Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities To Run Up To Obstetrical And Hide.

Heroicleopard

Sticky cover would be fine in this game.  You can have sticky cover AND fast paced parkour action...

How many times have you ran up to a door with a flood of enemies on the other side?  Wish I had that sticky cover....

In defense missions, how many times do you wish you could just peak around a container to take a few shots?  Wish I had that sticky cover...

Sticky cover would be fine, it is based on the situation you are in.  Do you have to use it?  No.  Can you still parkour like a bandit?  Yep.

Go play Mass Effect 3 and choose the more melee based class, same concept.  You're just a little less agile.

@Baigan

That is generally the case.

A cover system would interfere with the parkour system we use to get around. Try wall-running past something when your tenno decides to cuddle up against the box.

And for those who say "Just use a different button for it"

Why cant you understand that it would imbalance gameplay and slow it to a crawl?

If you could avoid 90% of damage by cuddling boxes and taking potshots, they would need a way to make the game challenging for you. In order for the game to be challenging enemies would need to hit like a freight train. That would make staying out of cover suicide. And you can forget about using melee combat at all in that system. And that would just turn it into "Gears of Warframe" which I would hate to see happen to this game.

@Bakercompany86

And please tell me how you can do all your parkour actions at high speed when your tenno wants to cuddle up to all of the boxes that he comes up to?

And please tell me how they could possibly balance around the people that use cover and those that dont? Its either going to be too easy for one, or just plain suicide for the other.

Besides DE has said that they had thought about a cover system but found that, guess what, it slowed down gameplay and messed up the parkour action that they are after.

Edited by Tsukinoki

@Bakercompany86

And please tell me how you can do all your parkour actions at high speed when your tenno wants to cuddle up to all of the boxes that he comes up to?

And please tell me how they could possibly balance around the people that use cover and those that dont? Its either going to be too easy for one, or just plain suicide for the other.

Besides DE has said that they had thought about a cover system but found that, guess what, it slowed down gameplay and messed up the parkour action that they are after.

DE will most likely never implement a cover system.  So these arguments are moot, but here goes anyway.

Sticky cover can be implemented using a different key, as opposed to the auto-cover garbage found in a game like RE:Operation Raccoon City.

For example, I set mine to mousewheel-up.  I approach the cover threshold at whatever speed I desire, flick my mousewheel and boom, I'm in cover.

Without engaging the key, sticky cover isn't used.  That way you're free to parkour all over the place as you wish.  Similar to ME3.

Those who use cover and those who don't won't affect one another at all.  If you want to flip around and do as you please while shooting, go for it.  If you want to take a defensive position to fight through a wave, you can do so.

The two really wouldn't have an effect on each other.

If you're worried about people zooming through the level while others stay behind in cover, well that's a problem related to the players themselves, not the game.

I know I've turned around to shoot a few guys, and turned back to see my team completely gone.  It happens.  But I'd love some cover to fight my way back to them, or especially during boss fights.

This is simply my opinion.  This game doesn't need sticky cover at all.  But in many scenarios I'd welcome it.  That's just *me* though. I'm okay without it.