Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discarding packet with invalid signature from *IP address*

forsenK

So this is nothing really annoying or game breaking but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (I also wasn't sure where to put this topic since it's for the pvp dedicated servers) I started a dedicated server just to try it out, I made sure to enable DMZ host, and it did start up just fine, HOWEVER, every time someone tries to join, the server just says "Discarding packet with invalid signature from: *Ip address of the player*" and they get dropped almost instantly. Is this a known issue or something I messed up? I couldn't really find anyone else with this issue.

5 hours ago, EmilotMargus said:

the server just says "Discarding packet with invalid signature from: *Ip address of the player*" and they get dropped almost instantly

It might be an issue, but most of the time its the other way around: you drop packets because the player already left. Usually players leave when they join an empty lobby. Packets don't always end up at the destination in the order they were sent. So after the "leave squad" message is received, some other (delayed) packets might still arrive from that user. As there is no longer a user with that ip in the session (they left), their ip is now invalid. You can see some of the relevant messages below.

Spoiler

393.156 Net [Info]: MatchingServiceWeb::ProcessSquadMessage received LEAVE message from [user]
393.162 Sys [Info]: Server: Client "[user]" disconnected with HConn=0
393.163 Net [Info]: Server::RemoveConnection 0
393.164 Game [Info]: Last player disconnected, restarting game
393.164 Net [Info]: Destroying virtual connection for: 256.256.256.256:4955
393.165 Game [Info]: HandleSquadMessage from 256.256.256.256:4955 LEAVE (host: 1)
393.167 Net [Info]: All connections dead, clearing connection table.
393.215 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: 256.256.256.256:4955

11 hours ago, spiedie said:

It might be an issue, but most of the time its the other way around: you drop packets because the player already left. Usually players leave when they join an empty lobby. Packets don't always end up at the destination in the order they were sent. So after the "leave squad" message is received, some other (delayed) packets might still arrive from that user. As there is no longer a user with that ip in the session (they left), their ip is now invalid. You can see some of the relevant messages below.

Hide contents

393.156 Net [Info]: MatchingServiceWeb::ProcessSquadMessage received LEAVE message from [user]
393.162 Sys [Info]: Server: Client "[user]" disconnected with HConn=0
393.163 Net [Info]: Server::RemoveConnection 0
393.164 Game [Info]: Last player disconnected, restarting game
393.164 Net [Info]: Destroying virtual connection for: 256.256.256.256:4955
393.165 Game [Info]: HandleSquadMessage from 256.256.256.256:4955 LEAVE (host: 1)
393.167 Net [Info]: All connections dead, clearing connection table.
393.215 Net [Error]: Discarding packet with invalid signature from: 256.256.256.256:4955

Ahh alright, thank you!