Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Erebos Revisited- The Umbrakinetic Forgemaster {As Seen on Prime Time!}

Almighty_Jado

Erebos, the Dark Creator

"This is Erebos, the one who creates something from nothing. In his presence, the light never seems bright enough."

fBIjyF.jpg

Also see the original iteration here:

Also featured on Prime Time!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJBXIbXGAKg

Manufacturing Requirements

Spoiler

Warframe:

Spoiler

-25000 Credits

-Erebos Neuroptics

-Erebos Chassis

-Erebos Systems

-8000 Kuva

Neuroptics:

Spoiler

-15000 Credits

-5 Morphics

-1000 Rubedo

-2 Neural Sensors

-1 Shadow Core

Chassis:

Spoiler

-15000 Credits

-1 Morphics

-3000 Alloy Plate

-200 Polymer Bundle

-1 Shadow Core

Systems:

Spoiler

-15000 Credits

-10 Morphics

-500 Rubedo

-2 Control Module

-1 Shadow Core

Erebos' Blueprint is a quest reward from the Restless Shadows quest (currently being revisited). Component blueprints drop from Rotation C of Misery Defense in the Shadow Dojo and Shadow Cores drop from Misery.

Erebos is a sturdy, buffer/CC frame with some decent mobility built in. He revolves around collecting shadows and forging them into useful things later.

Base Stats:

Spoiler

Health: 150 (350 at rank 30)
Shield: 70 (190 at rank 30)
Armour: 90
Power: 100 (150 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 0.99
Aura Polarity:  Madurai Pol
Other Polarities: 1x  Naramon Pol , 1x  Vazarin Pol

Passive: Tenebris Anvil

Spoiler

Erebos can collect Shadows from fallen enemies to help fuel his other abilities. Standing over the corpse of an enemy prompts you to use the Interaction key, causing you to extract the Shadow of the foe and summon a dark anvil, forging it into a Shadow Ingot over 2 seconds. Erebos stores these Shadow Ingots for later use.

Rank 30 Erebos may bring a second melee weapon to be brought into a mission for a total of 4 weapons equipped.

All of Erebos’ abilities cost 10 less energy while in dark locations.

Notes:

Spoiler

-Erebos can store up to 40 Shadow Ingots at once
-number of Shadow Ingots currently stored appears next to Erebos’ energy meter (same location as Nidus' Mutagen Stack Counter)
-Erebos gains bonus movement speed and a shadowy aura VE when he is holding at least 10 Shadow Ingots
-extracting Shadows DOES NOT DISSOLVE THE BODY
-having 2 melee weapons equipped (for a total of 4 weapons) will increase the number of objectives in Corpus Zanuka escape missions

1: Creeping Darkness (30 Energy)

Spoiler

Erebos launches a bolt of shadow at a single enemy, dealing 150/200/300/450 Impact bImpact Damage and creating a Shadow Zone at the enemy’s feet. The Shadow Zone covers a radius of 4/6/8/10 meters and remains for 9/10/11/12/13 seconds. Enemies that stand on the Shadow Zone move 25/46/65/75% slower, and enemies that remain in contact with the Shadow Zone for at least 6/5/4/3 seconds become Blinded for 2/4/6/8 seconds.

Holding down the key for this ability enchances the ability, consuming 5 Shadow Ingots to forge and throw a shadow lance at an enemy. Deals 100/110/120/130% additional Puncture bPuncture Damage, and the resulting Shadow Zone is 1/2/3/4 meters wider. Enemies that die within an enhanced Shadow Zone automatically contribute 1 Shadow Ingot to Erebos’ collection.

POWER STRENGTH: Increases damage of shadow bolts
POWER DURATION: Increases duration of Shadow Zones and resulting Blind
POWER RANGE: Increases range at which shadow bolts may be launched, and radius of Shadow Zones
POWER EFFICIENCY: Decreases Energy Cost, at 200% Efficiency Shadow Ingot cost for enhancement is reduced to 2

Notes:

Spoiler

-enemies blinded by this ability display a dark cloud over their face as opposed to the usual white sparks
-one-handed ability

2. Shadowforge (60 Energy)

Spoiler

Erebos summons his Tenebris Anvil to smith a weapon or weapon upgrade, consuming 15 Shadow Ingots in the process. Weapon upgrade lasts for 15/18/21/24 seconds. Holding down the key enhances this ability, increasing the duration of the ability by 25/50/75/100%, at the cost of 50% more energy and 100% more Shadow Ingots. Additionally, all Warframes in Erebos’ Affinity Range gain ammo for all their weapons equal to 5/8/11/14% of their weapons’ max ammo pools. Switching weapons, or getting disarmed will end this ability early.
What Erebos forges is dependent on what weapon he currently has equipped, causing this ability to have extreme versatility.

