Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ability To Shoot/cut Off Parts Of The Enemies Bodies

Darth_Sith

As the title clearly says I want to suggestion the ability for players to cut/shoot of parts of the enemies bodies. I think this would make the game more dynamic because by remove a part of the body like the arm the enemies can't use that arm anymore. Which means they can no longer use their primary and will have to result to their secondary. Of course this idea will need balancing I created a list below to show how many shoots it would take to shot off a piece of the body.

Head: 9 Shoots

Arms: 5 Shoots

Leg: 7 Shoots (In this case the enemies will have to drag themselves kind of like Nazi zombies in Call of Duty, they can use both primary and secondary)

You see, the problem is that most of the enemies in the game would die if you removed their heads, arms, or legs.

In nine "shoots", most enemies would be dead, unless you're using something like a Grakata, in which case you could shred your enemies in less than three seconds.

@EetNotErn

in dead space u have like... um... 10 ammo?

there is only option to stay alive - disable enemies cause killing them with boot is more ammo effective but if they are not disabled they will rape you in melee

here u have Shtloads of ammo, Shtloads of ammo drops, and 8 times more Shtloads of ammo, slow debuff(ice) and aoe nuke

why would i care how many legs they have?

furthermore u plan on shooting off legs from every single charger when there are 50 of them? dont think so

even if u are, the pod will lie down faster than u reach half of that number

Edited by Pro3Display

Well anything that puts a little more tactic and immersion into this game is fantastic for me!Also,if you kill an enemy in 9 bullets or less,why not kill him in style?

-Also about the fact that most enemies would probably die out of severation of their limbs,Grinner are though *@##$es since their training so they could endure.Crewmen on the other hand are not warriors but Techs might ba able to withstand it!And MOAs...Well they´re frigin´ robots!

• 2 weeks later...

You see, the problem is that most of the enemies in the game would die if you removed their heads, arms, or legs.

In nine "shoots", most enemies would be dead, unless you're using something like a Grakata, in which case you could shred your enemies in less than three seconds.

I forgot the mention that the numbers would have to be changed so it's balanced. 

Edited by Darth_Sith

As the title clearly says I want to suggestion the ability for players to cut/shoot of parts of the enemies bodies. I think this would make the game more dynamic because by remove a part of the body like the arm the enemies can't use that arm anymore. Which means they can no longer use their primary and will have to result to their secondary. Of course this idea will need balancing I created a list below to show how many shoots it would take to shot off a piece of the body.

Head: 9 Shoots

Arms: 5 Shoots

Leg: 7 Shoots (In this case the enemies will have to drag themselves kind of like Nazi zombies in Call of Duty, they can use both primary and secondary)

One good shot from the HEK/LEX and such would be ideal for de-limbing. Snipetron Vandal would just straight up cause a massive hole in the chest if it was a torso shot, like getting a critical hit kill on a torso hit using the rifle weapons in Fallout 2 (giant hole is blown out, nice goretastic sound, the body twitches for a second and falls over).

One good shot from the HEK/LEX and such would be ideal for de-limbing. Snipetron Vandal would just straight up cause a massive hole in the chest if it was a torso shot, like getting a critical hit kill on a torso hit using the rifle weapons in Fallout 2 (giant hole is blown out, nice goretastic sound, the body twitches for a second and falls over).

You made my idea even better!