Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Molecular Prime In Relation To Other Abilities

oremaster100

I am very pleased with the constant addition of new warframes to the game. I think the the devs are doing a wonderful job. I think that one things needs to be altered with the new warframe, Nova. I personally am a huge fan of Mag. While playing defense i could rely mostly on crush in the low waves and rack up the kills. However with the introduction of Molecular Prime, I am no longer getting credit for all of my kills. I will activate crush and a Player using Nova will run up and Prime all the enemies. My crush ability then kills all the enemies and blows them up. I still receive my xp and all the important things, but in the end of the mission report and in my personal stats I don't get the credit for the kills. I will do a wave 10-15 defense and do roughly 45% of all the damage, but get only 7 kills. I know this isn't majorly game changing, but i think that if an enemy is killed by a player, that player should get the credit for the kill. 

Edit: After reading through this post for a while I have come to terms with the fact that end of mission stats don't matter. I think that my real problem with Nova (and Mag, Saryn, etc.) is that the ultimate ability on most frames is to easily and commonly spammed. The spamming of powerful ultimate abilities such as Molecular Prime takes away from the experience of other players unless their ONLY end goal is wave 100 Xini and maximum affinity. A good portion of the players want to use the guns they have worked so hard to rank up and mod. The spamming of "Hit 4 to clear room" abilities takes away from that. I think that the answer to this problem is more depth in ultimate ability usage. 

Edited by oremaster100

Molecular prime should credit kills to the person who detonates it. This has been discussed elsewhere.

But really ore, you shouldn't be worrying about end of match kill counts. They're just for people with limp deflated egos. 

I know it isn't important. I just think that it is something small that they can fix to make the game that much better.

Then I demand xp to be given and kills awarded to me for enemies that butt rape each other due to mind control and Chaos.

But I say, there are better things to fix and worry about than these.

How would it improve the game? Enlighten me.

Then I demand xp to be given and kills awarded to me for enemies that butt rape each other due to mind control and Chaos.

But I say, there are better things to fix and worry about than these.

I understand that this isn't an important thing to fix. I agree that Kills should be awarded to Nyx for using chaos. I was not aware that Nyx did not receive credit for that. There are many more things that could or should be fixed before this. It would make the game better in my opinion because I will be able to know my contributions to the team effort. That makes the game better for me.

I am very pleased with the constant addition of new warframes to the game. I think the the devs are doing a wonderful job. I think that one things needs to be altered with the new warframe, Nova. I personally am a huge fan of Mag. While playing defense i could rely mostly on crush in the low waves and rack up the kills. However with the introduction of Molecular Prime, I am no longer getting credit for all of my kills. I will activate crush and a Player using Nova will run up and Prime all the enemies. My crush ability then kills all the enemies and blows them up. I still receive my xp and all the important things, but in the end of the mission report and in my personal stats I don't get the credit for the kills. I will do a wave 10-15 defense and do roughly 45% of all the damage, but get only 7 kills. I know this isn't majorly game changing, but i think that if an enemy is killed by a player, that player should get the credit for the kill. 

Would you prefer Rhino Stomp or Miasma that do the same thing?

Would you prefer Rhino Stomp or Miasma that do the same thing?

Maybe I was a tad too specific. As a minor thing that will make a small percentage of the player base happy, any player who causes the killing damage to an enemy, should be credited that kill not only in damage dealt, but kills in the mission. That is all I want. 

KIlls and kill rankings should be taken entirely out of the game.

It should be replaced by "percentage power effect"; the number of mobs as a % affected by your abilities,

eg, a team encountered 10 mobs in a game. nova used prime on all 10, nyx used chaos, mag used crush.

nova gets 100%, nyx gets 100%, mag gets 100%, indicating all of them did something equivalent.

KIlls and kill rankings should be taken entirely out of the game.

It should be replaced by "percentage power effect"; the number of mobs as a % affected by your abilities,

eg, a team encountered 10 mobs in a game. nova used prime on all 10, nyx used chaos, mag used crush.

nova gets 100%, nyx gets 100%, mag gets 100%, indicating all of them did something equivalent.

I love this solution. Thank you for posting it.

Do people whining about molecular prime realise that the caster is actually at a disadvantage when it comes to affinity???

The Nova only gets warframe affinity, but the teammates get the same amount of warframe affinity as the Nova AND affinity for their 3 equipped weapons...

Tell me again, what does having a higher kill count and damage dealt give you??

Do people whining about molecular prime realise that the caster is actually at a disadvantage when it comes to affinity???

The Nova only gets warframe affinity, but the teammates get the same amount of warframe affinity as the Nova AND affinity for their 3 equipped weapons...

Tell me again, what does having a higher kill count and damage dealt give you??

It gives me nothing but the satisfaction of knowing exactly how much i helped out on the mission. Thank you for informing me of that information on affinity.

It gives me nothing but the satisfaction of knowing exactly how much i helped out on the mission. Thank you for informing me of that information on affinity.

There is no way to quantify your contribution to a team, except for the one mentioned above (percentage of enemies affected by your powers). And even then, you are no longer taking into account kills and assists using guns.

