Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Alternative To Nightmare Mode

Blackhawk12

Good Afternoon All,

I personally have no real issue with current nightmare mode however can help but notice many people complaining about it.....Ex. horrible conditions......unwinnable combinations.......always getting same conditions.......

That got me to thinking.....How can nightmare mode improve to keep the whiners from crying about everything :-)

Taking inspiration from the Halo Skulls i came up the following points that should ultimately allow for real gamers to play with maximum difficulty and more casual gamers the ability to add difficulty to the game without making to challenging for them....

1. Make modifiers optional:

While available maps should still alternate as it does, allow the players to choose the modifiers they use.

2. (continuing on 1)  Include random button:

with modifiers being optional allow players to vote random allowing for higher value rewards than when modifiers are chosen.

3. unlimited modifiers:

instead of only having 3 modifiers ex. vampire, low gravity, ice, allow for unlimited modifiers while of course limiting combinations ex. no shield, ice since one cancels out the other. Once again the more difficulty is added, the higher the reward

4. Tier based rewards:

By tier based rewards i mean that based on difficulty level of the run the player runs, they would receive an appropriate  prize the highest tier only being available if ex. all modifiers are used.

5. more modifier options:

while yes nightmare is still new more modifiers are still required while i do enjoy being a vampire i do desire more options  ex. 'Famine' causes no energy to drop on map and reduces 'Energy Siphon' by half,

or 'Elitest' promotes all enemies to elite version ( having significantly more health and doing more damage)

more ideas will be posted as they come

feel free to throw your ideas in here

have a nice day

Hell mode can be added where the ship is always on fire and exploding and you have to somehow navigate through it as every obstacle could be deadly to both you and grineer. And there is a time limit or not. it could be any objective, any reason for entering an exploding ship. Destructible environments, etc.

there are explosions everywhere which could alter the path and open otherwise locked doors. This all reminds me of Split/Second.

The reward can be something nice like new sentinel mods or a Sentinel's thief Wit for modules.