Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapons causes sprint toggle to be reset [Fixed]

Ashendal

Just adding my voice to the weight of this topic since I came to post this exact bug report. You wouldn't think something so simple could have such an effect on gameplay, but its' really killing my enjoyment for melee. Looking forward to a fix ASAP. Thanks DE. 

7 hours ago, systems2 said:

This bug is a masterpiece. Don't know how it is posibile to release a "hotfix" which breaks such a basic action.

As players reach to this point where they spam a forum with bugs found, i presume the DE doesn't have a test(QA) department. So players are free testers. Awesome...

because the game is still in beta like... forever?

This bug deserves more attention. Adding yet another action that turns of sprint toggle really dampens the enjoyment level of melee play.

Btw the title of the post says "fix pending" does that mean this issue has been recognized by DE? or are we running on hope at this point?

Edited by Single_Mom

22 hours ago, systems2 said:

This bug is a masterpiece. Don't know how it is posibile to release a "hotfix" which breaks such a basic action.

As players reach to this point where they spam a forum with bugs found, i presume the DE doesn't have a test(QA) department. So players are free testers. Awesome...

Don't be so quick to judge something so complex as game development is. You have no idea how difficult it is to fix even the simplest of things, even when your code is well organized. DE is a company of unbelievably hard-working people who dedicate all themselves to this game, as it is shown by the results. Be more positive, more humble, and less judgemental and assuming, and you'll live a better life for both yourself and those around you.

20 hours ago, modalmojo said:

It was not intended, I remember in a Dev stream they said they will look into this sprint toggle breaking problem (aiming, shooting, interacting, etc.).

Not sure now, because this problem has never been fixed for years despite numerous posts complaining this problem!

That's strange, I talked directly to Steve in one of his streams a few months ago about this and he said that it was a decision.

1 hour ago, Scourger said:

That's strange, I talked directly to Steve in one of his streams a few months ago about this and he said that it was a decision.

A decision now?

Did you ask him why every aiming/shooting/interaction, etc. needs to break Sprint Toggle? 

There are other toggles, e.g. melee block, in this game that will not reset itself, I don't understand why Sprint Toggle must reset itself on almost every possible move now. 

There have been dozens of threads complaining about this problem for years, what is the merit to force the sprint toggle user to repeatedly push the button after every possible move anyway?  

1 minute ago, modalmojo said:

A decision now?

Did you ask him why every aiming/shooting/interaction, etc. needs to break Sprint Toggle? 

There are other toggles, e.g. melee block, in this game that will not reset itself, I don't understand why Sprint Toggle must reset itself on almost every possible move now. 

There have been dozens of threads complaining about this problem for years, what is the merit to force the sprint toggle user to repeatedly push the button after every possible move anyway?  

I have to be honest with you, I don't remember the why. xD
I just know that I do not agree with this design decision AT ALL xD and I was surprised to hear it was on purpose.

1 minute ago, Scourger said:

I have to be honest with you, I don't remember the why. xD
I just know that I do not agree with this design decision AT ALL xD and I was surprised to hear it was on purpose.

No major games have this strange and annoying behavior, i.e. sprint toggle must reset after aiming/shooting/interaction, etc.

I had clan mates complaining about this years ago, threads have been posted, and they are now long gone, nothing is ever mentioned or fixed.

I started playing this game about 6 months ago, so I don't know the history of sprinting, but the sprint toggle resetting after aiming/shooting is the main reason why I generally avoid using ranged weapons. I'm a melee user all the way so this most recent melee bug is absolutely game-breaking for me.

I don't want to sound like a drama queen either, but since the recent hotfix I simply cannot bring myself to play this game. Until DE finds a way to fix this, I will only log into the game in order to get the daily reward and then I'll log out.

Edited by MayssonFairbanks

2 hours ago, MayssonFairbanks said:

BUMPING THIS THREAD FOR GREAT JUSTICE

It's been 48 hours and nothing has been done to fix this bug.

For the love of all that is Holy, do you happen to have any ETA ? maybe give us some status update or some information as to when you're planning on fixing this bug.

Thank you very much, have a nice day.

rebumping, For Great Justice

2 hours ago, MayssonFairbanks said:

BUMPING THIS THREAD FOR GREAT JUSTICE

It's been 48 hours and nothing has been done to fix this bug.

For the love of all that is Holy, do you happen to have any ETA ? maybe give us some status update or some information as to when you're planning on fixing this bug.

Thank you very much, have a nice day.

13 hours ago, Arkamayr said:

Now they just need to add crouch/slide and jump to the list, and then literally everything in the game will break toggled sprint.  I assume that's the eventual goal, but at that point, why even have a toggle option?  

DE:

Why must aiming/shooting/interacting reset Sprint Toggle when this is an OPTION to be enabled? 

What do we gain to repeatedly push the button to enable this OPTION again and again hundreds of times in a mission?  

Allright, 3 days since they broke the melee gameplay.

Someone told me to be more humble when i judge them for inserting major action bugs during "hotfixes".

Well, let's compare something:

How many days does it take to fix some fish issues: 1 day and "hotfix" deployed on Production servers.

How many days does it take to fix an option which is functional for at least 1 year and was broken during last "hotfix"? At least 3 days and still counting....

Speechless....

The melee sprint is a fast pace mechanism to handle a large number on npc which is an usual Warframe mechanism by definition. If this mechanism is broken, a chain reaction is launched: less movement, less npc cleared, less drops.....which concludes in a "LESS WARFRAME PLAY" because the warframe DIES. It's a simple thinking: less movement, more hits taken, less npc cleared, more npc to hit the warframe, less drops, no motivation to actually play  something....

Please, someone, save the melee gameplay. Or maybe the company politics reformats the game specs to a shooter game? Really? We will CounterWarframe, Call of Warframe?.....

OP, would you please consider to widen the scope of this thread to include all other Sprint Toggle breaking moves, i.e. aiming/shooting/interacting, etc.?

This problem has been dragging for years and nothing is fixed, I am sure all sprint toggle users will be happy if this can finally be fixed!  Thank you!

Edited by modalmojo

2 minutes ago, systems2 said:

..... snip .....

Please, someone, save the melee gameplay. Or maybe the company politics reformats the game specs to a shooter game? Really? We will CounterWarframe, Call of Warframe?.....

Right, the melee gameplay is now annoying as hell, but what major shooter games will disable sprint toggle whenever you aim or shoot?

Melee and running being broken is a serious let-down. I'm a huge fan of high speed melee builds, and this has totally wrecked - not nerfed - but wrecked the style of fighting this game offers for my choice of combat. If this doesn't get fixed, you certainly won't be getting any more purchases from me in platinum. 

Edited by (PS4)Reprehensiblefuk
Accidental double post