Primary:

Spoiler

If Erebos’ primary is currently equipped, he forges an upgrade.
Rifles/Snipers/Shotguns/Launchers: The weapon pulses with a darkness visual effect every time you shoot. Increases damage by 33/37/41/55% (after taking mods into consideration) and fire rate by 20/25/30/35%.
Bows: Arrows leave a shadowy trail visual effect. Increases projectile velocity by 10/30/50/70% and increases critical damage by 30/60/90/120%.

Secondary:

Spoiler

If Erebos’ secondary is currently equipped, he forges an upgrade.
Throwing: Thrown projectiles leave a shadowy trail visual effect. Increases multishot by 70/75/80/85%.
Pistols/Dual Pistols/Other Secondaries: The weapon pulses with a darkness visual effect every time you shoot. Increases Status Chance and Critical Chance by 10/30/60/100%.

Melee:

Spoiler

If Erebos’ melee is currently equipped, he forges a Shadow Weapon. Shadow weapons share the exact same stats as your currently equipped melee weapon, including mods and Stance mods, but add an additional passive effect. Any previous innate weapon passives are retained as well (including things like Telos Boltace slide attack waves, Arca Titron electron slam, Zaw Exodias, etc). All Shadow Weapons have a special ethereal model and name.

WALL OF TEXT ALERT:

Spoiler

Swords: Erebos forges the sword Night. Melee kills grant 60/64/67/70% movement speed for 2/3/4/5 seconds after kills.

Spoiler

GL0Zzf.jpg

Polearms: Erebos forges the poleaxe Shadoweaver. Grants 25/30/35/40% attack speed.

Spoiler

HsCBIm.jpg

Heavy Blades: Erebos forges the greatsword Shadorai. Slam attacks cause you to release a burst of shadow after 2 seconds, dealing 35/45/55/65% of your weapon’s damage as Impact Damage and staggering all enemies hit. Burst of shadow can be increased with Reach/Primed Reach.

Spoiler

glypPL.jpg

Scythes: Erebos forges the scythe Thantoz. Charge attacks have 25/30/35/40% extra range and heal for 40/50/60/70% of the damage dealt.

Spoiler

fydneA.jpg

Dual Swords: Erebos forges the twin Eremita. Melee attacks while having a melee combo bonus of 2.5x or higher cause shadow barbs to fly at up to 3 nearby enemies, dealing 5/10/15/20% of your weapon’s damage as magnetic damage with a 40/45/50/55% Status Chance. While at a combo bonus of 3x or higher, shadow barbs deal 25/30/35/40% damage and have a Status Chance of 60/70/80/90%. Reach/Primed Reach increase the range at which shadow barbs can seek out enemies, and the barbs are capable of inflicting other status effects from your weapon.

Spoiler

z4RDxd.jpg

Staves: Erebos forges the staff Ominium. Critical hits apply a puncture proc. Orange criticals cause puncture procs that last double as long with 5/10/15/20% more effectiveness, and red criticals cause triple long procs with 10/20/30/40% more effectiveness.

Spoiler

Sword and Shields: Erebos forges the blade and board Remna & Pall. Every time damage is taken while blocking, release a wave of darkness in the direction you’re facing, dealing damage equal to 50/150/200/250% of the damage taken. Retains Critical Chance, Status Chance, Damage type and Status Effects applied from enemy attacks to the waves. Reach/Primed Reach will increase the size of the wave.

Spoiler

Daggers: Erebos forges the knife Twilight Reaver. Charge attack damage is amplified by 30/45/50/65% of an enemies’ current health.

Spoiler

Rapiers: Erebos forges the rapier Carnis Sculptoris. If there is only 1 enemy within 5 meters of you, melee strikes pulsate with darkness, granting 60/75/80/95% more Critical Chance and 20/25/30/35% additional Critical Damage.

Spoiler

Hammers: Erebos forges the mace Penumbra. Jumping slam attacks from at least 15/13/11/9/7 meters above the ground pull enemies toward the center of impact. All enemies hit have a 40/45/50/55% chance to suffer a Slash proc.

