The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Ether Or Reaper Prime?

Enomilli

Question

8 answers to this question

Reaper Prime is a Normal Attack weapon.

You asked for end game. The armor ignore on the Dual Ether normal attacks are better than the non armor ignore normal attacks on the Reaper Prime with how the health and armor scale.

Who knows maybe the Reaper Prime might be better with normal attacks at end game due to the damage difference and the damage done by elemental mods, but I don't have the ability to do the math for it.

But both weapons charge attacks ignore armor, so the stronger one wins out hence Reaper Prime at 160, it also benefits more from the charge attack mods.

Edited by FateZero

repear primes best thing is it's cc. the stagger and it's large AOE with knockdown (and it looks cool).

the other weapon to consider is orthos no cc but extra multi hit, excellent reach and both good normals and charge attacks (almost the contrast to reaper),

I have used all three and they are all usefull and all fun in their own way (the ethers normal is just so fast and effective (it was my first weapon after scindo  so maybe it was just awesome in comparision I should go back to it and see if it still holds up))

For end game, we will just consider pressure point + sundering strike + rendering strike = 120% base damage + 150%AP

Choose reaper prime.

Dual ether: Base damage after pressure point = 66

Armor piercing damage                  =66*150% = 99

Total                                               = 165

Reaper prime: Base damage after pressure point = 110

Armor piercing damage                  =110*150% = 165

Treat base damage as zero because non-armor ignoring. So in the end is the same for uber armor non-grineer high end enemies. Speed wise hard to judge as their attack animation is different. I would say is the same.

But anything with less uber armor or is a grineer, Reaper prime is much better.

Edited by Definitegj

Every charge attack ignores armor. Hence the reason why DE swords are normal attack weapons while Dual Heat Swords are charge attack weapon. I have both DE and RP and i must say that both are good. While you will mostly use guns i advise getting Reaper because most of the time when you need melee weapon you will be surrounded by 3+ mobs.

Edited by RoboDog