Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Challenging Mission Ideas! (UPDATED)

ACULonSeer

One of the arguments i made in my recent "retouch the mastery system" post is that in most of the gameplay, the high-level skills you learn from the Mastery Tests arent necessarily needed ingame. Sure being a parkour genie is fun, but ive completed countless missions by just sprinting and shooting (with sonicor).

My suggestion is that there should be a couple new missions and mission designs added to really challenge the player to improve on certain skills:

-Spy mission that involves several people all hacking an entire room full of terminals before a timer runs out. This would definitely be a Corpus-focused mission, with alot of security cameras and lasergates and Bursa that spawn every time an alarm is triggered. Making it through the mission with fewer alarms triggered will make the security consoles at the end less difficult to hack. Ciphers should be disabled for this mission.

-An extermination mission consisting of scaling a vertical cliff-face (fighting while climbing and walljumping) This one was inspired by a scene from Star Wars the Clone Wars Episode 21: Scaling The Cliff. In it, a huge army of Clones is forced to climb a completely vertical cliff to reach the base at the top. Ziplines and wallclimbing tanks are used in the show, but Warframes should be able to just walljump their way to the top. The cliff should be extremely high but its surface should be pretty smooth, so as to prevent collision issues. As far as wall-based enemies, these might have to be completely re-engineered from scratch. I suggest making Grineer soldiers that walk around with ziplines, or at the very least a bunch of jetpack troopers. 

-A boss that prevents players from touching the ground at all. This should be an Infested boss swimming in some sort of toxic pool. Falling results in instadeath. Players would be forced to rely on riplines, midair hovering, and mad parkour skills to stay alive as the boss sprays acid at the walls and attempts to grab players with tentacles.

-Killing a squad of Grineer suicide bombers before they detonate (might be a little offensive, but the idea would be fun) 

-Enemies that will parry spam-melees, forcing you to use complex combos.

Sure some of these would prevent DE from using their premade tilesets, especially the vertical combat one. However, i think the potential reward of making missions like these would far outweigh the difficulties in making them.

Share your ideas below!

Edited by ACULonSeer

Forced co-op immediately turns off a sizable portion of the playerbase. See Trials.

How is this different than the existing Exterminate other than a completely new set of tiles that need to be made/tested/are incompatible with other tiles?

15 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Forced co-op immediately turns off a sizable portion of the playerbase. See Trials.

How is this different than the existing Exterminate other than a completely new set of tiles that need to be made/tested/are incompatible with other tiles?

It would force the use of higher-level skills instead of just DPSing the boss in a speedrun over and over. A boss that you have to fight while constantly walljumping would be difficult at any level, which prevents endgame players from steamrolling it. As far as the cliff battle, it just seemed logical due to our wall-climbing abilities. The terminal hacking was inspired by a certain Mastery Test where you have to frantically solve a bunch of terminals in about a minute. I thought it was funny that you never really have to deal with that much puzzle-solving in normal missions.