The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Build Vasto With Crit Mods?

MasterKT

Question

7 answers to this question

Sidearm wise, if you really want to try crit build, Vasto is definitely a top pick.

To complete a true crit build requires a lot of investment though, potato + a couple forma.

The end result would be wicked... for early to mid-late game, but it'll still lose out to a standard build acrid / despair in the endgame.

Since the game isn't just T3 void def or high wave def challenge though, it's perfectly reasonable to make that investment and have a great time with it for non-endgame levels which you'll always spend a good chunk of play time in.

If you want further elaborations, data and hard numbers, just say the word.

Edited by finalgenesis

Sidearm wise, if you really want to try crit build, Vasto is definitely a top pick.

To complete a true crit build requires a lot of investment though, potato + a couple forma.

The end result would be wicked... for early to mid-late game, but it'll still lose out to a standard build acrid / despair in the endgame.

Since the game isn't just T3 void def or high wave def challenge though, it's perfectly reasonable to make that investment and have a great time with it for non-endgame levels which you'll always spend a good chunk of play time in.

If you want further elaborations, data and hard numbers, just say the word.

I don't mind since I already got despair, just wanted to use Vasto atm.

so the crit build for Vasto should mostly be

-hornet strike

-target cracker

-pistol gambit

-no return

-gunslinger

-quick draw

-barrel diffusion

-one of elemental mod? 

I don't mind since I already got despair, just wanted to use Vasto atm.

so the crit build for Vasto should mostly be

-hornet strike

-target cracker

-pistol gambit

-no return

-gunslinger

-quick draw

-barrel diffusion

-one of elemental mod? 

I think you can drop Gunslinger and Quick Draw because the base rate of fire and reload are fast enough. Instead, you can replace those with Ice Storm and Deep Freeze for extra ice damage and a bigger clip.

I think you can drop Gunslinger and Quick Draw because the base rate of fire and reload are fast enough. Instead, you can replace those with Ice Storm and Deep Freeze for extra ice damage and a bigger clip.

^

A level 2 ice storm can give you +2 shots, along with the slow and a bit of shield stripping power.

The 2 slots saved from Gunslinger and quick draw should be used for damage, to give the crit a bit more substance to amplify.

It can be fire mod vs infested, electricity vs corpus.

I would recommend a maxed anti-faction mod too, the number looks small but it amplifies elemental damage (including the much needed AP) and gives a bit more for the critical to work with.

I agree to change reload speed and fire rate mods with something else, Vasto is already quick enough and put in Ice Storm + something at your choice,

considering its base 15% cc the Vasto is good for crit builds allowing you to reach a nice 30-35% cc which is very nice.

If i'm gonna build it i'd surely go for crit build too (too bad the crit dmg mod (target cracker) only goes up to 60% dmg)

Edited by Phoenix86