The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon for Hunter munition mod

(PSN)HANSY79

15 hours ago, yles9056 said:

Amprex can hit multiple enemies by default. Punch through is unnecessary.

1 hour ago, kuciol said:

Because its pointless on it. This is this guns mechanic, the bolts hit many targets by default, even through doors.

Punch is very viable on Amprex and in same way on Atomos. You might even consider having riven with PT as third stat, nothing increases dmg of it more. Each enemy you shoot through gives you more lightning/fire chains and a big boost to overall dps. But for Hunters munition I would definitely go with Viral over Corrosive.

2 minutes ago, -Trey- said:

Punch is very viable on Amprex and in same way on Atomos. You might even consider having riven with PT as third stat, nothing increases dmg of it more. Each enemy you shoot through gives you more lightning/fire chains and a big boost to overall dps. But for Hunters munition I would definitely go with Viral over Corrosive.

I didn't know Atomos does that as well. I might have to take another look at my Atomos build and see about working it in...

I also agree with Viral with Munitions, ESPECIALLY next to the Corrosive alternative, as Corro + Muni is insanely redundant. The problem with that on Amprex is, obviously, that you'd need two mods to get Viral. Not really "problem," I suppose, since most guns have that "problem" anyway.

But ultimately, I feel like if you're gonna run Muni Amprex, my setup is what you should do. With the possibility of changing out Sinister Reach for something else, but that can't really end up going Viral with 1 mod.

Dunno. Some good food for thought, however.

17 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

I didn't know Atomos does that as well. I might have to take another look at my Atomos build and see about working it in...

I also agree with Viral with Munitions, ESPECIALLY next to the Corrosive alternative, as Corro + Muni is insanely redundant. The problem with that on Amprex is, obviously, that you'd need two mods to get Viral. Not really "problem," I suppose, since most guns have that "problem" anyway.

But ultimately, I feel like if you're gonna run Muni Amprex, my setup is what you should do. With the possibility of changing out Sinister Reach for something else, but that can't really end up going Viral with 1 mod.

Dunno. Some good food for thought, however.

There is no point using Hunter Munitions on Amprex because bad ammo efficiency at high level (where slash procs kill). But if you really want to use the mod, try this build.

jsr9kIh.jpg

Or this if you use Vigilante mods on your warframe:

B4iHlD3.jpg

I use 1st build since forever (replace HM with Sinister Reach) and have no problem clear a room full of trash in a flash.

21 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Again, no punch. Big mistake.

Yes, the ammo efficiency does kill the gun. But like, if I wanted to clear trash, I just wouldn't run Muni.

Also, punch HELPS the ammo efficiency, by the way.

I don't know man, ~6k-12k mistakes/s to a random level 60 grinneer's head and ~2-5k mistakes/s to his comrades seems good enough for me. Do i even need punch though ? No.

Anyway, if punch though works better for you then i have no argue. To each his own.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2017 at 5:59 PM, 4thBro said:

Yeahhhhhhh, but I disagree. It's rather weak.

Kind of goes in with my Soma complaint, except that I've actually tested out the Amprex. Mine's f***ing 7x Forma'd, and it's a big regret. The math backs up the shortcomings of the in-game results, too.

One moment and I'll show you the compared stats between Amprex and Lenz in an edit...

----------

2aUBoum.jpg

This is my Amprex setup. Ummmmmm I forget why that 7th Forma is there, because as you can clearly see, it's not required... I think it's for when I might want to try non-Sinister Reach setups though, so that makes sense.

Anyway... As you can see from the config title, this setup reaches 733 bleeding DPS per target the beam hits (multiplied directly by how many targets it hits).

I had my first time REALLY being able to test this thing out today, with the 3rd Sortie of augmented enemy armor. And I have to tell you... ... It was INSANELY weak. Packs of infested, and you'd think that's my playground. But it wasn't. I found myself slowly hacking away at them. I was able to kill them, yes. But not even always in the same clip. If it was a sole, somewhat-beefy infested, it would take maybe 2 clips to down them. While admittedly a lot stronger htan that the larger the groups are, it still... caps off. And it's just not that strong. I found myself out of ammo in no time, and I run Carrier. When I swapped to my Mara Detron with a corrosive setup (and not even any punch through due to lack of Formas), I had a much better time.

Now let's compare that to my Lenz.

MUS1WGv.png

I feel like this should say it right there.

12k, that is to say, 12 thousand bleeding DPS... ON TOP of the raw 101k instant DPS. How can an Amprex's 733 - three digits - compare to the 5 digits of Lenz? And this is strictly in regards to the bleeding purposes of Hunter Munitions. Why take an Amprex against heavily-armored units? It's just incredibly weak. I don't even feel like Lenz is the best user of Munitions, either. And at the very least, I feel like this exemplifies the fact that weak hitters are still going to be weak hitters. If you want something like the Amprex or Soma to kill relevant & armored enemies, it CAN be done, but you're going to obliterate your ammo in doing so.

Lol metal auger on a weapon that automatically chains to all enemies in range already? 

Edited by (PS4)BiG_ViC_589