Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About melee weapon glow effect while swinging

LambertExe

This happens only if the equipped melee weapon is hidden via "hide weapon when holstered" option in appearance menu. Which every swing the weapon glows as if it was being equipped again. This doesn't happen when the weapon is not hidden via aforementioned option. I wonder if it's intentional? Or can the glow disappear? 

https://streamable.com/segrs

That's definitely a bug, though I'd like the effect of that bug to be moved onto the weapon attacks while channeled or charged, or even only occur when both channeling and charge-attack are used at the same time instead of it being purely fixed. 

Though generally the effect occurs on equipping the weapon due to pressing [melee button] while a sidearm or primary is in use.

Side-topic: more weapon customization options.

Spoiler

Though speaking of options, I would like to see melees get that attack fx as an option, and for all weapons to have a 'maintain glow when holstered' toggle.

What this would do is simple; it would force the energy colour to transparent/textureless/black (even in Conclave) when the weapon is holstered.

On this derivative topic, having the non-Prime version of a weapon as the Prime's skin (where possible) would be nice since we already have that for Prime-frames.