Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Aborting All Of These Beautiful Frames!

Daihazi

User feedback is not the same as copy/paste as this thread suggests. DE not having a planned story also does not make their existing stuff any less valid than if it was planned.

What you think is cool I think is lame. Im not going to bash peoples ideas on a individual basis because there is no need. But remember, just because you like something doesnt others do. And there is still 50 reasons why fan frames will never make it into the game.

Well you kind of did though "stupid name" "stupid story" ect.

Anyways - he is in no way shape or form asking for a copy paste from everything in the OP or fanzone w/e he's asking about a design contest and acknowledgement of Fanframes.

Wasn't invalidating their current stuff was just pointing out that interfering with future lore isn't really an issue and its not like they have some grand story to tell that we'll mess with if they use our suggestions since they're just free balling the whole thing.

This thread seems to have gone south quite quickly.

I agree

Guys, quit arguing, and start posting Warframes! Otherwise, there really will be 0 chance of ANY of them being released! Because we don't know if we don't try, and a bunch of arguing is going to, if anything, probably make DE less likely to listen!

Edited by Daihazi

Anyways - he is in no way shape or form asking for a copy paste from everything in the OP or fanzone w/e he's asking about a design contest and acknowledgement of Fanframes.

Wasn't invalidating their current stuff was just pointing out that interfering with future lore isn't really an issue and its not like they have some grand story to tell that we'll mess with if they use our suggestions since they're just free balling the whole thing.

Actually I did not, it was a general bashing. I actually regret adding that part. It was in no way constructive. For that I apologize.

DE does recognize fan frames, they do take fan ideas, they have a forum for it. To make a post in general demanding DE to do something (and yes, it is pretty much a demand). The scythe was a fan idea.

What im saying is let DE do their job. It is what you are paying them for.

Yeah, I am not asking for a c/p. I am trying to convince the awesome people at DE that the Fanframes, or at least a few of them, should be voted on and the top X released. Just like Nova. Because I think the general reaction would be something like 

ctfr.jpg

I agree

Guys, quit arguing, and start posting Warframes! Otherwise, there really will be 0 chance of ANY of them being released! Because we don't know if we don't try, and a bunch of arguing is going to, if anything, probably make DE less likely to listen!

Well I have said my piece. It was actually to help you understand why this post is not going to get the response you want. Read it if you will, or dont. No skin off my back. 

Btw I have no "hate" for fan frames. This just isnt the venue for them.

Actually I did not, it was a general bashing. I actually regret adding that part. It was in no way constructive. For that I apologize.

DE does recognize fan frames, they do take fan ideas, they have a forum for it. To make a post in general demanding DE to do something (and yes, it is pretty much a demand). The scythe was a fan idea.

What im saying is let DE do their job. It is what you are paying them for.

I'm saying that I believe a great portion of the community would like to see some of these fan frames released. And DE makes a damn fine game. I never questioned that. I will probably end up spending over 9000$ in platinum over the course of my life. But the community would LOVE if thier frames were released. Perhaps even once or twice per update! (major update, like U8, U9, U10, U11, etc.) Or maybe a whole bunch of good ones! Because if this game had like 50 frames to choose from (and a whole arsenal to match) I think that people would be like SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN LOL, HALO, AND MASS EFFECT IN SO MANY WAYS!!!!!!!!

[size=1]That is my opinion, and I believe it is shared. I am not 100% sure, so don't rape me over it[/size]

Now that this topic has been moved to the proper forum I feel I can post on it again. Here is the thing. Its obvious this thread is not going to have the effect you desire. And it isnt because of arguements. 

Here is my idea. You seem to have alot of passion for this game, and that really good. Why not use this time to make a great community website that showcases fan frames in a artist medium. Give each frame a page and the ability to post artwork to it. Every page can have a feedback thread attached. Promote the site in DE forums. If it is good people will come. And even  DE may take notice.

Hope you get your ideas ingame someday. 

Now that this topic has been moved to the proper forum I feel I can post on it again. Here is the thing. Its obvious this thread is not going to have the effect you desire. And it isnt because of arguements. 

Here is my idea. You seem to have alot of passion for this game, and that really good. Why not use this time to make a great community website that showcases fan frames in a artist medium. Give each frame a page and the ability to post artwork to it. Every page can have a feedback thread attached. Promote the site in DE forums. If it is good people will come. And even  DE may take notice.

This doesnt seem to be a bad idea. The main detractor to this would be the lack of a direct and static link from the forums to there, which would cause said site to be "lost in the web" and known only to a few.

Warlocke.... You are a genius. Would I be able to create my own Wiki? Like a community frame wiki? Or would I need an actual site?

If so, due to lack of a paypal/credit card, any hosting sites that you reccomend? That let me use galleries/images/pages freely? For free?

Warlocke.... You are a genius. Would I be able to create my own Wiki? Like a community frame wiki? Or would I need an actual site?

If so, due to lack of a paypal/credit card, any hosting sites that you reccomend? That let me use galleries/images/pages freely? For free?

Unfortunatly I am not a tech savy person. I would post these questions in off topic or even in the fanzones and im sure someone can and will ansdwer them for you. Best of luck.

The OP is just getting more and more obnoxious about this thread. Also by saying you're a code monkey and that most of these Warframes aren't that hard to make, is just wrong. As I said in an earlier reply to this post, they haven't even made most of the abillities already in-game correct, dishing out even more difficult abillities and functions is unlikely to happen, I have to agree with a lot of what WARLOCKE said, Fanframes are always wrong in some way, and will have a hard time making it into the game. Making this thread to try and attract DE's attention because you want your Warframe in the game because it's your dream is selfish and bad, If they were to add many Fanframes, a lot of people would demand theirs in too, and to have a roster of 50 + Warframes Is a bit too much to be honest, It's nice to have many to pick from, but if there's too many it's going to be frustrating.

