Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee Options?

TheRealTuna

Hi all,

I am wondering what you all are roling with for melee weapons. I have seen a lot of people using Scindos spec'd with either rate + melee damage mods or charge rate and charge damage mods. I have also seen a lot of people opt for Fragor with a similar set up, or heat sword with rate + damage mods.

Do you guys find charge attacks or regular melee attacks to be more effective? Regarding the Scindo in particular, as it is one I've seen go both ways, do you feel modding rate + damage or charge rate + charge damage is more effective?

Also, I am assuming people that mod rate + damage on Scindo also put some fire damage onto it to use as their Infested clearing wep. For Grineer, I assume people go with Fragor or Furax for the armor ignoring properties. For Corpus, though, do people just go with heat sword modded with electricity + rate + damage, or is there a weapon specifically potent against Corpus?

I use a rank 30 Heat Sword modded to bring it's charge damage up to par with many heavier weapons, currently it's charge damage is 216 thanks to 2 +49.1% Charge Damage mods. Charge speed is also ~1.66. Many people buff it's attack rate and melee damage as that's its natural strengths but at it's current rank, my finger can barely tap the melee key fast enough to utilise the speed.

i use rank 30 dual skana. a total of +298.8% melee damage mods on my warframe. +98.9% armour piercing mods on the weapon. +24.8% freeze +14.8% electricity +49.3 fire rate. freeze slows, electricity stuns. havent found a need for fire though.

i think its pretty badass. what i love about the dual skana is its speed and multi hit. currently trying out dual zoren, gotta say i find that i love it more.

i scroll the mouse wheel for melee though. so i wont have to constantly tap E.

about the charge or regular melee being more effective, guess it depends on the mods you have. i only got two +30% charge mods so i cant try charging out. and besides, loki has up to 13 mod slots. so i can afford to use a lot on damage mods and still have space for shields, etc.

Rank 30 Scindo with every single Heavy Charge fire rate mod I have. Works pretty good when I'm one-shotting Grineer Lancers on Ceres missions. On the other hand, I want the fire rate mods another guy had on his Scindo. He was wielding it like it was a Cronus, hacking left and right.

I use a rank 30 Heat Sword modded to bring it's charge damage up to par with many heavier weapons, currently it's charge damage is 216 thanks to 2 +49.1% Charge Damage mods. Charge speed is also ~1.66. Many people buff it's attack rate and melee damage as that's its natural strengths but at it's current rank, my finger can barely tap the melee key fast enough to utilise the speed.

That was crazy when I was playing with you. It was hard to keep up with my Rhino with you running ahead and taking all the kills.

That was crazy when I was playing with you. It was hard to keep up with my Rhino with you running ahead and taking all the kills.

Sorry 'bout that, but I was on my Ash with the +16.1% Sprint Speed mod, it's a damn fast warframe build, just wish it were faster.

@Umbranox: Why bother modding a heat sword for charge damage/rate? Why not use a plasma sword if the objective is high charge damage using a sword?

Well I have yet to find any Plasma Sword or the alternative Dark Sword blueprint, that and I like the speed factor of the Heat Sword, so when repetitive charge attacks aren't viable, such as in the case of Infested swarms, I can simply spam the basic melee attack.

Heat Sword can be that fast? Mine's max and I still had to stack 2 15% fire rate

Incase you never noticed each melee attack drains your stamina, so your attack rate is also limited by your stamina regeneration. My Ash has a +55.4% Stamina Regen mod so spamming my sword is of no consequence to me.

Never bothered stacking more rate than what was provided on my Heat sword, it's pretty dern fast with the few rate nodes built in. I've got a few Melee mods on the frame, and mostly melee damage and elemental mods on the sword because it's an Infestation blender. Also handily takes care of most Corpus in a few whacks with the electricity mods, but charge damage just isn't there for me to want to mod up.

I use my Trusty Furax, only speccing charge damage. It takes down rougly anything in one hit, charges just about as fast as the regular attacks. Also, if the target does not die on the first strike, you bet strike two will knock it out of the park.

Most of the melee weapons in this game are random drops from Alerts with '?' in the rewards section. If you go to the Alerts forum you can see when those sorts of alerts come up. Plasma sword just dropped earlier for instance.

Do you get it as a reward for completing the mission or does it have a chance to drop somewhere on the map?

Do you get it as a reward for completing the mission or does it have a chance to drop somewhere on the map?

As a reward. If you need any more information, look at this chart:

https://forums.warfr...ruary-3rd-2013/

Specified:

Alerts:

+ Dark Sword, Plasma Sword, Jaw Sword, Pangolin Sword, Heat Sword,

+ Heat Dagger, Ceramic Dagger, Dark Dagger

+ Random Warframe Blueprints

+ Orikin Catalyst and Reactor

+ Alternative Helmets

+ Orikin Artifact Cards

Edited by Labcat

anyone have any experience with the pangolin sword or dark dagger? i have both blueprints but no idea what kinda stats they have. ive seen them mentioned in drop lists but i havent seen anyone really talk about them at all?

Pangolin Sword is between Cronos and Heat Sword in terms of speed, every other stat is about the same. Daggers of all kinds at this point are somewhat useless, but they are expected to recieve an unknown buff in the forseeable future.

Well I have yet to find any Plasma Sword or the alternative Dark Sword blueprint, that and I like the speed factor of the Heat Sword, so when repetitive charge attacks aren't viable, such as in the case of Infested swarms, I can simply spam the basic melee attack.

apparently today there was Plasma bp....which i missed...fml...i too run heatsword but i threw fire rate armor pen crit chance mods on it.

apparently today there was Plasma bp....which i missed...fml...i too run heatsword but i threw fire rate armor pen crit chance mods on it.

Yeah, I just barely got that print today, have yet to build though as I'd prefer to wait around for a Dark Sword print as it suits me more aesthetically. And before anyone says that waiting for aesthetic reasons is stupid, the aesthetic side of Warframe is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.

add me n il show u mine =)

Did you put any fire rate mod? That answer will be enough. I stacked 2 20% fire rate, jsut removed one and noticed that it's still the same, fast as ever. Wondering if I could remove the other fire rate.

Edited by TwilightAsh

Did you put any fire rate mod? That answer will be enough. I stacked 2 20% fire rate, jsut removed one and noticed that it's still the same, fast as ever. Wondering if I could remove the other fire rate.

one 9.7% crit chance with 34% fire rate blue mod and 34.5% fire rate green mod. practically...i swing 3 hits in a second...

Yeah, I just barely got that print today, have yet to build though as I'd prefer to wait around for a Dark Sword print as it suits me more aesthetically. And before anyone says that waiting for aesthetic reasons is stupid, the aesthetic side of Warframe is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.

envyyy =( dark sword design wasnt as pleasing to me as Plasma..but thts all subjective hehe