The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranged Infested

CrazyCatLad

Ancient Rollers. Grineer rollers that have been infested. They leave a toxic trail and have an AOE disruption that also heals allies. Then for attacking, the spikes of the Ancient roller shoot out in all directions and poison anyone hit. Unaffected by bastille, mind control, or chaos.

Go sit in a corner and think about what you've unleashed.

Ancient Rollers. Grineer rollers that have been infested. They leave a toxic trail and have an AOE disruption that also heals allies. Then for attacking, the spikes of the Ancient roller shoot out in all directions and poison anyone hit. Unaffected by bastille, mind control, or chaos.

And the rollers should also sap your energy and shield away xD

I vote no. At least until they fix the bug that caused two Toxic's from teleporting right into the middle of our Bastille (IE on top of the pod) at wave 65. Barely had time to call it before the fission was mailed. 

The really annoying thing was we pretty much had out tactics down to go way further. Wave 64 took basically the same time as wave 30.

*sigh* Guess I'll get that clan record next time.

Let's get back on topic before we get banned for derailing.

Indeed. Ranged infested would be good, but as they are they are tough enough already, since a level 370 ancient is basically tankier than anything in the basic game. 

Making a ranged infested would mean that it would be much harder to stop the swarms that assault you. It would also make frost a necessity for infested defense, and frankly the number of Frosts that play it anyway irritates me, since toxic + globe = pain. 

Also spine-throwers would likely stagger you, and really, you think the infested need more staggers?

Indeed. Ranged infested would be good, but as they are they are tough enough already, since a level 370 ancient is basically tankier than anything in the basic game. 

Making a ranged infested would mean that it would be much harder to stop the swarms that assault you. It would also make frost a necessity for infested defense, and frankly the number of Frosts that play it anyway irritates me, since toxic + globe = pain. 

Also spine-throwers would likely stagger you, and really, you think the infested need more staggers?

Look at the BETA fight against TSFs.

No staggers. Instant Battalion vaporization.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89731-laser-class-infested-lux-working-title/

That's the most evil thing I've ever seen suggested on this forum.

How about they take the nauseous crawlers, and give them a pair of working legs. It could function like the puker from Dead Space 2, spewing long range projectiles from far away, and the usual stunning vomit attack at medium range. It'd be nice to see a version of the nauseous infested that isn't completely pathetic.