Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person or Third Person ?

Zethurus

Hello, I would like to propose another point of view ... If you pardon the pun.

(note : English is not my mother tong. I humbly apologize in advance for any silly thing that my appear in that message)

I would really enjoy an FPS view ...

As an old FPS player (talking marathon, doom and quake area) I'm always sad when seeing shooters going for the TPS option ... especialy since most of the FPS coming out nowdays are more or less clones of each other if not in the whole backround, at least in the game mechanics ...

I do not mind TPS when aiming is ''dispensable'' ... For example Global agenda was a class based game, TPS wasnt an isssue (for me) since aiming was easy -> no recoil, slow moving target, no bullet drops, unlimited ammos, weapons behaving basicly the same way etc ... <- and the core of the game was using the right power/ability at the right time.

In Warframe you have classic FPS mechanics and though the game is highly enjoyable in TPS, an FPS pov (with a FOV slider ? :p ) would greatly improve how you can interact with some of the guns (latron or bolt guns for exemple). At least for those who wish(es ?) it.

(again i'm thinking gunplay here since the powers are basicly rushing into thing, trowing things at people and casting AOE, things that can be done in both FPS or TPS pov, and again you could always switch views)

What could suffer from an FPS perspective would be the swordy and hamery play... this is where TPS is required since most games that tried to combine mele and FPS failed at some point, until the recent chivalry (I said most, this is not a MeleFPS hating post ;p).

So having the ability to switch from pov would be great, if not fantastic.

Basicly having the choice between two things that are mostly related to preference is always a great asset for a game... (like a fov slider ... ok I'm going out :p)

I will not hate you for not doing so. and I praise you for considering it.

edit : some people maybe thing that the ''platforming'' side of the game (wallrun/jumps and slide) would be incompatible with an FPS view, I would recomend them to check some tricksjumps on games such as Quake III arena, Unreal Tournament and Urban Terror :p . FPS and tricks are old pals.