Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For The Nightmare Mode

Lenzerker

Salutations, recently the community has talking a lot about the game difficulty increase and the nightmare mode. I've thought about it for a while and I think that there's might be a solution that will please everyone (or at least the majority).

I think the best way to implement the nightmare mode would be making it completely optional and player controllable. To make it clear, when the players choose a mission they could decide if they will play on normal or nightmare mode. If nightmare is selected the conditions could be set by the players, giving control of which challenge to undertake.

The players would be able to set the type and amount of nightmare conditions. As for the rewards, the prizes would stack, completing a mission with two nightmare conditions would give more rewards than wining it with only one nightmare condition making it more fair (since, at the moment, doesn't matter the conditions you face the prize is always a single mod).

In my humble opinion this would give the players room to plan their setup for the task ahead (removing the sensation of being punished or trolled), make the rewards more fair (since some nightmare missions are more troublesome than others) and also would allow levels to be playable at normal conditions at all times (at the moment if you want to farm a specific blueprint/resource and the level is on nightmare mode you're probably will need to change your plans).

In short:

1. The players chooses to play on normal or nightmare mode;

2. The players selects the nightmare conditions they will undertake;

3.  The rewards are based on the number and type of the conditions selected;

I'll be looking forward for your feedback.

Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language. Also, I will talk about the difficulty on another post (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89157-bullet-sponge-enemies-this-isnt-hard-this-is-boring/).

Edited by Lenzerker

3.HARDCORE effects:
-No shield
-double damage
-enemies have 2x more Health and Shields
-Energy Drain
-2x more enemies
-double bosses XD (wtf)
-the enemies have crio ammo (oh god xD)
-enemies move 2x faster
-all enemies have random warframe skills (no ultimates 4th skills, holly crap this will be hardcore and make gameplay more interesting : O)
-all enemies are invisible (visible only when they shot or melee attack)
-Stalker appear every 2 minutes (no Blueprint drops from him if this effect is on)
-No primary gun weapon
-No secondary gun/guns weapon
-No melee weapon (ammunition for guns will regenerate)

Because for me no minimap, low gravity, time and health drop is sh*t
health drop have no sense, if you make damage on the enemies your health is regenerating, so what is a point of Infested Posion? if you can easly regenerate Health.

In short:

1. Totally Agree

2. Disagree, leave them randomized

3. Agree, based on how nightmare'ish the mission is the better reward we should get

1. Totally Agree

2. Disagree, leave them randomized

3. Agree, based on how nightmare'ish the mission is the better reward we should get

Why do you think the conditions need to be random?

The problem with random conditions is that you can't properly prepare for the challenge ahead. As we all know some Warframes are better against some nightmare conditions than others. The way I see it selecting the conditions make the challenge more fair since the player is the one choosing which restrictions to face. Also this would be a relatively fast fix for nightmare mode since it would be easier for the developers to implement than figuring out which conditions works better for all the missions.

Random conditions always leave the felling of being unfair, because it strips the control from the player.

We already have too much randomness (random drops specially on bosses can be punishing).

Edited by Lenzerker

1- I also agree with that, should be interesting if players could select either nightmare or normal on any missions.

2- I don't agree with this one, but just because I think nightmare should also be an element of surprise, being part of the challenge not to know what to expect, and you try to cover all areas you can before going into a nightmare mission.

3- Also agree with this one, the reward would be based on a "pool" of the sum of nightmare mods active on the mission, like 1 point = no map, 2 points = no map + no shields, 3 points = no map + no shields + energy drain and so on...and also the CHANCE of some nightmare mods increasing, along with the possible pool of mods. 1 nightmare point would not drop X mod, 2 points would drop X mod at 1% chance, 3 points would drop same X mod with 3% chance, 4 points would drop same X mod with 6% chance. Hope this is easy to understand :)

In short:

1: Totally agree. Let the players have the power to choose their game play. When they are ready they'll step up.

2: Disagree.

3: Somewhat agree. The rewards could be based on the performance you did during play. Like the more kills the better the rewards in mods. The more crates you open the more loot you'll earn like double.

2- I don't agree with this one, but just because I think nightmare should also be an element of surprise, being part of the challenge not to know what to expect, and you try to cover all areas you can before going into a nightmare mission.

2: Disagree.

Still want to hear why do you think it should remain exclusively random.

For me surprise isn't a factor since there is a limited variety of conditions, if you don't know what you will face then you will need, as Sub-Zero_BR said, "cover all areas". This isn't the same than preparing for all the conditions?

Also if you can prepare for all the conditions it means you already know all the conditions so no surprise at all.

If you can prepare to something then you know what you might face, so there's no surprise at all.

Sorry but there's no surprise on nightmare mode, only randomness.

By the way, I'm not against a function to make the conditions random but this function can't be mandatory, it needs to be player choice.

If someone wants random conditions they could just select that.

Edited by Lenzerker

They should keep it randomized, but at the same time, limit to what debuffs can occur in different gameplay modes.

Energy drain in defense is the dumbest S#&$ ever. Either tone it the F*** down, or remove it completely.

i think in the options (to help people here) is you can pick the conditions OR there can be a option to randomize them with you picking a limit to the amount of them if you'd like. hows that sound? you can pick which ones you want or randomize them and randomizing it gives a extra bonus. say if you pick energy drain and no shields its +2 but if you randomize it and get the exact same its +3/+4 (depending if you just want to +1 for randomizing or x2 for every challenge on).

i think in the options (to help people here) is you can pick the conditions OR there can be a option to randomize them with you picking a limit to the amount of them if you'd like. hows that sound? you can pick which ones you want or randomize them and randomizing it gives a extra bonus. say if you pick energy drain and no shields its +2 but if you randomize it and get the exact same its +3/+4 (depending if you just want to +1 for randomizing or x2 for every challenge on).

Couldn't agree more. But I think it should be when you select a mission not on the options screen.

In short:

Or we could just put the nightmare missions on a new planet/area as actual endgame content instead of reusing the old content except now with "more nightmare" so everyone is prepared to do them instead of new players sooner or later accidentally activating it.

One of the major reasons that I would REALLY love to see the option to enable or disable nightmare mode is that I'm still farming for Warframe components and blueprints, and I had 2 days in a row where Fossa was ONLY available as a NM mission.

Which means I spent 2 days unable to chase that Rhino Helmet that I need... because even with my Excalibur as maxed as I can manage, it's still my first Warframe, and TOTALLY unfeasible for running ANYTHING as a NM mission.

Edit: Further kick in the shorts... Fossa is an NM mission again, which makes 3 of the last 4 days. Gee, thanks for encouraging me to enjoy the game as a time-sink.

Edited by Operator_Error

Please, please, please make nightmare mode for individual missions toggleable.

It seems that Psamathe is nightmare 50% of the time. Since this is the only mission in the game that (semi) reliably drops the hands down most essential crafting component there is, and Neptune got buffed by 30 levels in Update 9 as well, I would really like to be able to do it with energy, shields, and all those things that make Warframe enjoyable and playable.

I just played nightmare Psamathe because I needed control modules. We defeated Hyena and got a control module drop. Then we got a bonus spy (which, sidenote, never happened before one of the most recent patches. Assassinations were always single objectives). During the bonus spy the host disconnected which caused me to host migrate to a solo nightmare in which I had no shields or energy and which had the number of enemies of a three-person mission. Long story short, I used all of my revives and still failed the mission, thus not getting any control modules, because nightmare mode as it is right now is essentially unplayable if you get the wrong combination of effects.

Edited by holdenagincourt