Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star highlights fishing problem

(XBOX)Tucker D Dawg

Why the Hek can't we use quick melee or warframe abilities with spear equipped?

We can dual wield weapons but this doesnt work?

With the (#%*%# infested coming at you non stop -even if you bring a frame than can just ignore them (any frame with any survivability mods) they still constanly jump in the path of your spear or the spear seems to get thrown sideways as if it is auto targeting them.

This basically limits fishing during Plague to Ivara to stealth (which still doesn't work that well since the infested swarm you even when invis) or wide aoe killers like equinox or ember who can leave their 4th on neither of which I enjoy.

Annoying AF!

I completely agree that fishing is massively limited by the presence of the Infested, who seem to be drawn to you from kilometers away by some magical instinct like moths to a flame - I once timed it, and was getting an infested group jumping me every 15 seconds, long enough to try to go back to fishing, but not long enough to actually DO any!

However, I did find that if you keep an eye out for pods dropping, and make an effort to clear pods in the vicinity, you can usually get 5-10 minutes uninterrupted, sometimes longer, and even then you might only see a single enemy spawn.  It seems like the infested pods are the key, kill them and no more drop nearby for a while - not perfect, but quieter.