Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE: Drop pod oversaturation (or: everything is orange)

Bibliothekar

I hope I'm not the only one who has a problem with this. Whenever I happen to stand in the middle of a Grineer drop out on the plains, my entire screen turns orange and stays like that for half a minute. Okay, that was slightly exaggerated, but not much. Thing is, when those pods crash down around me, they flood the area with orange and make it really hard to see anything. Feels like trying to spot a polar bear in a snow storm. The Grineer, however, don't have that problem and will start shooting at me right away.

And yes, there are times when you can avoid that (don't stand right where the drone flies up), other times you can't (e.g. when you have to defend a camp and those pods crash down randomly). So I truly think that this needs to get toned down. I have fairly good eyes, am not colour-blind or anything, and I still don't see sh*t after being hit by a pod. This is nothing but incredibly frustrating.

/e: And it's twice as bad during dusk and dawn, when everything is already coated in liquid orange.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Tangentially related but they should add a small delay or large decrease to accuracy to drop pod spawned grineer when they initiate combat. You don't just fall from space in what is essentially a giant bullet and with pinpoint accuracy instantly attack your enemies unless you are a tenno of which the grineer are definitely not. 

• 4 weeks later...