Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan and Dojo Maintenance and Administration Changes

DarknessShallReign

I would like to see some changes to the clan system in Warframe, as a Warlord. Right now we aren't provided much information on Tennos who join the clan, or the clan itself.

1. Adding to the Clan statistics page: Right now it serves solely as a sort of duplicate of a Tenno's page. It doesn't seem to add anything. I would like to be able to see actual info on the clan itself, such as when it was created, max members, perhaps a longer version of the MOTD where a clan summary can be written, graph of growth/time (this is just because I personally like this kind of thing), clan comments/discussion thread.
    1. To expand on the discussion thread, this is something I would really like to have. It would be a place where the Warlord (and Tenno's with permission) can create dedicated threads, and everyone could interact. Rather than the existing chat where everything only lasts until you log off, you could have continuous conversations here. Clan members can discuss improvements, organize events, alert higher-ups to issues, and just talk. Currently we have to go to a third party to get this, and the problem with that is that many people are not driven enough to do so. If there is a text discussion area, that solves this issue.
  2. Adding Member Statistics: I would really like to see more information about my clan members. As of now all I can see are donations. I would like to know more about a member when considering them for promotion. For example:
    1. Date they joined the guild
    2. Date since last promotion
    3. Donations since last promotion
    4. Total time spent on warframe since joining guild (so I know they are still active rather than coming on every week for one minute so the "Last Logged On" timer resets).
    5. Stats on individual clan activities, such as fastest obstacle course run (or just stick a name on fastest in clan statistics).
    6. Forum posts (if 1 is implemented)
    7. Members recruited
    8. Other area. This would be a write-in area where someone can write a note on their profile, would not be visible to anyone but who wrote the note. So if I wanted to remember that this guy proposed three event ideas and hosted one, I could write it there so I don't forget. 
  3. Dojo Improvements: I just have a few recommendations here, but I will link to a thread which I thought proposed some good Ideas.
    1. When decorating, I would like a key that holds the object in place while you move around it. Right now if I want to look at the current placement of an object I need to set it down and walk around it. If it is off I then need to move it again, which screws up the placement and I have to start over. So in decorating mode I could press control, freezing the object in place, I could check to make sure it is correctly lined up. If not I could press control again (or release) and it would become movable again, but not snap to my camera focus.
    2. I would like to see more reason for members to go to the clan dojo, such as new rooms devoted to team activities, duels, or competitive games.
    3. I do not have need of this right now and the discussion thread would negate this for my purposes, but I like the idea of "Silent Rooms" and the ability in general to alter voice chat. 
      1. The ability to alter voice chat meaning that I can mute members outside of the current room, or listen to the dojo as a whole. Members with a certain permission (perhaps chat moderator) could mute people in the dojo or rooms. This way an announcement could be made to the dojo by temporary muting, with the announcer speaking in dojo-chat.
      2. Silent rooms would be a label you can add to a specific room which would mute everyone outside the room and only allow you to be heard by those inside the room or the Warlord/those with permission. This would be for moderation, but if privacy is a worry then an alert could be posted when a member is listening. I don't think that there would really be any issue so this is kind of iffy for me.
      3. I would also like to be able to phase decorations through each other. For instance, if I want to add a tree but want it to be on a patch of sand and grass, I would take a statue decoration, set it down, and phase a tree through the decoration so that it covers and takes the place of the statue. Now from the outside it looks like a tree on a patch of grass and sand.
    4. Banners, Interaction-Based Items, and User-Submitted Decorations: These would add more customization and uniqueness to a clan's dojo.
      1. Banners would be similar to the screens you can add to your own landing craft, but larger and stylized towards the dojo. You could post a banner above a doorway and write in text, such as displaying what is in the next room, or on a larger banner perhaps a set of rules.
      2. Interaction based items would be something anyone can interact with. Physical message boards where a member can leave a comment. Or decorations where members can alter the look or functionality of the specific item. Not sure what that would be, but it would be interesting to see something that anyone can change.
      3. User submitted decorations would be like the steam workshop, perhaps coming from there. There can be a section of the website where a Tenno can submit their workshop item to Warframe. A team can review it, and if it is determined to be safe will be added to a "community" tab of the decorations menu. Updates would either also have to be checked or simply sent as new items. This would allow for greater customization and interaction between community members. 
      1. And here is the link to the other thread: 

So those are my ideas and suggestions, if any are already available please let me know. And if you have any other suggestions or questions please comment.

Edit: Additional Suggestions from Reddit

1. Improved Clan UI
    1. Downloadable clan member listing and statistics info.
    2. The ability to view the clan roster as a full one page (or at least more than 19) listing.
    3. Issues with the ui in the roster area clipping out of the screen. The log also does not give much information. Imgur link: AHMm9tC.jpg
Edited by DarknessShallReign
Formatting + information

• 4 weeks later...