Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Think We'll Ever See More Action-Y Scenes In Warframe?

WhiteCopain

(hopefully links to the 5min mark)

So a really cool thing about a lot of modern day games are how a lot of boss fights (or even normal parts!) can be broken up into different segments. This can include things like the video above where you run around buildings with people shooting at you, hoping from platform to platform (Or missile to missile in the above video's case), or even more simple things such as an area falling apart and you needing to run in order to stay alive.

Things like this are interesting if handled right. And while I'm not saying that this should become something used a ton in Warframe, does anyone else think it'd be kind of neat to see certain segments that are a bit more on the "Action" side as opposed to the current pace? I really think if these were done right it could be really interesting.

Edited by WhiteCopain

It would be nice, but then a lot of dedicated rushers will complain it's making their rushing too slow.

Which is why I think it would have to be done right in a lot of parts. Hell it could help rushing at time (Such as a building falling apart and having to escape it fast)

Different segments? Like Jackal? PLEASE NO!

Probably not. I mean maybe like one boss total having a special scene where you do cool stuff where as the others wouldn't do much like this (again, it has to be something rarely used to remain cool).

Though I think it would be cool if you had to finish Jackal or other bosses by depleting their HP and then a Teeno could press a button to do a cool execute.

Hm... Not sure if I get what you're talking about...

I mean, they tried to add rooms where the whole point was to figure out how to get across, and parkour your way through it. And it was not well received, unfortuneatly. Are you talking about that kind of thing?

Probably not. I mean maybe like one boss total having a special scene where you do cool stuff where as the others wouldn't do much like this (again, it has to be something rarely used to remain cool).

Though I think it would be cool if you had to finish Jackal or other bosses by depleting their HP and then a Teeno could press a button to do a cool execute.

I know what you mean, i was pointing out to Jackal, that already has "segments" in his fight and its one of the most hated and for many people #1 to avoid boss in the game, especialy horror when he gets into alert with level 70 and takes 20 minutes to take down.

On another note, boss finishers would be great addition, BUT not via QTE. Personaly iam of belief that QTE's shoud stay in cinematic heavy games (Heavy Rain) or as mini-games during conversations in RPGs (Mass Effect 2,3, The Witcher 2). Funtionaly it would be much better to press melee button to make an execute move as in style of Dragon Age or Darksiders. This could be expanded into smaller enemies, which if on low health, would trigger short execute.

Hm... Not sure if I get what you're talking about...

I mean, they tried to add rooms where the whole point was to figure out how to get across, and parkour your way through it. And it was not well received, unfortuneatly. Are you talking about that kind of thing?

I wouldn't say it wasn't well received, a lot of people like it. It's just the people who complain about every change ("Trading is the devil" "The Dojo PVP means the game is going to die in a month" etc) are whining about a change.

Anyway, I do mean similar things to that, but bigger and faster, but obviously a bit more obvious as to where you have to go (As you shouldn't really be stopping and looking around when you're trying to rush in games like that)

I wouldn't say it wasn't well received, a lot of people like it. It's just the people who complain about every change ("Trading is the devil" "The Dojo PVP means the game is going to die in a month" etc) are whining about a change.

Anyway, I do mean similar things to that, but bigger and faster, but obviously a bit more obvious as to where you have to go (As you shouldn't really be stopping and looking around when you're trying to rush in games like that)

People that are whining and complaining with no objective reason or constructive criticism... just show them this and see how they will like themselfs after it. But getting quite off topic here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOIZXxB1nlI

Anyway, i can say that mods do a good job in regulating those threads.

Edited by eStecko

I know what you mean, i was pointing out to Jackal, that already has "segments" in his fight and its one of the most hated and for many people #1 to avoid boss in the game, especialy horror when he gets into alert with level 70 and takes 20 minutes to take down.

On another note, boss finishers would be great addition, BUT not via QTE. Personaly iam of belief that QTE's shoud stay in cinematic heavy games (Heavy Rain) or as mini-games during conversations in RPGs (Mass Effect 2,3, The Witcher 2). Funtionaly it would be much better to press melee button to make an execute move as in style of Dragon Age or Darksiders. This could be expanded into smaller enemies, which if on low health, would trigger short execute.

I very much agree that QTEs, if put in, should remain limited, and I did not mean that a finisher should be one. Just a simple button for something quick and stylish rather than the boss just falling over. Hell it could be really interesting if the game was like this for every fight, but ONE time way late in the game a boss would fight back (like grab your arm) making you do a quick QTE, it'd be tasteful and interesting.

Honestly though, I think Jackal needs a change as a whole now that they're updating bosses to be more interesting (Even if Vor wasn't really that interesting of a fight, they're vastly improving over what they had). I think it'd be kind of neat if he got changes and to fit it into my idea it could be something close to death where he crashes through a wall, doesn't even have to be a cinematic, he could just do it mid fight as part of the script.

Edited by WhiteCopain