The OP is just getting more and more obnoxious about this thread. Also by saying you're a code monkey and that most of these Warframes aren't that hard to make, is just wrong. As I said in an earlier reply to this post, they haven't even made most of the abillities already in-game correct, dishing out even more difficult abillities and functions is unlikely to happen, I have to agree with a lot of what WARLOCKE said, Fanframes are always wrong in some way, and will have a hard time making it into the game. Making this thread to try and attract DE's attention because you want your Warframe in the game because it's your dream is selfish and bad, If they were to add many Fanframes, a lot of people would demand theirs in too, and to have a roster of 50 + Warframes Is a bit too much to be honest, It's nice to have many to pick from, but if there's too many it's going to be frustrating

I never meant to dis the hard work DE puts in. I meant that it was POSSIBLE. I can see that. But I do agree, I could never remake anything in this game xD DE ROCKS

:( Oh well, I guess Vaara and Triyang, along witt Shard, Tempest, White Crystal, Shadow and all of them just got killed...

[size=8]DE just got an abortion Dx[/size]

Oh well, I still LOVE the game to death. Whatever they put in, I will still buy plat :p

I dunno how much a thread like this will help, really, wouldn't it be better to just post in the frames you like and support, offer help, criticism, and work with the makers of those frames to refine it? Doing so will keep it near the top of the list, and the more posts and views it gets, the more likely DE is to check it out, watch its progress, and maybe even consider putting it into the game. While this thread is a good idea, it just seems to make things far more complex, as now DE has to try and sort through this thread and find which frames seem to be popular, instead of just looking at the Fanzone, seeing what things are near the top, what things have the most views and posts, that sort of stuff.

I spent over 8 full hours typing out powers and basic stats for gender-alternate versions of all the in-game warframes, it's lost around page 3 or something right now, I don't mind too much because A. It's unlikely to get in the game, as, while DE has said they've considered doing gender alternates(That is to say, different warframes with the same theme, not straight gender swaps), they have also said it is very low on their priority list, since they have plenty of bugs to deal with, new frames and weapons to put in, all that stuff. And B. It's a forum, that stuff happens, new things pop up, old things fade back out. However, if you consistently update your ideas, and talk with others about it, it'll stay at the front page more often.

signed dunno, personal opinion I suppose, and everyone has their own.

Zylo the Wolfbane

What's with the screams of abortion everywhere? Makes ya think this is the wrong type of thread..

I do agree with the consensus for a fan-frame showoff area, especially if art and concepts are sound, and not just 'hey why can't we have a frame that does x, y, and z' like some of the more recent tossouts, but the fact we have so many already of these is kinda detrimental for serious projects.

With that said, I'll dust off my list I had on hand for Solar Rails for some of the 'Classics'.

Void by Silverbones - Debuffer that uses energy rings to addle enemies and assist Tenno, as a more offensive Trinity option. Also the origins of Hate :3

Drider by GratuitousLurking - Spider-themed Tenno who uses primarily web-based abilities. Designed for debuff, trapping, and fast manuvering.

Tiburon by FrostWolf - Water-themed Valkyrie designed for causing havok at closerange, mixing tank and spellcaster roles.

Dragon by Endrian - Concept for a plasma-user and partially-infested frame, built as either team support tanky or a speedy havock-causer similar to Ember.

Vespa by GTG3000 - Probably one of the more well-known ones alongside Void and Tiburon. With the powers to glide and a ability set based off flying insects, Vespa is a recon frame with a lot of maneuverability.

Svarog by Vaskadar - Nanomachines, offensive engineering, and technology used to harm before Vauban was a thing. Has a good focus on debuff and disruption.

Nemesis by Falseangel17 - Corpus tried to make a Warframe-based robot. Lotus went 'lol' and turned them to the Tenno cause. A warframe based around Corpus attacks and abilities, with a unique design style.

Shard by Bloodraptor - One of the first, Shard didn't have many abilities pinned down for her. Her general ghist, though, is a powerful tank frame with an affinity for crystal attacks.

Anubis by Bloodraptor - One of the first, Anubis manipulates toxins and other poison elements, though a bit more squishier then the toxic mistress we know already.

Crow by Kheim - Master of fear, Crow is a assassin-style Warframe that enjoys drawing the fear from enemies and using it against them.

Chameleon by GTG3000 -  Another varient of stealth, Chameleon takes the likeness of enemies, and can even bestow this effect to other warframes.

Erucae by Fenrisulfr - Many Tenno rely on stealth and deception. Erucae relies on a half-robotic tech unit that allows for powerful area-of-denial attacks.

Blade by kkphilip - Whereas Excalibur is proficient in swordsmenship, Blade is the master. Blade has a weapon mounted onto his arm, which he uses for the majority of his swordsmanship attacks.

Locust by OricSharp - With swarms of nanites that eat his enemies like his namesake did grain, Locust is a powerful supporter which relies on his summonable nanite clouds.

Dryad by FrostWolf - Earth may not be the most greenest planets anymore, but Dryad's here to change it, using several abilities based off foliage and plant matter.

Lotus by Toko - What if a member of the Lotus came to the field? Lotus's abilities are all based around hacking and technology, drastically speeding up a team through mucking with the level's tech points and her own team;s systens for the better.

Again, this is just a TASTE of what's available if you look hard enough. Some of these get bumped relatively regularly, whereas others were left to bury into the dust, sadly. But hey, if anyone's willing to poke around back there for the gems, feel free.

Edited by GratuitousLurking