Spoiler

Whips: Erebos forges the flail Umbrage. Bullet jumps deal 30/40/50/60% more damage and gain 70/80/90/100% chance to apply your weapon's status effects.

Spoiler

Nikanas: Erebos forges the blade Muramaza. Charge attacks cause you to dash forward 2/4/6/8 meters, dealing full damage with a 100% chance to apply all 3 IPS Status Effects. Reach/Primed Reach will increase the range of the dash.

Spoiler

Tonfas: Erebos forges the Obscurax tonfas. Channeling costs are eliminated.

Spoiler

Gunblades: Erebos forges the Forcebreaker gunblade. Attack speed increased by 10/15/20/25%, and gunfire attacks cause shadow bursts, granting double range.

Spoiler

Claws: Erebos forges the Abishredor gauntlets. Every 10 enemies killed, your next melee strike will perform a finisher. While channeling, the number of enemies required to be killed is reduced to 5. Finally, Finisher Damage is increased by 100/120/140/160%.

Spoiler

Blade and Whips: Erebos forges the Blade and Whip Inumbriza. Slam attacks leave a shadow clone of the Inumbriza behind. Enemies that walk too close to the shadow clone are attacked by it, being entangled in it, causing the enemy to stop moving for 1 second. After the time is up, the shadow clone explodes and releases the enemy, dealing 100/200/300/400 Blast Damage with a 100% Status Chance in a 2 meter radius. Reach/Primed Reach increases range of explosion AND attack range of shadow clone.

Spoiler

Dual Daggers: Erebos forges the twin daggers Dual Andhera. Attack speed increases by 20/25/30/35% scaling with melee combo counter.

Spoiler

Machetes: Erebos forges the blade Kage Purzas. Each melee attack charges up the weapon, and every 50/45/40/35 stacks, create an invincible shadow specter of yourself that draws fire and deals damage equal to your own melee stats. A maximum of 2 specters may be summoned at once, each lasting 20 seconds. Summoning a third will kill the earliest created specter.

Spoiler

Fists: Erebos forges the Eclypse cestuses. These fist weapons’ damage is increased by 2% per Shadow Ingot stored by Erebos (max 80% bonus damage).

Spoiler

Glaives: Erebos forges the chakram Yoru Nox. Enemies killed by throwing attacks have a 50% chance to relinquish a shadow, increasing Erebos’ Shadow Ingot collection. NOTE: Dual wielding a secondary and a throwing weapon causes Erebos to apply an upgrade to both weapons.

Spoiler

Nunchaku: Erebos forges the Sombringer nunchaku. While blocking, each enemy projectile has a 10/20/30/40% chance to phase through you, dealing no damage.

Spoiler

POWER STRENGTH: Increases the damage, damage bonuses, Status Chances, Critical Chances and bonus attack speed for Shadowforged melee weapons and gun upgrades.
POWER DURATION: Increases duration of Shadowforge.
POWER RANGE: Increases the range of some Shadowforged melee weapon passives.
POWER EFFICIENCY: Decreases Energy Cost, at 200% Efficiency Shadow Ingot base cost for enhancement is decreased to 7.

Notes:
-cast time of 3 seconds can be reduced by Natural Talent

3. Shadeport (80 Energy)

Spoiler

Erebos transforms into a violent, dark maelstrom, surging forward. Erebos travels 8/13/18/23 meters in any direction, including through walls, should the map permit it. NOTE: Cannot be used in prisoner cell blocks in Rescue Missions, data vaults in Spy Missions, cooperative doors, or main objective doors. However, it CAN be used to travel through secret locked doors or through rooms during lockdowns. Enemies at Erebos’ initial and final destination in a 5/5/6/6 meter radius will be knocked down from a burst of shadow, and dealt 100/200/230/285  Impact Damage. All corpses in between Shadeport’s initial and final destination contribute 0.5 Shadow Ingots to Erebos’ shadow collection (rounding down). Holding down this key will enhance the ability, increasing the travel range by 70%, damage by 35/40/45/50%, energy cost by 50%, and consuming 8 Shadow Ingots.

POWER STRENGTH: Increases initial and destination shadow burst damage
POWER DURATION: No Effect
POWER RANGE: Increases radius of shadow bursts and distance able to be travelled.
POWER EFFICIENCY: Decreases Energy Cost, at 200% Efficiency Shadow Ingot cost for enhancement is reduced to 4.

