The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

warframe CPU usage. how do you lower it?

SDGDen

so with the new plains of eidolon update. ive been running into an issue with my fps dropping significantly. when i went to check the issue it had to do with my CPU. my gpu was running at 80%. now i find this kinda weird because no matter what source i check. my cpu (amd A10 7800, 3.5GHZ quadcore) is above recommended spec. ive already tried to lower every setting to its minimum. and while this does bring my GPU from 80% to 25%. it has no effect on my CPU. the FPS drops happen mostly in infested maps, earth, the plains and cetus. 

is there any way to lower warframes CPU usage?

the only thing i have running in the background is opera with youtube open (at 144p. on a radio livestream), msi afterburner, discord, whatsapp desktop and resource monitor. (although at the time of writing this i also have Utorrent opened. but usualy i dont have it open and ive dissabled autostart on it)

Warframe is a CPU-bound game. There really isn't any way to improve CPU usage ecause the CPU is used for AI, Projectile Pathing, and other non-graphical aspects of the game. I'm not sure why you are getting CPU spikes on the Earth tileset, but Infested missions have a bunch of different AI running simultaneously, and the Plains have the same issue (along with a lot of enemies in general). Drops in cetus are due to the sheer amount of stuff to render, not to mention the complicated rendering and tracking all of the other players' movements (just like relays, only worse).

19 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Warframe is a CPU-bound game. There really isn't any way to improve CPU usage ecause the CPU is used for AI, Projectile Pathing, and other non-graphical aspects of the game. I'm not sure why you are getting CPU spikes on the Earth tileset, but Infested missions have a bunch of different AI running simultaneously, and the Plains have the same issue (along with a lot of enemies in general). Drops in cetus are due to the sheer amount of stuff to render, not to mention the complicated rendering and tracking all of the other players' movements (just like relays, only worse).

welp. so get a new CPU, mobo and ram it is! (im currently running an upgraded prebuilt with the FM2+ platform...)