The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy Concept] Bounty Hunters

Shade416

For my first post (I'll post an introduction after this one) I've got some idea for new opponents (as named in the topic name). Me and my friend have got this idea in our heads for a few weeks so I decided to share it.

Generally it looks like this (it might change): These are the alien mercenaries from the distant planetary systems hired by Grineer and hunting for the Tenno. These mercs will gather information about certain Tenno (info about the Tennos frame, weaponry and sentinel) and strike. They will do their best to take them out and collect the bounty. 

They will appear after defeating (for example) first 3 Grineer bosses and then they will start appearing randomly in any mission against this particular faction except Assasinations and missions where Stalker will appear (that means no Stalker + BH combo).

Their fighting style is dependent on attacked players playstyle and that means they will counter the players weaponry and frame so they will be hard to defeat(but it will be rewarding). Upon death Bounty Hunter will give cash, unique blueprints for their weapons(not 100% chance for it) or some useful stuff like Orokin Catalyst, Reactor or Forma (and will drop crafting materials).

There can be more than one Bounty Hunter on a mission and they will do one of these two things: they will ally against the player and share the bounty or they will start fighting eachother to ultimately decide who will claim it (if Bounty Hunter kills Bounty Hunter there will be only minor cash drop). Their rank will be dependent on the players rank (like this: players frame is rank 25 so bounty hunters will attack with maximum rank of 30 so the rank will be something between 25 and 30 and so on). They will be able to sustain alot of hits (they've got high amount of shields, health or armor which depends on the bounty hunter) and can deal high amounts of damage due to their powerful weaponry. As mentioned above they will have unique set of weapons and have chance to drop blueprints for it.

Summary: Bounty Hunter is a powerful enemy appearing randomly on Grineer missions. They have unique set of weapons and are capable of dealing high (but not too high) damage and taking alot of hits with possibility to drop blueprints and crafting materials upon death. If more Bounty Hunters are encountered during the mission they may become allies or fight themselves until only one remains.

What do you guys think? Constructive criticism is as welcome as positive feedback :)

Been interested in this concept for a while now. Maybe they could be another culture that the Orokin taught to fight like Tenno.

So for balancing purposes, 3 bounty hunters = 1 Stalker?

The Orokin part sounds awesome and yeah, 3 bounty hunters = 1 stalker would be just fine

like the idea gotta have male and female versions tho

There will be both female and male Bounty Hunters

Actually I'm glad to see some positive feedback and I really appreciate every suggestion for this concept :)

Considering how the Corpus greedily want Tenno, I can easily see them not wanting bounty hunters to get to the Tenno first. Unless they are the ones who hire the bounty hunters in the first place. Really, I can see it going either way. Depending on who hired them, the bounty hunters could end up getting shot at by the other opposing faction.

Finally, a real use for the RNG settings.

Considering how the Corpus greedily want Tenno, I can easily see them not wanting bounty hunters to get to the Tenno first. Unless they are the ones who hire the bounty hunters in the first place. Really, I can see it going either way. Depending on who hired them, the bounty hunters could end up getting shot at by the other opposing faction.

Maybe I didn't understand it but I think they would do everything to get their hands on Warframes and Orokin technology in general. So I think Corpus would even try to intercept those bounty hunters and then send in a small commando like squad to eventually clear out Grineer threat and attempt to capture Tenno and as you say - they might even hire some bounty hunters to do it.

F@CK YES! This is my want! :D it would add a nice level of difficulty for once you have got the hang of the game.

-EDIT- though getting the bounty hunters to match frame and weapons could be difficult for the coders. Might have to settle with random BH with a powerful and unique(ish) weapon.

Edited by Bozza

though getting the bounty hunters to match frame and weapons could be difficult for the coders. Might have to settle with random BH with a powerful and unique(ish) weapon.

True but I was thinking if matching would not be made then making a random set of powerful and unique weapons (rifle + pistol) to make them strong and allow them (kinda) to adapt (like this: BH has a shotgun and pistol for medium-long range and when you will be close to him he will use his shotty and when go a little bit far from him he will pull out his pistol to do some damage at medium to long range) to most situations and make them more effective in combat (that means more challenge) IMHO would be a best option

True but I was thinking if matching would not be made then making a random set of powerful and unique weapons (rifle + pistol) to make them strong and allow them (kinda) to adapt (like this: BH has a shotgun and pistol for medium-long range and when you will be close to him he will use his shotty and when go a little bit far from him he will pull out his pistol to do some damage at medium to long range) to most situations and make them more effective in combat (that means more challenge) IMHO would be a best option

you mean kinda like the stalker dose now?

you mean kinda like the stalker dose now?

Stalker weapons are counterparts to Tenno weapons. My intention is to make BH more adaptible to many situations in a gunfight that may be thrown at them while not making their weapons to look like modified Tenno weapons or something like that.

Love the idea of bounty hunters. +1 like from me =)

It be cool if the bounty hunter weapons would be multi-purpose ones, like a rifle with a grenade launcher, shotgun with flamer, etc. and then you could get blue print drops of those =D

But I'm getting carried away. Bounty hunters as enemies would be cool =)

• 3 months later...

For my first post (I'll post an introduction after this one) I've got some idea for new opponents (as named in the topic name). Me and my friend have got this idea in our heads for a few weeks so I decided to share it.

Generally it looks like this (it might change): These are the alien mercenaries from the distant planetary systems hired by Grineer and hunting for the Tenno. These mercs will gather information about certain Tenno (info about the Tennos frame, weaponry and sentinel) and strike. They will do their best to take them out and collect the bounty. 

They will appear after defeating (for example) first 3 Grineer bosses and then they will start appearing randomly in any mission against this particular faction except Assasinations and missions where Stalker will appear (that means no Stalker + BH combo).

Their fighting style is dependent on attacked players playstyle and that means they will counter the players weaponry and frame so they will be hard to defeat(but it will be rewarding). Upon death Bounty Hunter will give cash, unique blueprints for their weapons(not 100% chance for it) or some useful stuff like Orokin Catalyst, Reactor or Forma (and will drop crafting materials).

There can be more than one Bounty Hunter on a mission and they will do one of these two things: they will ally against the player and share the bounty or they will start fighting eachother to ultimately decide who will claim it (if Bounty Hunter kills Bounty Hunter there will be only minor cash drop). Their rank will be dependent on the players rank (like this: players frame is rank 25 so bounty hunters will attack with maximum rank of 30 so the rank will be something between 25 and 30 and so on). They will be able to sustain alot of hits (they've got high amount of shields, health or armor which depends on the bounty hunter) and can deal high amounts of damage due to their powerful weaponry. As mentioned above they will have unique set of weapons and have chance to drop blueprints for it.

Summary: Bounty Hunter is a powerful enemy appearing randomly on Grineer missions. They have unique set of weapons and are capable of dealing high (but not too high) damage and taking alot of hits with possibility to drop blueprints and crafting materials upon death. If more Bounty Hunters are encountered during the mission they may become allies or fight themselves until only one remains.

What do you guys think? Constructive criticism is as welcome as positive feedback :)

1 word:EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had a thought:

What if the Grineer had randomly-hired Bounty Hunters on missions, and the Corpus did something similar with mass-produced Zanucka models?

There's still the issue of this being similar to what Stalker already does, but working them around being just powerful enemy squads as opposed to a single Tenno-like unit would probably give them enough of a niche to be worth adding.