninja, be in the air, be running around, shoot things, use powers, mod yourself to be not squishy? There are so many many things you can do, crying for nerfs is not the call.