Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Word On Trade.

PookieNumnums

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

Trade can make or break a game. There are a lot of risks when implementing player to player trade, especially if money is involved. In game gold, or paid for electronic game money doesn't matter. How do you allow players to attribute value to things in game, while maintaining a sable economy? You don't. Not everyone feels any one item is worth the same amount of credits, or platinum. Player to player trade that involves money has other hazards. The possibility of bot farmers, and 'gold sellers' becomes more probability than anything when players can buy and sell between themselves.

The best thing for Warframe is to keep player to player buying and selling out of the game.

This is why the implementation of the Galactic Mod Flea-Market is under way. The NPC prevents the gold bots from being interested. It also allows players without platinum to obtain it. I haven't played many MMO's but I would assume that there aren't many that let you craft almost everything in game that you could otherwise purchase, and on top of that these guys are going to allow players who cant get platinum due to no job or evil parents get platinum by an in game dynamic??? WOW. These guys are really taking care of us pretty well.

NOW FOR MY ULTIMATE MOVE

*charges power, commercial, finishes charging power*

Trading items between players can be done in ways that doesn't hurt whatever economy the game does have.

In the same way that we will (if they decide to do it) use the NPC Mod exchange, I believe we should be able to trade items directly between players using an NPC.

It could be very similar to Fed Ex or UPS or USPS... You can Send Items for a fee. No finished items, only resources and bp.  The fee could be relative to the item or amount of the item.  It takes time to get there like real delivery. Platinum for the rush as usual. You go there to receive items. Maybe you could pay a certain amount of credits to 'rent' a mailbox for whatever time bracket you choose. say 3days for 30000 credits? This way players could actually help their members farming. Perhaps we could purchase permanent mail boxes for platinum as well.

Another thing that I feel would enhance player experience regarding trade, is if we were able to purchase items with platinum for other players. I don't mean through steam either. Just an option in the market when you purchase items where you choose 'for me' or 'for : insert name here'.

Edited by T4LCOMX

I like that idea, but I feel paying credits is still a good idea with the option to rush with platinum.

I am closing in on 4m credits, I have a ton of stuff to sell, and I am just getting started.

This would provide another purpose for credits presenting a little more depth to the game.

Secure trading would be cool for this game with mods-mats-bps only if that an exchangeable stuff but if have price that and peoples can ask more-less then begin the hell when everyone will do that and then this game turn into a galactic marketplace. Maybe with this idea if you use an npc for trading whom ask a minor subscribe price or items can be changed to items only so you can only change items on that category. Maybe they need to categorize the mods-materials-bps for it. I mean for an example: 1 gallium not equal 50 ferrite or something like this. Or we can make an aiding system when you can give your stuff freely to peoples. Maybe if this two system implemented then have 2 choice to give / sell-buy stuffs.

Well, what I imagine from the small yet vague description of the mod exchange, is that it is like a pawn shop. I dont know that we will actually see an npc, but if not then I assume it would have to be another menu like foundry and market.

If they use a Non-Player Character, then I would imagine it would be similar to the dojo. Perhaps you use a key, it zooms you into a view like that of the dojo, showing the floating pawn shop or in this case the galactic post office. You click play now, then you load into the pawn shop/ post office. In the dojo there are terminals used to carry out various tasks. I would say, you could either have a 3d character model for the NPC and then press your action button to begin business, or if they wanted to shortcut it, they could just have a terminal that you access instead of the 3d model. The terminal would bring up the UI for the post office or pawn shop, and you get to see beautiful pictures of who your doing business with, and perhaps captions as well for the hearing impaired.

Edited by T4LCOMX