Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways To Implement A Trading System And Avoid Abuses

jpvi1207

well ive been seeing many trading systems in games and ive noticed some things that should be taken seriously:

1.Rank limit to avoid account spamming (not a ridiculous rank of course, but not one that would let spammers create accounts level them adn trade)

2.Time limit to trading capability (weekend only bazaar could be great to not abuse the system)

3.item stat displayer

4.trust points (you will rank the other player to see if hes trustworthy for a trade or not, this is a huge critical to scamming)

5.if premium currency is used, it must be first confirmed many times and an IP tracker would track both players IPs to avoid account spam

6.scammer punishments

7.a DE vigilating the trade system

8.scammer report button

9.a channel exclusive to trading

10 and last. a trading plaza or a map specific to trading would be nice and it would avoid global/clan/etc chats going crazy with spam

hope this is usefull to DE and please if you have any constructive opinion about these trade characteristics please leave a post and tell me what to modify/add and ill edit it if its logical

I just think trading should be an unlockable feature after a certain mastery level, and have it similar to WoW, where each person can trade several things at once as well as currency. So lets say the two of you decide (on your own, and not because of some annoying rules) that you are going to trade a rare mod card against 50k credits (you know.... when credits are a bit more useful).

well ive been seeing many trading systems in games and ive noticed some things that should be taken seriously:

1.Rank limit to avoid account spamming (not a ridiculous rank of course, but not one that would let spammers create accounts level them adn trade)

2.Time limit to trading capability (weekend only bazaar could be great to not abuse the system)

3.item stat displayer

4.trust points (you will rank the other player to see if hes trustworthy for a trade or not, this is a huge critical to scamming)

5.if premium currency is used, it must be first confirmed many times and an IP tracker would track both players IPs to avoid account spam

6.scammer punishments

7.a DE vigilating the trade system

8.scammer report button

9.a channel exclusive to trading

10 and last. a trading plaza or a map specific to trading would be nice and it would avoid global/clan/etc chats going crazy with spam

hope this is usefull to DE and please if you have any constructive opinion about these trade characteristics please leave a post and tell me what to modify/add and ill edit it if its logical

Here Sir, take my Up.

Good ideas and this game just needs a trading system. Or at least a stash for the clan.

Plat for items is bad, but for credits or 1 on 1 trade sounds good

was thinking the same, ill try to meditate how to make plat trading possible without it being abused, limited amounts would work (20 plat per trade and an AI could run a scan if the deal is reazonable or not, maybe even a double confirmation to make the trade and the trade being registered in a hard drive, all your trades would be registered on your account info along the trust rank)

these are good ideas but one of them has a hole in it. #4 if its a Troll they could just have their troll friends up vote them to make them seem like a good trader and you trust a stat more than the person. now i don't know about alot of people but a stat can be changed easily and i don't feel comfortable looking at a stat to know if someone is someone i can trust.

if i may suggest something. instead of being able to trade an entire item you can trade its BP only. and components. AND if it was, say a Warframe BP/Component BP, it'd tell you the total cost of buying the entire set so i.e. 100,000 credits for a Frost Prime component and the BP for himself is 200,000 then its 500,000 for him in total (i know Frost Prime would be worth way much more but thats what i was looking at during this time).

these are good ideas but one of them has a hole in it. #4 if its a Troll they could just have their troll friends up vote them to make them seem like a good trader and you trust a stat more than the person. now i don't know about alot of people but a stat can be changed easily and i don't feel comfortable looking at a stat to know if someone is someone i can trust.

if i may suggest something. instead of being able to trade an entire item you can trade its BP only. and components. AND if it was, say a Warframe BP/Component BP, it'd tell you the total cost of buying the entire set so i.e. 100,000 credits for a Frost Prime component and the BP for himself is 200,000 then its 500,000 for him in total (i know Frost Prime would be worth way much more but thats what i was looking at during this time).

this is scaled from total rank point amounts(maybe even friends wouldnt count), and frost prime you need to calculate the difficulty of obtaining his parts and BP plus obtaining keys, he would be around 2 mil credits (like if that was alot)

edit: thanks for this, you enlightened me about this defect, though take in mind the 8. scammer button, this would send data to a hard drive and could be processed as common info in an office, maybe even a software that classifies the trading situations which gave the scammer his golden shot

Edited by jpvi1207