4. Dark Morningstar (100 Energy)

Spoiler

Erebos takes 5 seconds to forge a large spiked ball of darkness, consuming 20 Shadow Ingots. Erebos takes 15% less damage during this process. The Dark Morningstar is then suspended in the air at the location it was created, drawing fire from enemies (Dark Morningstars have higher target priority than Warframes). Erebos can create a maximum of 1/2/3/4 Dark Morningstars, each with 650/1150/1550/1950 HP and 200/350/500/650 armour. Holding the key down causes all Dark Morningstars to crash down, dealing 360/500/640/780 Finisher Damage to all enemies in an 8/9/10/11 meter radius, knocking them down and applying a Magnetic and Corrosive Proc. This also causes Dark Morningstars to lose 25% of their maximum HP. If Erebos is within 8/9/10/11 meters of a Dark Morningstar, he can restore 20% HP to it if he uses Tenebris Anvil, 30% HP if he uses Shadowforge, or 50% HP if he uses enhanced Shadowforge.

POWER STRENGTH: Increases Dark Morningstar HP, Armour and Damage, and health restore from Erebos’ other abilities
POWER DURATION: Decreases HP loss from crashing down to a minimum of 10%. Power duration of less than 100% increases HP loss to a maximum of 100%.
POWER RANGE: Increases radius of Dark Morningstar’s area of effect when crashing down. Also increases Dark Morningstar hitbox and visual size.
POWER EFFICIENCY: Decreases Energy Cost, at 200% efficiency Shadow Ingot cost is reduced to 10.

Notes:

Spoiler

-cast time of 5 seconds can be reduced by Natural talent
-creating above the maximum allowed amount of Dark Morningstars causes the earliest created one to dissolve into shadow, refunding 5 Shadows (destroyed ones refund nothing).

Design Philosophy:
As cool of a Warframe I thought Erebos was in his original form, I realized that his abilities were kind of wonky and unfocused. Nothing centered around a theme other than "he does stuff with darkness". In this rework, I have centered on his literal BLACKsmithing, marrying the idea of a forgemaster warframe with an umbrakinetic one for a truly unique concept.
Feel free to leave comments and criticism! I am more than willing to change Erebos' abilities to balance him out- especially his 2; I want to make sure every Melee Passive is useful.

Edited by Almighty_Jado
Decreased Shadow Ingot forging time to 2 seconds

Considering reducing cast time of ultimate after many people on other forums  have told me 10 seconds with only 10% damage reduction is an ez way to die. In my defence, I figured the Shadow Zones from Creeping Shadow would help cover for him, and that the payoff from casting such an ability would be an ultra powerful heavy smushing ball.

So I have a few options

-increase damage reduction while creating a Dark Morningstar

- decrease cast time

-buff fully created Dark Morningstars to make the creation worth it

-leave it as is

Leave suggestions! Always open to outside advice

Just now, Neo3602 said:

Interesting take on a shadow themed warframe, my main gripe is how long it takes him to gather shadow ingots from enemy corpses using his passive, IMO 5 seconds for 1 ingot is a little much.

This is understandable. My reasoning is that using his passive to collect Shadow Ingots is just to "get him rolling" per se. Shadowport and Enhanced Creeping Darkness are both ways of more efficiently collecting Shadow Ingots. I will admit that Erebos' original iteration was based on Nidus in the idea that you start off slow, but get more and more powerful as the fighting goes on. I decided to keep this aspect of Erebos in.

However, if you still believe, and other people agree also, that 5 seconds on his passive is too long, I'd be willing to bump it down a little.

12 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

This is understandable. My reasoning is that using his passive to collect Shadow Ingots is just to "get him rolling" per se. Shadowport and Enhanced Creeping Darkness are both ways of more efficiently collecting Shadow Ingots. I will admit that Erebos' original iteration was based on Nidus in the idea that you start off slow, but get more and more powerful as the fighting goes on. I decided to keep this aspect of Erebos in.

However, if you still believe, and other people agree also, that 5 seconds on his passive is too long, I'd be willing to bump it down a little.

Actually, now that I think about it, I see no reason why I couldn't match the already annoyingly long animation of the Broken Scepter's ability. Does anyone know how long that animation is? Definitely shorter than 5 seconds. 3?

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping my post to avoid inactivity. I'm in the midst of finals and haven't had the chance to add artwork or work on Restless Shadows. Come the holidays, I'll be able to start working on stuff again.

In the meantime, I'm still all ears to any criticism provided by others...... come on, I know YOU reading this have something to say

• 1 month later...