There are way too many skills that while not doing any damage are still very useful. How would you quantify Frost's contribution when he uses Snowglobe?? Technically, it didn't affect any enemies (unless they got inside the Snowglobe) and it didn't do any damage. But, would your team have gotten to wave 50 without it??

Edited by S3raph

Maybe I was a tad too specific. As a minor thing that will make a small percentage of the player base happy, any player who causes the killing damage to an enemy, should be credited that kill not only in damage dealt, but kills in the mission. That is all I want. 

What about assists?

There is no way to quantify your contribution to a team, except for the one mentioned above (percentage of enemies affected by your powers). And even then, you are no longer taking into account kills and assists using guns.

There are way too many skills that while not doing any damage are still very useful. How would you quantify Frost's contribution when he uses Snowglobe?? Technically, it didn't affect any enemies (unless they got inside the Snowglobe) and it didn't do any damage. But, would your team have gotten to wave 50 without it??

This is a good point. Perhaps there isn't an easy way to weigh a team mates contribution to the mission. After reading all these comments, I now know that kills are a very ineffective way to measure anything in Warframe.

Removing kills from the end game report wont solve everything. Nova players mostly (and Saryn and Rhino to a lesser extent) will continue to annoy the **** out of other players every now and then.

In one match I was Saryn. There was a Nova in team, a Frost and an Ash. The mission was Narcissus on Pluto. That Nova had some obsession with getting kills, so even if a cluster of mobs were almost about to die he had to M.Prime them to get the kills. Though he was careful not run into them and die, so I was fine with that (I hate Novas who make me go into enemies and revive them).

BUT, that Frost and Ash became SUPER annoyed, they wanted to get some kills too, and everytime they were about to kill something, Nova appeared out of nowhere and bam, kill steal. So at wave 10, Frost didnt put snow globe. He and Ash started shooting each other and completely ignored the mission. Me and Nova were barely able to survive. We killed enemies though, by shameless ult spam. Well... that Nova was spamming ult anyways, but that situation made me do it too (and I hate to do it). And yea, we chose the convulsion reward and mission was done. Was that fun for me ? Certainly No.

Edited by rksk16it

Removing kills from the end game report wont solve everything. Nova players mostly (and Saryn and Rhino to a lesser extent) will continue to annoy the **** out of other players every now and then.

In one match I was Saryn. There was a Nova in team, a Frost and an Ash. The mission was Narcissus on Pluto. That Nova had some obsession with getting kills, so even if a cluster of mobs were almost about to die he had to M.Prime them to get the kills. Though he was careful not run into them and die, so I was fine with that (I hate Novas who make me go into enemies and revive them).

BUT, that Frost and Ash became SUPER annoyed, they wanted to get some kills too, and everytime they were about to kill something, Nova appeared out of nowhere and bam, kill steal. So at wave 10, Frost didnt put snow globe. He and Ash started shooting each other and completely ignored the mission. Me and Nova were barely able to survive. We killed enemies though, by shameless ult spam. Well... that Nova was spamming ult anyways, but that situation made me do it too (and I hate to do it). And yea, we chose the convulsion reward and mission was done. Was that fun for me ? Certainly No.

No one seems to get annoyed when my Rhino kills everything, yet they get mad at her. interesting. Should be easier to steal kills with the new helmet and max Rush and Dual Zorens.

I find that Nova's issue isn't racking up all the kills, but rather blocking the other 3 members from contributing. As others have stated, team mates receive xp, and kills themselves don't carry much value.

A range decrease would help bring it in line with other 4th abilities.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

It depends on the player though, some players don't mind NOva taking all the kills, less work for them and they get XP.

And at times, Nova is just the only one who can take on waves.

I did up to wave 15 with 2 frosts on xini because our ash left at 4.To say the least, pressing 4 pretty much the only efficient wave to clear a room like this.

Well as I say this game nova is true I take your deaths and damage also tell you that you get as much damage on my improved 50% when active. Say this seems a nonsense and has since open beta 7 running well.

and I give a damn to the statistics worth me just to laugh with friends and say Hooo 500 kill 4% of the damage dealt Muahahahaha

I find that Nova's issue isn't racking up all the kills, but rather blocking the other 3 members from contributing. As others have stated, team mates receive xp, and kills themselves don't carry much value.

A range decrease would help bring it in line with other 4th abilities.

Okay...but blocking them from contributing what? As you said, everyone gets a fair cut of the xp, and assuming your team members are all courteous, the drops. 

I don't mean to trample on your opinion or anything, but what exactly does molecular prime stop other teammates from contributing? 

When I play Nova, I like to casually walk over to my team-mates trying to hold back an onslaught of enemies - donate 100 power points to make everything sparkly, then stand still and reload my weapon, while one of my squad, shoots them, and detonates the lot. Without their bullet / melee strike, my M.P is worthless, and without my M.P, their single attack would be a drop in the ocean. 

Molecular prime in my mind is best used as a force multiplier, a power-up that can be given to any member in the team. It'll be nice when / if DE changes the kill allocation to reflect this. But in the meantime, I work with my teammates to kill the bad guys. I don't worry about who's pulling the most weight.