Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halls of Ascension / Orokin Principle Challenge Rooms

Once_Upon_A_Time

Question

I'm having no luck finding these on Lua, the Sedna Junction thing says that I have 1/3 mods from the Orokin Principle Challenge Rooms on Lua, but I have no idea when I'd gotten that. Can anyone tell me how to find these rooms(preferably on a capture mission)?

Edited by Once_Upon_A_Time

6 answers to this question

Ok, so you've most likely been through these rooms multiple times so far which brings us to the point, you need to learn how to recognize the rooms where you're in them

I'd recommend checking things on the internet such as the warframe wiki and youtube to get an idea of what the rooms look like and how to solve them and that will hopefully solve your problem

If running solo I did the hostage rescue mission on repeat and scoured the map, checking every corner till I found a room and prayed it was one I could solo. If not, I abandoned the mission and did it again till a soloable room spawned. 

If in a group - nothing like the capture missions. Run ahead, knock the target on the head, then run through the map in your best OCD mode checking each corner and you'll find one.

It was very, very rare that I didnt find a challenge room to run on Lua so they spawn frequently. If only that power room spawned more than just once for me...

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they spawn on exterminate crossfire, spy, mobile defence and survival missions, so you may not find them on capture.

The rooms tend to be near or on the path through the mission (at least for exterminate) and are indicated by long hanging blue pennants (although these are also used in a couple of other rooms, just to add to the confusion :-) ) - if you are fluent in tennoscript I believe the writing on these banners indicates the principle involved (e.g. stealth, speed)

There can be more than 1 room in a mission but I've never seen more than 2. 

1) Tubes arranged around a circular disc (N.B. not to be confused with the organ 'Simon Says' puzzle where Octavia part drops)

Shoot discs on the walls to open up tubes, jump from tube to tube shooting other discs without touching the ground. Titania makes this easy.

2) Pillar destruction (repeat of a boss fight in the quest)

To start it you shoot the plates to start waterfalls on either side

3) Stealth

Long room with lower and upper routes. Stepping on the start plate triggers bkkue lasers as well as the normal sort. Anyone (including enemies) that a blue laser touches fails the test. The aim is to reach a second plate on the lower level at the end of the room. Easy way to do this is if there are two of you - one goes the to end plate thenn the other starts the test. Done.

4) Orbs in the walls

Round room with 4 orbs on the walls, standing near them drains energy when one is full run to the next one etc. then make your way to the centrwe of the room and down the stairs.

5) Hovering plates

Cave like room with a big tower hanging from roof. Standing on the first plate brings others into play, but needs someone to remain on plate whilst additional person moves to next plate etc. Requires either multiple people or spectres to keep plates pressed whilst moving through the puzzle

6) Disc of lasers

Large disk surrounded by lasers. Triggering it by standing in the middle causes lasers to fire on you. Have to stand on the disc whilst a water tower fills up. Basically stand there and take it. Shield support recommended :-)

7) Speed

Indicated by a small room (not much wider than the corridor) with multiple laser plates on each side wall. There are two side corridors near this - one has thumper orbs and the other raising blocks. Start by shooting button over door, race to end avoiding closing doors and shoot end button. Can be repeated until successful.

HTH

I recommend combine looking for the challenge rooms with farming lua spy. Drops some good stuff, but takes a bit of practice and the right frame - limbo ez cheese - to learn the vaults. Maybe slower than the capture mission, but you cover most of the map anyway in spy and get much better rewards. And once you can speed run the vaults it's not bad at all. Run with a friend so you don't come across coaction/endurance and can't complete it.

I highly recommend you instead go to the crossfire extermination mission, because you could find at maximum three rooms, to a minimum of one room, without Octavia's challenge room for either pre-constructed Forma or her chassis, but this is how you recognize each challenge room:

Agility Drift: It looks like a room with giant pipes you'd usually see in an organ in a circular room.

Cunning Drift: (SECOND DREAM REQUIRED) Look for a room that would look like the Security Eye mini-boss fight.

Power Drift: Look for a room that has two orbs on each side of one big room, go near them, and see if they drain your energy.

Coaction Drift: Look for a giant room with a giant building in the center, and a circular plate on four entrances, and see if one lights up.

Endurance Drift: Look for a greater hall with a giant circular plate in the middle with lasers and a broken glass tube on an elevated platform.

Stealth Drift: Find a greater hall with a giant circular plate that is glowing before you, once activated, lasers will start, and the Stealth test has started.

Speed Drift: Look for a square room that bridges a hallway, with two hidden hallways on the side, then go on one side and look for a plate and door.

That's all the drift tests and how to recognize them, and here's how to beat them:

Agility: being good with your aim glide, bullet jumping, and air control, preferably Zephyr is good for this.

Cunning: any frame, just be prepared to dodge waves of almost insta-killing energy.

Power: just have maxed out flow/primed flow and full energy there, or run Limbo or with Energy Siphon.

Coaction: come prepared with specters or be with another person in your squad.

Endurance: Be prepared with Rhino/Rhino Prime, Limbo (if possible), and have large health restores ready.

Stealth: Any fast frame, preferably Loki/Loki Prime, Nova/Nova Prime, and just be good with dodging moving lasers.

Speed: Stay off the ground in those courses at ALL COSTS, or just bring Volt/Volt Prime with a max speed build, Zephyr, Loki/Prime, Nova/Prime, and be good with moving under pressure on a time limit, air control, and playing the floor is lava.