Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep Plague Star around after event (for variety)

QUEWEX

Not sure if this might already be planned, but I'd like to see the Plague Star bounty remain once the event itself ends.

It would show up in a rotating selection along the other Ostron bounties, replacing one of the other five now, depending on level, and also now rewarding only Ostron standing.

The bounty itself might need to be tweaked a bit: if the large boil is going away, then it could be a low-ish level bounty that brings toxin to a random smaller boil in the plains ("the infestation has formed another boil, go kill it before it becomes a bigger problem"). If the large boil remains a permanent fixture, then it can be a higher level bounty with 1 hemocyte spawn. Or both of these could exist as possible options. Maybe move the toxin canister out of the deep caves just to reduce some of the tedium in crossing the map back and forth. (Tangent: going to SE corner for the toxin, then having to cross to the SW corner for the mixer is... not enjoyable. Orientations according to Locked Map Rotation interface option.)

Actual bounty rewards per stage should rotate like the current ostron bounties, although I know this is currently bugged with the event bounty itself.

Any future bounties from Plains of Eidolon events could also make reapperances as random Ostron bounties once the event ends.

I know that after two weeks, people are tired of farming the same bounty over and over. However, I'm looking ahead past the event itself, where variety is useful to reduce tedium. I'm sure people also get pretty tired of farming the same five bounties for rep (or less if they're after specific rewards) but given all the dev work has been done for this bounty already, adding it to the rotation would seem like a fairly small amount of work. Also saves from throwing out all the work they've already done in just shelving the bounty after the event.

the problem is how unplayable eidolon is

you can't fish for 5 minute and then you have 23sda314 enemy on you, you can't min or well the same, is just a pain in the a.ss

i do that crap 100 time just for weapon and trophy i don't pplay on eidolon anymore till they remove the infected, actually remove at least 40% of the grineer is a god idea too, and then put actually animal we can hunt... you know somenthing new and fun for once.

Edited by Raynalle

Yes, I meant to mention that as well. I would prefer the actual infested in regular plains to go away - maybe leave the small boils around as map features but infested enemies shouldn't just spawn randomly. The infested mobs would only show up when they defend the boil in the final stage of the toxin bounty.

18 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

Since I hate fighting the infested in every capacity because they're literally just a variety of silhouettes with the simple strategy of bee lining right to me, I'm going to have to say please replace the boil with a hole the ground.  I'd like to get back to my slow as molasses vomvalyst farm already, thank you.

I could not agree more with this. Honestly, I think its time for the Sentients or some Syndicate to purge Eris, clean the Infested out of Warframe (make it a major event) and replace it with a new faction that actually offers some variety in terms of interaction. The Infested are terrible, frustrating, screen fuzz spamming, zombie wannabes and as the game moves away from its horde shooter in a closed room roots, the need for a such a faction declines sharply. Plague Star showed just how awful an experience a fast moving, omniscient zombie horde is in an open map.

We dont need this again. Ever.