Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum Enemy Limit

(PSN)Crixus044

Hello everyone,

For those who are unfamiliar with the Simulacrum, it's basically a sandbox for you to test situations and scenarios , thus getting an idea what a frame is capable of and testing how you can best mod that frame for a mission. The current enemy limit is 20, while is more than you'll normally find in a mission at once, it is a little underwhelming for testing the endurance of a setup. A long time ago (not that long actually), tomb guardians where scannable enemies that you could spawn in the simulacrum. The unique thing about them was that you could kill them, and instead of them dying, they break off into 2 smaller guardians. This allowed for up to 320 guardians to be in a single area at once. This was obviously a bug, but having that number of guardians allowed me to test certain things that I just cannot do with a 20 enemy limit. The main thing is testing how a high combo counter build would play out against certain level enemies.

Currently, I'm at MR19. I have been MR 19 for almost a year because I am satisfied with that level, since it surpasses any riven or weapon requirement. This being said, all my friends are MR 22 and up. They can spawn enemies of up to 145, which you would think would be a lot, but it really isn't. Before, I'd be able to test the damage numbers of a 4x combo counter slash based galatine prime, which you would normally only find after hours in a survival, which is consequently the level of enemies I normally fight. With the rock guardians, I could spawn several hundred at that level, and despite my frame rate drops, it was actually helpful, and it allowed me to tweak my builds to maximize my performance. I got the damage numbers, did the calculations, and when I went into a survival, I dominated. Now I gave my build to my whole clan, who were grateful and also smashed the leaderboards.

My beef with the simulacrum was that this ability to ramp up my combo counter was taken away, I understand there are plenty of ways to reach incredibly high combo counters, trust me I know, but these methods are rather tedious, long, and notfun in the slightest. Who enjoys smacking a juggernaut for an hour straight? Who would rather fight a massive army of enemeis to get the same results, but much faster? The mechanics of the rock guardians multiplying was also taken away, and while there are methods to reach above the 20 enemy level, they are neither as effective, and they don't help with what I'm going for. I didn't see why this was such a priority, since the simulacrum is simply a sandbox. It's not game breaking, it was fun, funny, and helpful. This raises questions on why the simulacrum has an enemy limit in the first place. Obviously, spawning hundreds of enemies is not what is intended and not what the game is about, but it doesn't affect anything about the game to the outside. I wish DE lets this mechanic back into the game, or at least provides us with a more flexible limit.

Thank You,and I hope DE understands and gives this an overview soon.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

The boiler enemy type could work for this purpose. when they die the drop spawn pods for light infested. There is a delay before they spawn in which gives you enough time to spawn another 20 boilers in. Another way to test is to slap on the naramon passive that changes the combo counter to decay by 5. Both of these methods (and combined) help you reach some really high combo counters in a short timespan

2 minutes ago, Pie_mastyr said:

The boiler enemy type could work for this purpose. when they die the drop spawn pods for light infested. There is a delay before they spawn in which gives you enough time to spawn another 20 boilers in. Another way to test is to slap on the naramon passive that changes the combo counter to decay by 5. Both of these methods (and combined) help you reach some really high combo counters in a short timespan

I know this, but like I said, they don't have enough EHp, and the time span is not even close. Naramon helps a whole bunch in making sure I don't have to start over, but it doesn't help with speed, nor does it help with snipers. Especially with PoE out and snipers getting their revolution, I wanted to test the builds I had against an enemy span of a few hundred shots. I rarely miss and still it takes me ages and constant respawning to get to a 3x combo counter. I use Boilers and Drahk Masters, but this still isn't sufficient for my purpose.